Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3543899 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Dear Gas Stations claiming to sell Gourmet Coffee:

A single serving packet of Folgers and half a quart of Vanilla Syrup DOES NOT MAKE SOMETHING FRENCH FUCKING ROAST. Your goddam coffee smells and tastes like stale goddamn marshmellows. At best, it's false advertising. At worst, it's a crime against humanity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Well, I was able to partly fix my friends PC using the registry backup; but for some reason running CCleaner (I guess it's 'work safe' name) broke McAfee and/or his printer drivers, so that McAfee insisted on doing something whenever he printed; something that takes 4-6 minutes per document; and as an attorney, he prints a lot of stuff; and at $250 an hour, 5 extra minutes waiting for every print job adds up.

There is absolutely no reason to 'clean' 'unneeded' items from your registry. The Windows registry is a very efficient database, which is explicitly designed to hold unreferenced data in case it's needed in the future (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2011/09/07/10206968.aspx) cleaning it out sets up a time bomb that might not get you today, or tomorrow, but someday when you least expect it (like when updating some other software) it will give you a very bad day.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

Dear Gas Stations claiming to sell Gourmet Coffee:

A single serving packet of Folgers and half a quart of Vanilla Syrup DOES NOT MAKE SOMETHING FRENCH FUCKING ROAST. Your goddam coffee smells and tastes like stale goddamn marshmellows. At best, it's false advertising. At worst, it's a crime against humanity.

Yech, gas station coffee is the WORST.

Well, almost. The 'cappuccinos' are actually worse than that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

It looks like the deal on the house I was going to buy is falling through. It appraised way lower than the asking price, now it looks like the sellers will lose money if they sell and back out. So... My real estate broker lied to me about being able to close on a house in time to rescue my parents by the end of the month (today) for her own profit and has wasted my time and money, trying to con me into spending a shitload of money (and a bigger shitload of debt) on a house that isn't worth much.

The manager at my mothers apartments pestered her into signing a paper giving him the right to "dispose" (aka take, sell or pawn) of her belongings on the 15th if she isn't out of the apartment even though she knows that the closing date for the sale probably wasn't going to be until the 20th. She is a weak old woman who can not function if she is hounded and will do anything to get relief and he took advantage of her.

:(

Wish there was something I could do...  I keep hoping to hear a positive update from you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Fuck.

So basically, me and four of my friends went to this house on Wendnesday we were going to rent. The broker/agent/whatever guy wanted the lease signed right there and the the deposit from all of us today (Friday). But we wanted to wait a little longer and turn in both the lease and the money on Monday. He agrees to this.

So then we get a call today saying he's sold the house. Like, someone actually bought it, not rented it. And apparently there's nothing we can do about him screwing us over?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

You didn't sign the lease. AFAIK there's absolutely nothing you can do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You didn't sign the lease. AFAIK there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Unless he has combustible lemons.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

Fuck.

So basically, me and four of my friends went to this house on Wendnesday we were going to rent. The broker/agent/whatever guy wanted the lease signed right there and the the deposit from all of us today (Friday). But we wanted to wait a little longer and turn in both the lease and the money on Monday. He agrees to this.

So then we get a call today saying he's sold the house. Like, someone actually bought it, not rented it. And apparently there's nothing we can do about him screwing us over?

Basically, yeah. You made no binding agreement. You turned one down, for that matter.

Plus, you can't really blame him. If somebody suddenly approached him wanting to buy the property, any sane person would have sold it rather than renting (unless they bought the property specifically to rent it in the first place). Renting properties is risky.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Oh, well. We've still got time to find another house. Unfortunately none of the other houses are within walking distance of our college, but maybe I'll find one?

At best, this was a learning experience.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

the whole anonymous is going to shut down the internet crap.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile

the whole anonymous is going to shut down the internet crap.

Anonymous, an "organisation" that's based only on the internet and only has power there... is going to shut down the internet for some reason, thus giving them no power and generally alienating them. MAKES PERFECT SENSE GUYS.
Blargh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Anonymous, an "organisation"

Not an organisation

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

A disorganization, if you will.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Almost as if a bunch of random people with varying talents and goals were using the name out of convenience, rather than because they collectively represent a set of ideals.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 3345