Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/12)  (Read 67007 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/2)
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2010, 04:00:01 pm »

This is "short" or "short int". Integer itself has and means normaly 32 bits. I asume you turned to a unsigned short then (65.535)? If so i suggest that depending on thelanguage you use you go over to  DWord or Double Word. Long int would be to much :P .

edit: excuse if i am a little bit pedantic on this ^^.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:09:11 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »

Made it to 72% this time. Getting closer heh.

<historical_event>
      <id>468460</id>
      <year>370</year>
      <seconds72>-1</seconds72>
      <type>hf died</type>
      <hfid>41505</hfid>
      <slayer_hfid>1981</slayer_hfid>
      <slayer_item_id>-1</slayer_item_id>
      <slayer_shooter_item_id>-1</slayer_shooter_item_id>
      <site_id>-1</site_id>
      <subregion_id>87</subregion_id>
      <feature_layer_id>-1</feature_layer_id>
      <cause>struck</cause>
   </historical_event>

Same as last time, repeats with varying numbers repeatedly after the first one.  the id field actually does skip a few numbers near the beginning though.  And like last time the <type> entry are all the same thing, except this time instead of abductions they are all deaths.

I guess I have an inordinately large number of events or something?  It's only a medium world..

You seem to be at the point in xml files size that aren't too large to cause the memory failure, but are bigger then the one I've been using.  This is valuable regardless because I would have to address these soon enough anyway.

When you zip (rar/7z/whatever) your xml file, what kind of size do you get?  Maybe you could share it?

This is "short" or "short int". Integer itself has and means normaly 32 bits. I asume you turned to a unsigned short then (65.535)? If so i suggest that depending on thelanguage you use you go over to  DWord or Double Word. Long int would be to much :P .

I'm using VB6 where integer is 16bit (short int in other languages), and long is 32bit, which should cover me up until someone has more than 2,147,483,647 events ;).

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »

VB? Hmmmm i have done some VBa but normaly i do C++ Php or javascript (especially the last drives me mad and makes me happy at the same time.) Ayway go unsigned because you shouldnt have events with negative values.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2010, 04:58:15 pm »

VB? Hmmmm i have done some VBa but normaly i do C++ Php or javascript (especially the last drives me mad and makes me happy at the same time.) Ayway go unsigned because you shouldnt have events with negative values.

Yeah VB has a lot of flaws (specifically the LACK of unsigned data types for example :-X), especially when you use an old and unsupported version like me (VB6), but I've done enough big personal projects on it that I can often whip up programs as fast as I can type, which means I get to see some results quickly which helps to stave off boredom for personal projects about managing data.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

Oh wow, 3% compression ratio. the entire.xml is 4.71 MB when rar ed with winrar under the normal setting.  So it looks like it would be easy to send in rar format. I assume you need all the other files Worldview asks for as well right?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »

Oh wow, 3% compression ratio. the entire.xml is 4.71 MB when rar ed with winrar under the normal setting.  So it looks like it would be easy to send in rar format. I assume you need all the other files Worldview asks for as well right?

Awesome yeah, just upload all of them somewhere.

I thought it might be small with all the repeated text in it.

I appreciate it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9c0bn2

There ya go.  Filename is Greiger region1-legends.rar  Should have everything.  Hope it's not too hard to fix. :)

As I said before, worldgen ends in 500 and it has 2 extra civs.

P.S. Forgot about the Orcs... 3 extra civs.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:16:47 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:55 pm »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9c0bn2

There ya go.  Filename is Greiger region1-legends.rar  Should have everything.  Hope it's not too hard to fix. :)

As I said before, worldgen ends in 500 and it has 2 extra civs.

P.S. Forgot about the Orcs... 3 extra civs.

Hmm... seemed to work for me.

I just recompiled but I don't think I've made any real changes since last time.

Testing with compiled version... works there too.  I'll upload again.

Give it another shot.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »

Yea, it works now for me as well.  Donno, what you did but it's working fine now.  Thanks much!

Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:35:22 pm by Greiger »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »

Yea, it works now for me as well.  Donno, what you did but it's working fine now.  Thanks much!

Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)

I've done a few games, and a big path finding/A* demonstration thing in VB myself.

I was using your save and looking at the map and I found that The Silver of Flight civ was centered on a site they didn't originally create, because my algorithm had it center a civ on the site which was founded first.  Problem with that is that if a civ captured another civs first site then that site might be considered the "center" which didn't really sit well with me.

So I moved it so it was the site founded the earliest by the civ that owns it now, and also distinguished graphically between sites that were natural expansion (solid line), and ones that were forcefully taken or reclaimed (dotted line).

Spoiler: Check it out (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/5)
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2010, 06:56:46 pm »

Oh wow, even I didn't notice that.  But yer right.  Never saw dracon attack other dracon or humans before.  Was always goblins, orcs, or elves.

I'll have to take a peek to see what pissed them off.

Of course knowing the luck of most of the other civs of the world they were probably just smashed into submission by megabeasts early and The Silver of Flight just looked at it and said, "Oh hey, free town"

Very nice catch.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2010, 07:16:12 pm »

Oh wow, even I didn't notice that.  But yer right.  Never saw dracon attack other dracon or humans before.  Was always goblins, orcs, or elves.

I'll have to take a peek to see what pissed them off.

Of course knowing the luck of most of the other civs of the world they were probably just smashed into submission by megabeasts early and The Silver of Flight just looked at it and said, "Oh hey, free town"

Very nice catch.

Yeah, if you click a site connected with dotted lines (or any site) you will go to the site tab which has the full history.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:57 pm »

In case anyone is interested, I've been putting together an XML Schema describing the XML dumps from DF. It's too large to post here, but the current version is available here. Since the XML from DF is not well formed because it lacks a root node, the XML dumps won't validate as they are. To validate against my Schema, add the following tag around the contents of the XML dump:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>
<DFLegend xmlns="http://www.bay12games.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
... Contents of XML dump from DF (without <?xml?> part) ...
</DFLegend>

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »

I just downloaded world viewer from the link on the first page of this thread, exported everything from my world, and ran it.
I get the error "Run Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" when the parsing reaches 22%.
My XML is a puny 105MB. Do you have any ideas?
That means it didn't even get to the XML, could you post your world sites/world history?  You can even just drop it inside spoiler tags right here if you like, they shouldn't be very long.

Thanks!
I tried, but got a message board error:
Quote from: SMF
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).
The Sites file is 80KB, and the history file is 99KB.
I would be happy to send them to you; would you PM me your email address?
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2010, 01:53:16 pm »

I just downloaded world viewer from the link on the first page of this thread, exported everything from my world, and ran it.
I get the error "Run Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" when the parsing reaches 22%.
My XML is a puny 105MB. Do you have any ideas?
That means it didn't even get to the XML, could you post your world sites/world history?  You can even just drop it inside spoiler tags right here if you like, they shouldn't be very long.

Thanks!
I tried, but got a message board error:
Quote from: SMF
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).
The Sites file is 80KB, and the history file is 99KB.
I would be happy to send them to you; would you PM me your email address?

Sent PM, and if you zip (or .rar/.7z) the xml it should compress really well.  Send that too (and the map) if you can.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:05:18 pm by Mason11987 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18