Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 67649 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 3 refuses to stay dead
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2010, 10:53:35 pm »

Toonyman, your one-line posts are wearing on my nerves. What sensible player wants to die, other than apparently you?
What happened to all jokes Solifuge?  Major change or what.

I don't want to die, I want to help.
That goes double for the weak attack-jabs you're making now. Do you suspect I'm scum, or are you just antagonizing me?

Sexton notices if bodies are missing or disturbed, not who does the deed or what exactly was done.
Hmm?  Why are you making stuff up?

Toony, if Jokeman-Exe claims to be Sexton, and claims that Sextons don't know what happens to bodies, but just that they go missing, why are you not voting for him? Moreover, according to your claims, Eduren, Lonewolf, and Jokerman would ALL have to be scum for you to not be. And on top of that, you are also voicing suspicions on me. Your arguments don't add up. Explain yourself.

In either case, you're not helping at all. You're obfuscating the situation as much as you possibly can, purposefully making yourself look bad, and are behaving anti-town. Given the hidden scum roles, I can't figure out why you're doing it either, but you've got to have something to gain from being this pants-on-head retarded.

Would you please explain who you think is lying, and how Lonewolf, Eduren, Jokerman, and I can all be scum?

Unvote. Toonyman, therefore, is lying.

Toonyman is aware of this, and seems to want to be lynched (or is trying to seem like he wants to be lynched?). I'm afraid that he might have a Triggered-On-Lynch scum ability, rather than being a jester. I don't like this whole morass that's been building, though.

If ToonyMan has a lynch triggered ability, than I think that you should be one of the people to trigger it.  I don't trust you.  Especially after unvoting.

(...)

There was no Sexton in Round 1.  I checked.  So why are you lying and apparantly taking Lonewolf I's side on this?

Wasn't aware asking Lonewolf to speak his opinion on the matter was "taking sides". If you mean in regards to Toonyman, it's damned obvious what he's doing, and for anyone who hasn't put two and two together and realized that his story is entirely impossible, I call their method into question. I know Toony well enough that him saying "Everything will make sense when I die" is a clever way of him getting the last laugh, when whatever happens happens. Or this is all some ridiculous double Xanatos, and he's trying to reverse-psychology his way into not getting killed.

At any rate, though the gesture will likely be a meaningless one, Toonyman it is. I'll see you in hell.

P.S. Sexton vs. Sextant - Knowing the difference might save your life! (Sextant // Sexton)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:58 pm »

Wasn't aware asking Lonewolf to speak his opinion on the matter was "taking sides". If you mean in regards to Toonyman, it's damned obvious what he's doing, and for anyone who hasn't put two and two together and realized that his story is entirely impossible, I call their method into question. I know Toony well enough that him saying "Everything will make sense when I die" is a clever way of him getting the last laugh, when whatever happens happens. Or this is all some ridiculous double Xanatos, and he's trying to reverse-psychology his way into not getting killed.

Taking sides as in backing up his interpretation of the Sexton when neither of you would actually know for sure about the role.  Unless of course one of the two of you is on the scum team with the scum Sexton.

Now, could you answer the more important (in my opinion) part of that question?

The sexton was around in the previous match, and as I recall it, that was the description that was given. Granted it may have changed, or I may be misremembering.

There was no Sexton in the previous round.  Why did you say that there was?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »

Archangel:  See post numbers 108, 125, 160, 183, and 190 for day 2.  Anyway, I was the Illusionist that redirected you. I didn't trust you yesterday, but I can say you didn't kill Person at least.

Don't forget to complete the analysis like you said you would.

Solifuge, what's your deal?  You're still not answering this:

Quote from: Toaster
Solifuge:  You never answered me.  Why did you post that blatant WIFOM?  You're being very town unfriendly with your actions lately- please tell me you're not doing your "act scummy to see who votes me" thing on D3.

I like this one too:

In either case, you're not helping at all. You're obfuscating the situation as much as you possibly can, purposefully making yourself look bad, and are behaving anti-town. Given the hidden scum roles, I can't figure out why you're doing it either, but you've got to have something to gain from being this pants-on-head retarded.

Hypocrite.

Next question mark is your reflex revote on Toony after Janus calls you on your unvote.  Seems like you're trying to slip that vote back on before anyone thinks twice about it to make yourself look better.

Explain why you're spreading crap and get in line with the town, or keep your mouth shut. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2010, 11:32:38 pm »

Archangel:  See post numbers 108, 125, 160, 183, and 190 for day 2.  Anyway, I was the Illusionist that redirected you. I didn't trust you yesterday, but I can say you didn't kill Person at least.

Wait.  So Illusionists are redirectors?  And one Illusionist redirected another?  That's ... interesting ... to say the least.

Next question mark is your reflex revote on Toony after Janus calls you on your unvote.  Seems like you're trying to slip that vote back on before anyone thinks twice about it to make yourself look better.

At least on this I'd rather he be voting than not if it's true that ToonyMan does have some sort of deadman ability. 

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2010, 12:34:36 am »

...so, I can't vote for Toonyman, but I can't not vote for him either? Are you people even playing the game anymore, or just... I don't even know.

Toaster, had you the patience or presence of mind to read, you'd see that I'm doing it at Janus' request, as a gesture of good faith, and an effort to move the game forward. If you're telling me that, somehow, my willingness to take the brunt of whatever retaliatory ability Toonyman may have on behalf of the town is more scummy/important than the fact that one of either Toonyman or Jokerman HAVE TO BE LYING right now, then present whatever convoluted, misshapen excuse you have for an argument.

In all earnestness Toaster, I couldn't give a flying flip about answering your loaded questions, or participating in whatever snarky bickering you're trying to incite. Don't sit around trying to disrupt what little semblance of direction folks have, and start contributing to solving the dilemma at hand. We have two players right in front of us, and one of them HAVE to be scum... and the scum are sitting pretty, watching the town rip itself apart right now without having to do anything.

This is fantastic.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2010, 01:29:33 am »

Don't sit around trying to disrupt what little semblance of direction folks have, and start contributing to solving the dilemma at hand. We have two players right in front of us, and one of them HAVE to be scum... and the scum are sitting pretty, watching the town rip itself apart right now without having to do anything.

I think that you're overreacting.  Toaster's comment about the reflex vote was way out of line and I don't see the point of the WIFOM question.  (For the record, I had a partially finished post about the same idea, so if he hadn't posted it and labeled it as WIFOM it would have come up anyways), but that's only one person.

For that matter, it's the weekend.  I'm actually suprised at how much posting we are getting.  Games used to go dead on the weekends.

How exactly is the town ripping itself apart in your view?

See, at the beginning of the game, I was informed that a constellation known as "the gates of the underworld" was coming to dominance. Night two, I learned there was a ghoul among us- which was of course when he disappeared anyway. Night three, it was too cloudy to see anything, meaning I was either roleblocked, which we don't think is possible, or there simply aren't any more factions to know about.

Could you clarify this?  Because we're on Day 3, we haven't had three nights yet as I count them.  Would that mean that N0 was the gates, N1 was the ghoul, N2 was cloud?

Here's all of the information that I've collected so far.  If I've missed anything, please let me know.

Spoiler: Known roles (click to show/hide)

Solifuge, you and I are the only ones that haven't claimed our roles.  What do you think about a mass claim?

Everyone else, thoughts on claiming the missing night actions?

ToonyMan and Jokerman-EXE, double checking.  Did anything happen Night 1?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2010, 02:20:23 am »

I can't quote my PM, but Lonewolf is right and that's exactly what my PM says.

Solifuge has a good point. I'm with Janus on wanting to hear Toony's plans.

Nothing happened N1, that I was informed of.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2010, 02:59:08 am »

Yes, I overreacted. I've just been getting increasingly frustrated with the way some people get when playing the game. I'm starting to think I may want to call this match my last one for a while; though the games are always fun, it's a time sink, and I think the limited amount of time/energy I'm willing to put into these things is just going to frustrate other players, which then makes me frustrated. I enjoy them, for sure, but I think the net yield may work out to be negative. :/

On topic: There is a very specific reason I am not okay with a mass-claim, and with 8 players remaining I wish those who MCed hadn't... granted it outed at least 1 Scum due to contradictory claims. In the event that my role doesn't flip after today, though, I'd be happy to claim tomorrow. If you'd insist on an MC today, though, it wouldn't make sense for me to not participate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2010, 03:18:11 am »

See, at the beginning of the game, I was informed that a constellation known as "the gates of the underworld" was coming to dominance. Night two, I learned there was a ghoul among us- which was of course when he disappeared anyway. Night three, it was too cloudy to see anything, meaning I was either roleblocked, which we don't think is possible, or there simply aren't any more factions to know about.

Could you clarify this?  Because we're on Day 3, we haven't had three nights yet as I count them.  Would that mean that N0 was the gates, N1 was the ghoul, N2 was cloud?

Sorry, yeah. Night one was ghoul, night two was cloudy.

I'd really like to hear more from Archangel, but in the meantime: Toaster, could you give us more detail on how Illusionist works?

I'd generally prefer we left some question marks for the scum, so I don't think a mass claim is useful. If you think claiming your role helps town, feel free, but I don't think claiming for the sake of claiming does anything but inform scum at this point. I only did mine because I felt it was important to explain why I thought a zombie wasn't out of the question.

Toony, either you severely misread your PM, or you are scum.
And I guess I should add some more information to the pile. My Role PM vaguely suggests that my "ritual" may go wrong. I questioned Meph about it and he said that it was pretty much chance based. So it may be possible that Lonewolf is a zombie but without my knowledge or consent.
Eduren, I find this rather suspicious. Your initial reaction was to dismiss ToonyMan's claims out of hand, despite there being something in your role PM about your one and only, and one-use only, power potentially going awry. I would have thought you'd pay more attention to something as important as that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:20 am »

Looking at what I gathered.  Eduren is 100% scum, Lonewolf is 50% scum (probably a third-party now), Jokerman is 100% scum, and Solifuge is 100% scum.

There is 100% chance of two scum parties.  50% chance of a third single party.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #280 on: August 08, 2010, 11:34:48 am »

I'd generally prefer we left some question marks for the scum, so I don't think a mass claim is useful. If you think claiming your role helps town, feel free, but I don't think claiming for the sake of claiming does anything but inform scum at this point. I only did mine because I felt it was important to explain why I thought a zombie wasn't out of the question.

No, mine doesn't help to be known.  That's why I asked rather than claiming.

And I guess I should add some more information to the pile. My Role PM vaguely suggests that my "ritual" may go wrong. I questioned Meph about it and he said that it was pretty much chance based. So it may be possible that Lonewolf is a zombie but without my knowledge or consent.

That's standard Priest PM, at least it was last game.  It depends on specifically what type of Priest you are.  If you are Pious, there's no chance of things going wrong.  I don't know any of the other types.

Looking at what I gathered.  Eduren is 100% scum, Lonewolf is 50% scum (probably a third-party now), Jokerman is 100% scum, and Solifuge is 100% scum.

There is 100% chance of two scum parties.  50% chance of a third single party.

What do you expect the two scum parties to be then?  It still seems like at least one too many for a 12 player game.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2010, 11:58:51 am »

Toony, either you severely misread your PM, or you are scum.
Eduren, I find this rather suspicious. Your initial reaction was to dismiss ToonyMan's claims out of hand, despite there being something in your role PM about your one and only, and one-use only, power potentially going awry. I would have thought you'd pay more attention to something as important as that.
You'll notice that there is a considerable amount of time between those posts. I at first dismissed Toony because he was accusing me of making a zombie. I had not realized until later that he could be right and I just didn't know that I had created scum.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2010, 12:17:46 pm »

Toony, would you care to present any evidence for your percentages there? And why is it that Lonewolf, whom you say you are certain is a zombie, is only a 50% chance of being Scum, whereas Eduren (who may be a town Priest who accidentally raised a zombie), is 100%? What are these percents based on, aside from whatever numbers you arbitrarily decided to slap on them?

Inconsistencies are a sign of poorly-crafted lies, my friend.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2010, 12:33:04 pm »

I'm not sure Janus.

Solifuge is trying to make me say something different, I've already said what I said.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2010, 08:18:25 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Eduren: ToonyMan
Jokerman-EXE: Eduren
Toaster: Archangel
ToonyMan: IronyOwl, JanusTwoFace, Jokerman-EXE, Lonewolf I, Solifuge, Toaster

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29