Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498718 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1425 on: April 21, 2011, 09:59:11 am »

Attention!

STOP DODGING INTO RIVER!

Urist McOverseer cancels berserk: writing bug report 4550.

Quote from: Reason!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 21, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »

To the little tunnel rodents who have not yet been kidnapped:

When you see the pervert with the bag over his shoulder, run away from him, towards the fortress.  Not the other way around.

If you show up in a couple years in an ambush, I'll cut you down just like the others, you useless little nitwits.

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 21, 2011, 07:21:13 pm »

Dear Urist,

Glad as I am that you survived your encounter with that hellfire imp the proper course of action is to find water to extinguish yourself, not to suddenly become thirsty and drink directly from the main booze stockpile. Your surviving companions are having to build scaffolding to get !!Urist Eyeball!! off of the roof of the building next to you, so it's your own damn fault that you scattered your own remains and came back as a haunt.

Your unexpectedly flaming overseer.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 21, 2011, 08:22:16 pm »

When you see the pervert with the bag over his shoulder, run away from him, towards the fortress.  Not the other way around.

If you show up in a couple years in an ambush, I'll cut you down just like the others, you useless little nitwits.

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer
Kids. It's why we have math.

One Candy Serrated disk hits three times. One fully loaded trap has 10 weapons. Ten times three is thirty. My hall is 15 tiles long. Fifteen times thirty is Four-hundred and fifty. So that is four-hundred and fifty hits.

This is why we made !!Math!!. It's a !!Fun!!damental part of !!Science!!

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:39 pm »

Dear Urist McHunter.

Please stop killing the albatrosses, or sudden and immediate vengeance is sure to come upon our fort and kill us all in some kind of hellish, albatross-plotted way. Also, it creates blood piles everywhere. Also also, who is going to eat that anyway?? Eww...

Signed,

Your panicking overseer

(details here...)
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 22, 2011, 04:35:14 am »

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer

One Candy Serrated disk hits three times. One fully loaded trap has 10 weapons. Ten times three is thirty. My hall is 15 tiles long. Fifteen times thirty is Four-hundred and fifty. So that is four-hundred and fifty hits.

Fifteen times ten is one-hundred and fifty. One-hundred and fifty candy blocks raise the odds for Fun to about... A lot more than it would be otherwise.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 22, 2011, 12:04:51 pm »

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer

Fifteen times ten is one-hundred and fifty. One-hundred and fifty candy blocks raise the odds for Fun to about... A lot more than it would be otherwise.

There are ways, tough very exploiting ways, that allow you to mine only one tile of candy and still get as much blue stuff as you want.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 22, 2011, 12:06:53 pm »

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer

There are ways, tough very exploiting ways, that allow you to mine only one tile of candy and still get as much blue stuff as you want.
how exactly?
I just need this for one joke fort that's been living for over 30 years...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 22, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »

dear urist mcweaponsmith

...rosegold? really man? you were SURROUNDED by steel, silver, iron, pig iron and copper, and what you chose, was rose gold.

now, im not saying that im not happy with the rose gold mace you made...even though we dont currently have a macedwarf in the fort, but really man? you couldnt have picked a better metal?

now before you start making excuses that a demon or ghost possessed you, i call bullshit, i think your just trying to screw with the first macedwarf we get by making me equip him with a pretty purple mace

signed

mildly annoyed oversear.
I'm fairly sure rosegold is better than everything else you listed except maybe steel. The fact that it's a mace and not a hammer sucks, but it's a good weapon.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 22, 2011, 12:11:47 pm »

Yrs Annoyedly,
Omniscient Overseer

how exactly?
I just need this for one joke fort that's been living for over 30 years...

Never actually tried that myself, but I have heard it often enough.
One candy bar can be crafted into 25 bolts, every single bolt can be melted for 0.1 or so candy bars.

So if you craft bolts, and melt them again you have turned 1 candy bar into 2.5 bars.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 22, 2011, 12:15:15 pm »

oh, so nothing new :D
but thanks anyway ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 22, 2011, 12:22:47 pm »

Dear Urist Mcweaponsmith,

I much appreciate your efforts to assault the siege that attacked us, you could have let them walk into the dozens spinning blades but no, you're a rare breed.

Specifically you're the kind of breed that gets hit once in the guts with a hammer, and gets hurled back inside the fortress by the force of the blow. Honestly if you hadn't taken that gut shot and collided with the far wall you'd be dead right now. You're covered in the guts and blood of the aggressors that got sprayed on you from the weapon traps, and you haven't moved in awhile. Get well soon so you can make more of those serrated blades.

Your rather relieved overseer
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 22, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »

To ASSoridic McASSble

No, fuck you, we don't have any "Tentacle Demon" cabinets here, or any "Tentacle Demon" material for the matter

From
Anal-gesic. Fortress Bookkeeper

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »

Find HFS. Send noble there to find said material.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 22, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »

To Military of Tallfires

Subject: The current combat situation.

See that single, non elite swordsgoblin in the copper armor with a mithril sword?  That sword is tearing through your armor like butter.  Stop beating on that half dead unarmed goblin and KILL HER! She is tearing the squads apart by herself and nobody is attacking her!  She is a DPS!  You are attacking a tank!  Kill the damn DPS THEN kill the tank.  Her armor is practically paper,  The armor of the one yer hitting is GCS silk over mithril plate!  Sure you are breaking bones, but yer not actually cutting any flesh through that heavy duty silk.  How many ways do I need to put this? For fucks sake KILL HER!

The Administration

P.S.
The Swordsman bites The Goblin Swordsman in the throat, bruising it through the ({small troll fur cloak})!
The Swordsman latches on firmly!
The Swordsman shakes The Goblin Swordsman around by the throat, tearing apart the throat!
A major artery in the throat has been opened by the attack!
Unorthodox but effective.  Thank you for the response.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:19:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 504