Poll

Do you care if this dies?

No.
Nope.
Not at all.
Of course not.
Yes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Freelance RTD - Turn 5 Happy New Year!  (Read 11804 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Turn One.
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 02:39:07 am »

I'll practice with my quarterstaff.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »

Wow, that was quick. Turn One up soon.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:11:50 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:32 pm »

Turn One

Turn 1 Actions
I go and sign up for the melee tourney. Got to impress prospective employers with my grit and daring!

You quickly sign up for the melee. The man looks at you and says, "You're on the team on the right." He hands you a wooden practice sword. You attempt to protest the fact that you have no idea how to use it, but he explains that it is the only weapon allowed. You go to the team on the right, preparing for the melee.

When the melee starts, you rush foward, swinging your sword at the nearest freelance, who has a design of two fleur de lis on his shield. [4] [4] Your practice swords hit with a resounding crack, again and again. [8] [6] With a loud cry, you sucessfully hit him on the head. [5] Your blow stuns him, and you quickly land more blows, until he yields. ((+0.2) Sword)

You find another opponent, and lock weapons with him. [5] [8] His more skilled blow hits you on your midsection, [6] but it is only a light blow, and you manage to counter-attack! [2] Yet he barely seems frazed. [7] [9] You lock swords again, before he takes a wild swing at you! [3] [10!] It lands on your forearm, and [5] you think it might be broken. You yield.

As you are dragged off the field, you learn that your side has lost. You won't be getting any money to help pay for medical treatment.

turn 1 actions

drill
driil
read
read
melee tournament join!!!

Having very little Asturan, you have no idea how to sign up. Since everyone seems to be at the melee, you decide to learn some more Asturan. [2] It's all very confusing

I too will go and sign up for the melee tourny.

You sign up for the melee. Your team is on the lower side of the field. You prepare for the fight with your practice sword.

The melee starts, and you run forward, spying a freelance with wolves on his shield. He turns towards you, and with a snarl, [6] [9] hits you in the gut, winding you (-1 to next attack) [6] [7] You barely get your shield up to block his next strike. And his next. And his next. [6] [8] He sends a blow to your legs, causing you to stumble. (-1 to next attack) [7] [8] Yet once again you block with your shield. Hearing him pant, you put most of your energy into your next attack, [4] [4] but he easily blocks. [7] [8] Blocking an attack, you call up your last reserves of strength, [8] [6] winding him, [3] [4] however your strength leaves you. (-1 to all attacks until the end of combat.) Luckily, your team has the upper hand, and your foe yields. ((+0.2) Sword)

You donate half of your winnings to the local church, keeping 25 talers.

Practice some then join tournament

Finding no one to practice with, you join the tournament. You are annoyed that you have to use a practice sword. You head up the field to your team.

Soon after the melee starts, you spot a freelance coming towards you. You turn to face him and [9] [6] swing your sword, hitting him. He seems a bit winded. [7] [6] You bring down your sword with all your force, yet he manages to bring up his shield. Again and again.  Annoyed, you swing at his legs when he has his shield up. [8] [6] He stumbles, and you swing again. [8] [7] He brings his shield up once again! You feel tired. (-1 to all attacks until the end of combat) [4] [4]you block a simple attack, and [8] [7] and launch one of your own. [6] [8] His next attack winds you, (-1 to next attack) yet you manage to block his next blow [3] [4]. Seeing the melee turning against your team, you yield. ((+0.2) Sword)

I'll practice with my quarterstaff.

Your head pounding, you try to find a quiet spot to practice your quarterstaff. [6] While walking along, you spot someone going into the tent of the Duke of Kyria. You investigate. [6] Seeing him rooting around the Duke's chest, laughing and muttering, "Look at how much gold he has!" you decide he is a thief. You decide to whack him over the head with your quaterstaff. [6] [2] With a loud thunk, you hit him resoundly on the head. [6.5] Blood squirts out at you. Seeing him collaspe, dead, you decide that it's best to run away. At least you got some practice. ((+0.2) Quarterstaff)

You spend the rest of the day doing nothing, complaining about your head.

Information: The armies at Ebro and Segia will leave tommorrow, and will move to fight each other.

(Can I just say how evenly matched wolfchild and maxicaxi were?) (Also I went through combat assuming you had no shields (Plus no damage) because you had practice swords. Real combat will be much more deadly.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:17:18 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 03:52:00 pm »

Actions

Eh, might as well find some local Church that provides *free* medical service to treat my wounded arm. I'm sure theres a catch...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »

devine which side is the most just, also congratulate my worthy oponent
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 09:42:54 pm »

turn 1 actions

read
melee tournament join again!!!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 01:20:53 am »

Well shit, with a 6, that guy was either the Duke's brother or the commander of the enemy army. Ehrm.

If there's a tournament I join it, otherwise I'll go learn some Astruan
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 02:40:42 am »

A good match indeed.  Though I certainly had the lower hand for most of it.

Offer my congradulations to my opponent as well.  Then prepare for battle(checking up on the horses, cleaning arms and armour, and making sure I am in the best condition possible).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 02:21:30 pm »

Am I right in assuming that everybody will be joining the armies? (And that wolfchild will switch sides depending on his decision?)

Dwarmin: The Royal Physician will gladly do it, for a price. (It's how he earns a living.) Or you could find a herder. Sure, he practices on sheep, but he'll probably be overwelmed with your presence. Perhaps the local village healer? The local priest will know next to nothing about setting a broken forearm.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 04:23:43 pm »

Am I right in assuming that everybody will be joining the armies? (And that wolfchild will switch sides depending on his decision?)

Dwarmin: The Royal Physician will gladly do it, for a price. (It's how he earns a living.) Or you could find a herder. Sure, he practices on sheep, but he'll probably be overwelmed with your presence. Perhaps the local village healer? The local priest will know next to nothing about setting a broken forearm.

Dang, I was hoping for the Hospitalier Knights. :(
I'll try the herder *lol*-maybe I can let one of his sons become my squire as payment?
And yeah, I'll join up with the army once my wounds are mended.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:26 am »

Yeah, sure, join the army. I'll fight with my sword for now, haven't trained my quarterstaff-skills enough yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 05:50:56 pm »

Nevermind. Turn up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:53:26 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:57 pm »

could you update the title?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Turn Two.
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »

Arg. Forgot. It's only going to matter for my next post really.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Turn Two.
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 02:36:27 pm »

I'm assuming that everyone who didn't speak is going with the armies. Also Endurance is now strength. Makes it more useful that way.

Turn Two

Dang, I was hoping for the Hospitalier Knights. :(
I'll try the herder *lol*-maybe I can let one of his sons become my squire as payment?
And yeah, I'll join up with the army once my wounds are mended.

Finding a herder on the outskirts of the village, you try convince him, through your translator. [4] He agrees on the condition that you take one of his children as a squire. [2] You get the scrawny one. (New follower: John Johnson, Squire) [4+1] He sets your forearm up in a jiffy. It's not the best, but it's kinda free.

devine which side is the most just, also congratulate my worthy oponent

Thinking for a bit, you realize that you have no idea who's side is more just. So you decide to stick with this army for a while. You congratulate Gregorio. [1] He congratulates you as well.

turn 1 actions
read
melee tournament join again!!!
There's no tournament, so you study a bit more. [2] You're really struggling with this. ((+0.1) Asturan)

If there's a tournament I join it, otherwise I'll go learn some Astruan

No tournaments, so you go learn some more Astruan. [AUTO-FAIL] Amazingly, no one seems to be speaking Astruan in a camp of their sworn enemies. You do hear that the squire of Sir Fredrik, The Whirlwind, was found dead. In the Duke of Kryia's tent. Getting the money he won in a bet. [1] Despite trying to not be seen, you act very suspious, bumping into Sir Fredrik like that. Luckily, he just yells at you to look where you're going.

Offer my congradulations to my opponent as well.  Then prepare for battle

Offering your congradulations, you go to check on your equipment. Let's see, slightly rusted, notched on the blade, horse looks kinda under-fed. Nothing has appeared to changed. [1] You decide to go off and pray for a while. Or something.

December eighth, The Battle of Longstream.

The Asturan and Cordovian forced met here, near the river of longstream, from which the battle gets it's name. The two forces came up in battle array, ready to kill each other.

Forces:
Asturan:
50 Knights, mostly freelances.
50 Archers, armed with shortbows.
100 Peasants (Ignore my bad spelling), armed with hatchets, clubs, quarter staffs, and pickforks (similar to shortspears)
50 Militamen, clad in boiled leather, armed with shortspears and round shields

Cordovian:
50 Knights, mostly freelances.
50 Archers, armed with shortbows.
100 Peasants (Ignore my bad spelling), armed with hatchets, clubs, quarter staffs, and pickforks (similar to shortspears)
50 Militamen, clad in boiled leather, armed with half-moon axes

PMing each side's moves now (So you can plan for your next turn.)

(Cordovians are the northern forces, Asturan forces are to the south.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:52:53 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7