Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 499453 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2010, 01:40:58 pm »

YOU ARE ONLY GIVING HIM WHAT HE WANTS!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2010, 06:38:12 pm »

All right, after a wicked-long sleep I am doing some more room/prep work. I'll probably go live in 2-3 hours.

Tylui, you're reading too much into it. Just relax :P

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:52 pm »

NEVAR!

Also, you should examine the coins!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 07:46:03 pm »

All right, after a wicked-long sleep I am doing some more room/prep work. I'll probably go live in 2-3 hours.

Man, why do you have to be up at such strange hours over there in America? That means I can't really follow this while it happens.
Love, scriver~

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:17 pm »

Man, why do you have to be up at such strange hours over there in America? That means I can't really follow this while it happens.

Well, my schedule tends to rotate, so the time I start will probably rotate with it. Everyone will have it their way sooner or later :P

(still prepping)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All right, let's get this started up again.

You are currently in the Smithy. There is a hammer tied to an anvil with a steel cable, and some kind of floor panel under the anvil. The fireplace burns furiously, though you have hammered off the grate. On the right side of the room is a window and some kind of electronic monitor. On the left is a desk with a locked drawer and some papers presumably written by the room's former occupant, 'Les'. An oil can is on the mantle. You have moved a painting to discover a vault, and opened it with the eyedol. According to another paper from Les, he has lost a key somewhere wet downstairs, and there are 'critters' about. The ladder leads down to the room you started in.

This is your inventory. It currently contains a lightning medallion, a bottle of whiskey, a strange device, a creepy eyedol, two coins, a music box, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men's Pomade.

Examine electronic gadget on right wall

You check out the gadget. It appears to be a monitor of some kind, with a control knob. The display is dark. There is a place for something to be put at the bottom.

Hammer cable

Clang! No luck. It's quite a sturdy cable. It may breakable, but bludgeoning it won't snap it.

Look out the window.

It's hard to see anything; it's built pretty high up. You can see a rocky ground and wall, and some kind of circular shape on the floor. Hard to say what it is, though. The light source is higher up.

press buttons randomly on device.

There are only two buttons on it, and a 4-character display. It appears that pushing the right button adds 7 to the ones column, and the left button moves all the numbers one place to the left. Pressing both resets the display.

The display currently reads 0070 due to your button-mashing.

Examine who's on the painting.

You examine the painting closer. It is a fellow with a funny flat hat and a rather magnificent beard.

There is some writing at the bottom of the painting.

Kiss painting.

You feel a strange urge to... no, nevermind. It was nothing. You hope we can move on and not discuss this further.

Also, you should examine the coins!

They have a similar eye-symbol on them. They appear to be worth 3 and 5 units respectively. You guess you have 8 eye-dollars or whatever currency these are.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »

enter 5224 on the device.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:24 pm »

enter 5224 on the device.

You aren't sure how to do that with the annoying button system. You are going to have to logically hash this one out!

It appears that pushing the right button adds 7 to the ones column, and the left button moves all the numbers one place to the left. Pressing both resets the display.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »

Dammit you son of a bitch.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:35 pm »

Dammit you son of a bitch.

Don't worry, I have faith you guys will be able to hash this one out :) I actually borrowed the puzzle idea from a favourite room escape series of mine, so I've done it myself before (a harder number set than this, too). Try taking it step by step!

There's still other stuff to find as well. Les didn't keep a very close eye on his stuff.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »

Enter 4225.

Enter 5232.

Enter 3355.

Enter 5533.

Enter 3535.

Enter 5353.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »

Enter -many numbers-.

You are not clever enough to do this on your own! You suddenly regret dropping math in Adventurer School. Someone is going to have to walk you through which buttons to push one by one!

It appears that pushing the right button adds 7 to the ones column, and the left button moves all the numbers one place to the left. Pressing both resets the display.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:31 pm »

Reset.

Press right 7 times.

Press left once.

Press right 3 times.

Press left once.

Press right two times.

TADAH!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »

-instructions-

Inspiration comes to you suddenly! You reset the puzzle [0000]. You press the right button seven times [0007, 0014, 0021, 0028, 0035, 0042, 0049]. You press the left button [0490]. You press the right button three times [0497, 0504, 0511]. You press the left button [5110]. You press the right button twice [5117, 5124].

Not quite there yet! You get an urge to throw this piece of shit puzzle into the fire.

Spoiler: edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:40:58 pm by Retro »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:18 pm »

*Sigh*

Someone else do it, I'm too lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168