Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1572171 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #2925 on: January 11, 2011, 08:26:25 am »

As I was kinda expecting the night creatures would include creatures vampire-like...

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2926 on: January 11, 2011, 08:44:13 am »

Just out of curiosity, what is "non-fairy vampirism" supposed to be? Vampire fairies are kind of a hilarious idea though, fluttering around nipping people on the arms.

There are badass vampires that drink fish blood, kick ass with katanas, have cat eyes and their passage through any area is best described as "collateral damage path". Vampires which solve hurt feelings with help of miniguns and homemade tanks.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2927 on: January 11, 2011, 01:01:08 pm »

No, you're thinking of SCP-wannabe vampires. Real Vampires are corpses motivated only by truly inhuman forces. A true Vampire cannot be good, nor even evil, for it has no capacity to make moral decisions. It's only goal is domination of humans, and it's supernatural powers are merely compliments to it's most subtle and pererse ability- an incredible charisma and intelectual power that allows it to manipulate those around it with ease.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »

No, you're thinking of SCP-wannabe vampires. Real Vampires are corpses motivated only by truly inhuman forces. A true Vampire cannot be good, nor even evil, for it has no capacity to make moral decisions. It's only goal is domination of humans, and it's supernatural powers are merely compliments to it's most subtle and pererse ability- an incredible charisma and intelectual power that allows it to manipulate those around it with ease.

according to whom?

back when vampire were on tales and not on tv or even on book, they were sulking creatures. then it came the charming ones and they stood that way for a while, being ported on the tv also and becoming the true ones. then came the withewolf interpretation. in between dozens of films and tv series and books, ranging from splatter to teenage drama.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 11, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

Real Vampire

You can basically stop right there. You're taking a broad folk concept with about a bazillion different iterations through several centuries, and pretending that only one of them can be correct even though it's a freaking fantasy creature.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »

Fuck this yo vampire shit! I want man-chomping, hairy werewolves! And some kind of entity that turns boys into witchers! Fuck yea

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »

seconded! to hell the animal sponsorship drive, give us the monster sponsorship drive!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2932 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:23 pm »

Real Vampire

You can basically stop right there. You're taking a broad folk concept with about a bazillion different iterations through several centuries, and pretending that only one of them can be correct even though it's a freaking fantasy creature.

Put your pants back on. You're supposed to say something to the effect of "No, a REALLY Real Vampire is actually just like this neat fanfiction I wrote...". I know that Vampires have had a long history terrifying people before Alucard ever wrote his name backwards.

Yeah, I second monster sponsor.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:49 pm »

It occurs to me that vampirism usually only affects humans, DF is in a good position to challenge this trope.
(With the non-racist zombification and general undeath thing.)

Vampyxies fly!
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 11, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »

seconded! to hell the animal sponsorship drive, give us the monster sponsorship drive!
It occurs to me that vampirism usually only affects humans, DF is in a good position to challenge this trope.
(With the non-racist zombification and general undeath thing.)

Vampyxies fly!

Yes, and yes! Toady One, what do you say to a monster sponsorship deal? Mayhap I should turn to Rainseeker instead, on the other hand?

Fuck this yo vampire shit! I want man-chomping, hairy werewolves! And some kind of entity that turns boys into witchers! Fuck yea

xD
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:38 pm »

Real vampires are bunnies.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2938 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »

I think I was working on a mod about something like that a while ago, but I sorta gave up.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 11, 2011, 07:59:59 pm »

Is it too late to vote for celery stalks???
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 342