Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498682 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2475 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:14 pm »

Dear Grytorm,

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?

-Urist
Dear -Urist
The same thing as every other dwarf. We're a mad, maaaad race of xenophobic, nihilistic, selfish pricks. The better question is, what isn't wrong with you, to think that this was unacceptable?

- Urist mcCorpsehaulerthatfoundyourletter

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 14, 2011, 02:59:33 am »

Dear Indestructible Soldier,

There are three goblin macemen attacking you. They've been attacking you for weeks. Why the hell do I have to wait for you to die of thirst before this siege will end?

-penguinofhonor

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 15, 2011, 03:43:25 am »

Dear penguinofhonor,

'Cause ye're supposed te be rescuin' me, ye numbskull!

-Indestructible Soldier
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 15, 2011, 06:58:56 am »

Dear Urist McJuniorMason

Do you see that zone around the magma oubliette? Yes, the one marked garbage. "Garbage" not "Meeting Hall". And inactive anyway. So why for Armok's sake are you hanging around there while on break? And you have the cheek to complain about the smell!

Your bemused and frustrated fortress overlord.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 15, 2011, 07:09:31 am »

do you see the small mining area i gave you? why do you still insist on burrowing through the middel and then haphazardly mining randon blocks in any location? i know a 3x3 area is very effective, but as soon as its 7x7, you run up and down, hacking at a spot here, poking a new spot somewhere away.... why dont you just mine the next closest piece noone else is mining?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 15, 2011, 09:58:43 am »

Dear Urist McKickass,

You were already a level 14 butcher.  I already loved and needed you.  Then you noticed my attempts to train up a blacksmith on random junk so we could have nice, masterwork gold statues for the base.  You then decided that was the job for you and went into a mood to build me an artifact iron door, thus launching yourself to legendary blacksmith status.  Thank you so much.  The engravers have finished lining your new expanded room with mostly masterwork engravings.  I'm buying some of your favorite materials to make you nice things out of.

Thanks again,
Your pleasantly surprised overlord.

Dear Iton

I would like to inform you that my foray into a variety of other industries is a well planned maneuver to ensure my survival. With time I hope to replace everybody inside this fortress and be the only one around. Then you won't have any choice but to keep me alive. Also, it means I get all of the *(*pigtail fiber socks*)*.

Sincerely UristMcKickass
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:07 am »

do you see the small mining area i gave you? why do you still insist on burrowing through the middel and then haphazardly mining randon blocks in any location? i know a 3x3 area is very effective, but as soon as its 7x7, you run up and down, hacking at a spot here, poking a new spot somewhere away.... why dont you just mine the next closest piece noone else is mining?

Dear Garath

It gives a pleasing symmetry while I work, why else? And exercise, which is important for any healthy dwarf to have. if you want me to work one tile at a time, why not only tell me one at a time? or at least only have them in rows...

Urist Mcoverlyelaborateminer

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 16, 2011, 08:35:43 am »

Here is a immigration form, mandatory for all unsure arrivals useless migrants to the fortress:
1. What skills do you bring to the mountain home? Explain...
2. What do you plan to achieve here? Explain...
3. Do you feel you will be happy here? Y/N
4. Are you willing to live your life here in a small 1*1 room with just a bed and having to subside on a diet of plump helmets and plump helmet wine? Y/N
5. Are you willing to spend your entire life creating rock mugs and plump helmet biscuits until you die alone and unremembered in some dark mineshaft? Y/N
6. Are you willing to forage for mushrooms and webs in a dark cavern filled with twisted abominations of the deep and horrors unremembered by the aeons past? Y/N
7. Are you willing to work next an open chasm leading into the fiery depths of the earth, and having to constantly be running up and down a flight of steps with chunks of heavy rock? Y/N

If you answered no to questions 3 to 7, then congratulations! You are now a member of the armed forces of the mountainhome! Don your metal armor and report to the training area, where you will be locked in for a week and beaten by wooden spears until unconscious!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:43 am »

Here is a immigration form, mandatory for all unsure arrivals useless migrants to the fortress:
1. What skills do you bring to the mountain home? Explain...
2. What do you plan to achieve here? Explain...
3. Do you feel you will be happy here? Y/N
4. Are you willing to live your life here in a small 1*1 room with just a bed and having to subside on a diet of plump helmets and plump helmet wine? Y/N
5. Are you willing to spend your entire life creating rock mugs and plump helmet biscuits until you die alone and unremembered in some dark mineshaft? Y/N
6. Are you willing to forage for mushrooms and webs in a dark cavern filled with twisted abominations of the deep and horrors unremembered by the aeons past? Y/N
7. Are you willing to work next an open chasm leading into the fiery depths of the earth, and having to constantly be running up and down a flight of steps with chunks of heavy rock? Y/N

If you answered no to questions 3 to 7, then congratulations! You are now a member of the armed forces of the mountainhome! Don your metal armor and report to the training area, where you will be locked in for a week and beaten by wooden spears until unconscious!

Your fortress has attracted no migrants this season
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:30 am »

I did what you wanted! I made a nice burrow encompass the whole inside of the fort, and all working space, all but the outside surface and the trap corridor.

SO

why did you still go outside! i forbid every item i could find outside, canceled every job.... WHY

ok, YOU escaped unharmed, but next time? who's next, will he be agile like you?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2485 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:07 pm »

I did what you wanted! I made a nice burrow encompass the whole inside of the fort, and all working space, all but the outside surface and the trap corridor.

SO

why did you still go outside! i forbid every item i could find outside, canceled every job.... WHY

That wasn't a dwarf, that was a badger.

In fact, every migrant has been a badger wearing a mask. You now have 200 adamantine clad badgers in the heart of your fortress.

Gg.

Xenogenic

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you will find the magma leak eventually.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 17, 2011, 08:52:36 am »

SO

Dear Gareth,

Try linking this burrow to a civilian alert, and activating it on the military screen. All of use badgers will then run inside.

Yours,

Adamantine Clad Badger Corp
Dwarven Safety is kind of like a gun in a kindergarten. every single toddler wants to play with it and they will put elaborate plans in motion to get their hands on it. A hundred tiny hands grasping for death and crawling all over you begging for it.

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 17, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »

Dear Urist McArchitect,

You're an idiot. As if losing the materials you needed wasn't bad enough, you just had to lose them right next to the building you were supposed to use them for.

Seriously considering giving your job to someone else,
Calico

Dear Urist McFurnaceoperator

When I want a metalsmith forge to be built, you need to build the forge. We have more than enough steel bars from the creation forge (yeah, I'm using that, so sue me); stop making them. And don't go on break after you're done with the steel bars.

Get your job priorities straight,
Calico
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:16:58 pm by calico103 »
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:05 pm »

Dear starting seven dwarves, and Urist McPlanter in particular,

What the fuck are you guys doing? Only about three dwarves are occupied right now and those are the ones deforesting the map, digging a ditch, and building bridges.

So why, oh why, are the plump helmets rotting in the just-plowed fields?

If you guys starve and die this early on THEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN GETTING A DAMNED SLAB.

Sincerely,

je ne sais quoi
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »

Dear Urist McTrader,

I hope you're happy. The merchant party has left, and you spent the whole time updating our stockpile records. I hope you like the position of Peasant, because that's what you are now. You have been replaced with Urist McItookyourjobhaha.

Get out of that office and get a life,
Calico

P.S.: Well, you took that rather well, considering you're now romantically involved with McItookyourjobhaha. However, he needs room to concentrate. Get out of his office.
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 504