Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Criminal RTD Turn 13: A man left behind.  (Read 17249 times)

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Criminal RTD Turn 13: A man left behind.
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:17 am »

The title says all. You and up to five other players have quit your jobs and turned to a life of crime, goal being to amass vast sums of cash. The setting is now, in a typical North American metropolis. The possibilities are limitless.

We'll be using a standard RTD ruleset; 1d6. No modifications.

Character sheet:

Name:
Appearance (clothes, etc):
Background:

I don't mean to be too limiting, but try to keep your backgrounds reasonable. No career killers yet! You'll get a trait from whatever your background is -- it could be something like 'Doctor' (+1 to medical rolls) or 'Firing Range Regular' (+1 to shooting rolls). Feel free to actually add in some flavor too, if you want.

Player list:
1. Cyrus Wolfe (maxicaxi)
2. Dan McCoy (Flintus10)
3. Henry Dezrick (Grakelin)
4. Looie (Realmfighter)
5. Rolf Gramerie (wolfchild)
6. Howard Finley (Dervin)
7. Johnny Bison (rawr359)
8. Alexander Erikson (Jack A T)
9. Mark Jenner (Zako)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:28:22 am by Quarr »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [sign-ups] 0/6
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:14:10 am »

Name:Cyrus Wolfe
Appearance (clothes, etc):He has almond-shaped black eyes that are like two cups of black coffee. His fine, curly, brown hair is very long and is worn in a complex style. He is short and has a broad-shouldered build. His skin is deeply-tanned. He has small feet. He is wearing Completely Ordinary Mechanics Clothestm
Background:mechanic
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:54 am »

Name: Dan McCoy
Appearance (clothes, etc): Dan wears a Fedora and shades and is always seen wearing a fine suit. His hair is short and dark brown. He stands at over 6 ft tall and is quite lean.
Background: A fast talking grifter, Dan has spent most of his youth trying to scam others out of their wealth and has is very good at what he does. Now a 25 year old man he is extremely capable at cheating and quick talking. He prefers to keep his hands clean and have others do dirty work but he has used a pistol before.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:33:36 am »

Name: Henry Dezrick
Appearance: A man standing at 5'11 with brown hair and blue eyes. His brow is furled, his jaw is set. He is a man of seemingly stoic nature.
Background: Mr. Dezrick was a high school math teacher before he lost his job during budget cutbacks. Who cuts back on teachers, anyways? Bastards.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:42:32 am »

Name: Looie
Appearance: Wears a cape. No one really notices anything else.
Background: A SUPERHERO who turned to crime after being SHOT repeatedly.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:45:19 am »

Name: Rolf Gramerie
Appearance: plain loose clothing, brown hair and steel grey eyes
Background: Was a martial arts instructor and a casual MTG player
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 01:04:50 am »

This filled up pretty fast. Turn 0 coming in like an hour, maybe less.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [turn 0 soon] 5/6
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 01:56:56 am »

Turn 0.

The five of you sit around a table, cards haphazardly splayed across the surface. A single incandescent bulb hangs from the ceiling. Five would-be criminals exchange glances. They all have their reasons for meeting; be it revenge, lust for power, perhaps even boredom. Some were betrayed by the very world they once tried to change. There was no turning back at this point.

Dan McCoy is the one to break the stifling silence.
"Enough of this stupid card game. We need to get down to business. What do we have? Any guns?"
"I have a car," says Dezrick. "No weapons."
"My mom has a pretty spacious basement," says Rolf, "But we should probably only use it as a last resort."
"Anything else? What about cash?"
"We've scrounged up what we could, but it isn't much. About $400 each."
"Less than I hoped. Making more money should come first. The convenience store around the corner probably only keeps a couple hundred in its register."

"We could steal an ATM from somewhere, pry it open, take the money... bet it'd have at least a couple thou'."
"What, seriously? That's fucking stupid."

"Hey, why don't we just hit a bank or something? With the five of us, I bet we could get in and out in a few minutes. We'd make 10 or 20 thousand, no sweat."

What will you do?

Spoiler: Group possessions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Rolf Gramerie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Looie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Henry Dezrick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dan McCoy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cyrus Wolfe (click to show/hide)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [turn 0, post your actions] 5/6
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:44 am »

I say we go hit a scrap yard, we can get some material so that i can make stuff we need. you know stuff like guns, equipment etcetera etceteraand giant orbital Death lasers
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:27:38 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:01 am »

Rob a bank before Max blows us all to hell
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:02 am »

"We should start small, a bank will likely have security, i suggest we get disguises and hit the convenience store after hours"

Vote for my suggestion, follow through with what the group finaly votes for
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:29:44 am »

I will be the last man!
Name: Howard Finley
Appearance: A tall dark haired man in a t-shirt, a pair of jeans and combat boots.
Background: A war vet that turned to a life of crime when he couldn't pay the bills.

I guess my first action would be to join up with them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [turn 0, post your actions]
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 02:34:57 am »

"I was just going to suggest the same thing myself, Rolf. I say we do it. I can be the driver, and you four can break in. Any of you got any safe cracking experience? Rolf, you're a mechanic, what do you think?"
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [turn 0, post your actions]
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 02:37:42 am »

OOC: im the martial artist grak, maxi is the mechanic

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Criminal RTD [turn 0, waiting on Flintus10]
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:01:17 am »

Sorry I had training.

"Rolf is right we gotta play this smart. I don't fancy getting my brains blown out armed with only a shitty old car. We should probably split up into smaller groups as there is little point in hitting small places with six of us." ((OOC: Of course if you want us to stay together you can disregard that))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13