Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1569261 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #3135 on: January 24, 2011, 12:03:33 am »

oh sweet victory...
 :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:54 am »

The addition of bees means that we'll have a chance to fight titans and forgotten beasts made of honey!

Get a grizzly, name it pooh, and sick it on said beast....

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: January 24, 2011, 01:18:17 am »

Wait, were we already getting forgotten beasts made entirely of stuff like meat, bone, or chitin?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:18 am »

dont think so but I spose its possible? I am not sure

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:35 am »

Wait, were we already getting forgotten beasts made entirely of stuff like meat, bone, or chitin?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the single-material ones are inorganic (i.e. not based on creature materials).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:56 am »

Oops!  My mistake!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: January 24, 2011, 02:23:56 am »

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the single-material ones are inorganic (i.e. not based on creature materials).

I thought there were creatures made of nothing but blood.  I don't know that I have ever seen a forgotten beast made of it, but I thought there were.  If not blood, then vomit.  Anybody else seen anything like that?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:39 am »

Yeah, I think there's vomit , but I don't think there are things like muscle or bone or nervous tissue. I'm not even sure about vomit, but I know there's "filth", which is not a creature material.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: January 24, 2011, 05:51:04 am »

Is it planned to implement in 2011 one of the top* suggestions from DF Eternal Suggestion Voting?
*one of top 4?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:19 am »

I saw a forgotten beast in the legends of one of my worlds that was composed of vomit. Can't recall its shape though.
"It's unpossible!"

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: January 24, 2011, 08:48:24 am »

Will we be able to designate planting zones for trees?
Desu

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: January 24, 2011, 09:11:51 am »

I thought there were creatures made of nothing but blood.  I don't know that I have ever seen a forgotten beast made of it, but I thought there were.  If not blood, then vomit.  Anybody else seen anything like that?

I'm pretty sure the creature composed entirely of blood was something else entirely, but I have seen a humanoid weasel demon made of vomit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: January 24, 2011, 01:09:57 pm »

Beekeeping, awesome!

Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see what new tags come into play with bees. Might make for some interesting modding options.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: January 24, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »

It will be used for candles, I'm sure, once lighting goes in. That's by far one of my most anticipated additions that nobody ever talks about, incidentally.
Probably everyone is just too scared to even think about consequences of introduction of dozens of dynamic light sources. Even if Toady keeps it to binary light/dark state, re-calculating FOVs for them will be devastating fps-wise.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #3149 on: January 24, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »

Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see what new tags come into play with bees. Might make for some interesting modding options.

I'll just collect this little colony of leprechauns, and when they've filled the hive, press them for gold.

You have incentive to collect the hives so as to keep others from grabbing them first. The hives have to be stationed beside a drink stockpile though...
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 342