Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2037365 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9420 on: January 10, 2016, 02:11:11 am »

that's some standard shit for dunmer though

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: January 10, 2016, 03:40:53 am »

Well, I took Provence from a week HRE, and now to begin the slow process of dejure drift so I have my lovely kingdom permanent.
Sounds good.
Then I get to deal with destroying Aquitaine,
Needlessly vindictive, but okay.
conquering half of Italy, and forming a proper empire.
That's just groß, man.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: January 11, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »

UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

WHY THE FUCK DID I THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GO REPUBLIC AGAIN?

ACTUALLY NEVERMIND THAT, MORE IMPORTANTLY

WHY DO I KEEP THINKING ITS A GOOD IDEA TO PLAY CRUSADER KINGS?

Seriously, I KEEP ON TRYING to play this, so that I can actually y'know USE THAT GODDAMN CONVERTER I BOUGHT and moreover play EUIV in GENERAL but I JUST. CANNOT. DO IT.

I mean any time I manage any *ANY* tiny sliver of progress or achievement in this it RIPS IT AWAY within a generation.
And CK2 isn't content to just take my things away from me, oh no it has to fucking stomp all over them afterword and make me watch it ruin everything I built.

"Oh you made the Empire of Scandinavia? WELL NOW THIS GUYS IN CHARGE AND OOPS, LOOKS LIKE HE GAVE NOREGR INDEPENDENCE TO MAKE THE MAP ALL SHITTY AGAIN."
"Oh and you reformed the norse faith to make the Fylkirate? WELL THAT GUY IS REVOKING ALL YOUR KINSMEN'S SHIT AND GIVING IT TO HIS ROMUVA BUDDIES TO MAKE YOUR MORAL AUTHORITY GO FROM 100 TO 30 AND YOU CAN'T DO SHIT ABOUT IT BITCH"

Ugh.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9423 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:47 pm »

EU4 is about GROW GROW GROW GROW
CK2 is about the cycle of (mis)fortune

Fortune lifts from the head of a King his crown and places it on the head of another
It's ok though, just convert to EU4 and destroy all the multiple Norways, shouldn't take too long

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: January 11, 2016, 11:46:21 pm »

EU4 is about GROW GROW GROW GROW
CK2 is about the cycle of (mis)fortune

Fortune lifts from the head of a King his crown and places it on the head of another
It's ok though, just convert to EU4 and destroy all the multiple Norways, shouldn't take too long
BUT I'M AUTISTIC AND CAN'T CONVERT UNTIL I PLAY ALL THE WAY FROM CHARLEMAGNE START TO THE END AHHHHHHH

I mean its not like I dislike the game, it just FRUSTRATES THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF ME.
Its not even "about the cycle of (mis)fortune" its about "don't get attached to anything, ever" and I just CANNOT play that way, but playing non-ironman with cheats just turns into ALL THE CHEATS and doesn't feel satisfying.

AND THEN I LOOK AT YOU, LOUD WHISPERS and YOU don't have to put up with this, Mr. Miroslav Empire(s), YOU set out to do something and it just fucking happens, AND IT IS SO GODDAMN MADDENING.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:29 am »

git gud

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:21 am »

Most of my late-game was about making sure the Ilimensky's stayed in power.

You could also play the dynastic game, in which case you can't really suffer the same cycle of misfortune, since you don't ctually own half the stuff your family does. Then you're at the whim of your brothers AI though, so kind of a trade-off.

My advice is to make a solid border, then sit on it once it's too big to properly administrate. And once you own 5-6 kingdoms and have a empire title, give those kingdoms to kings. Make sure your vassals have enough peers to keep them busy for a long while.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: January 12, 2016, 06:01:54 am »

Jewish Magyar Horde. Ate from 3 provinces into Khazaria from the west to Middle francia in the East and then Byzantium to the south. Tributaried the Abbasids and tributaried Lombardy (who had tributaried newly united defacto France). The death of my 2or3 character ended my run as a horde because I became my patrician brother. 55 vassals out of 35. Yeah probably gonna jump ship to another character now.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:36 am »

Conclave Dev Diary #1

"...... So, my first and foremost intention with Conclave was to increase the challenge of the mid-to-late game. This was the general plan of action:

- Reduce the “positive opinion inflation” of vassals vs their liege. (We ended up cutting many important positive opinion modifiers in half.)
- Highlight the most powerful vassals by making them strongly desire a Council seat.
- Give the Council more power without reducing player agency. (You are free to disregard the Council’s suggestions, but this will have ramifications on Factions. More on this later...)
- Introduce Infamy and Coalitions against aggressively expanding Realms.
- Improve the alliance mechanic to make it a more intentional choice. (A royal marriage is now simply a non-aggression pact. Alliance is the second step, but still requires a marriage.)
- Improve the diplomatic AI in order to contain “blobs” (with the help of the above Alliance and Coalition systems.)
- Bring the military AI to a whole new level.
- Make it harder to quickly win wars through one or two major engagements. (Hence, we reduced the bloodiness of battles overall, introduced “shattered retreats” and made armies reinforce in friendly territory.)"

They needed 3 years to realize that their AI [diplo/military/whatever] is weak? I hope that they manage to improve it for this expansion, even tho "bring it to a whole new level" sounds like an overstatement, but let's wait and see.

Heh, perhaps they hired a pro AI coder this time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: January 12, 2016, 11:48:38 am »

My guess is that they knew it was weak, but considered it to be not as important as other areas. I guess they ran out of these other areas.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: January 12, 2016, 11:56:30 am »

I swear they say they change the combat AI like every single patch.

Also I'm curious how this would be DLC. Don't they release most of the important balance changes for free? Then if you don't have this DLC do you not have any of this? I mean, how would the changes to all the opinions and all that work if you don't have access to the council and such?

Would you need the DLC to access coalitions (because I assume the AI will be able to use them against you.)?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: January 12, 2016, 12:02:20 pm »

Weren't the coalitions announced before the DLC? My guess is that they are patch content. I am thinking the DLC content is going to be the education and council revamps.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:36 pm »

I don't know. I suppose that the AI changes will be part of the free patch, but the coalition system? Isn't that "DLC only" like the the retinues in LoM [which has been mentioned in the post]? -> "Thus, the features of Conclave and the accompanying patch are a combination of internal and external measures to make blobbing harder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: January 12, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »

I don't know. I suppose that the AI changes will be part of the free patch, but the coalition system? Isn't that "DLC only" like the the retinues in LoM [which has been mentioned in the post]? -> "Thus, the features of Conclave and the accompanying patch are a combination of internal and external measures to make blobbing harder.

Maybe make blobbing the DLCs harder  :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9434 on: January 12, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »

BUT I'M AUTISTIC AND CAN'T CONVERT UNTIL I PLAY ALL THE WAY FROM CHARLEMAGNE START TO THE END AHHHHHHH
One thing I noted is that by the time that happens the save is usually too big to convert and you have to do some manual recreation, and especially with India/Arabia and so on where more provinces are added anyways

I mean its not like I dislike the game, it just FRUSTRATES THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF ME.
Its not even "about the cycle of (mis)fortune" its about "don't get attached to anything, ever" and I just CANNOT play that way, but playing non-ironman with cheats just turns into ALL THE CHEATS and doesn't feel satisfying.
AND THEN I LOOK AT YOU, LOUD WHISPERS and YOU don't have to put up with this, Mr. Miroslav Empire(s), YOU set out to do something and it just fucking happens, AND IT IS SO GODDAMN MADDENING.
Months of obsessive gameplay, I can never do it again xD
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1002