Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 908148 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2565 on: November 06, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »

I propose we name it FailHell, to keep with the Fail theme.

But the third fortress will not fail! It cannot!

Man, who am I kidding? It will fail gloriously and hilariously. And it will be !!FUN!!

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile

Okay. Now Failcannon has truly reached the peak of its awesome. They may have reclaimed Battlefailed, but I'd like to see them reclaim this.

Anyway, I'd like a turn in the next fort.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile

Yes, the best part of dwarf fortress is that it lets you watch as your own fortress is destroyed completely.  :D
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." -John F. Kennedy

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even better is when you do it on purpose.

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile

Even better is when you do it on purpose.

YEEESS!! Even better! 8)

Can I be dorfed? I'd like a militaristic dwarf named "Tacobell," please.  :D
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." -John F. Kennedy

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

All dwarfs are claimed, and the fort will not stay running for much longer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Pick a corpse.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

A great crash was heard and the world shook.

The voices of hundred earth-bound souls raised up in unholy rage.

The Goddess of Death was struck the final blow and her darkness scattered through-out the remaining worlds.

Those alive saw as the world tore itself apart, a necessary sacrifice for the good of all.

No one would remember these brave souls, but the gods themselves.

The Rift was filled with life again and balance was restored.

Those who lived through it all took comfort in the dawn of a new day and age.

Years and years flow by like a river flowing from the mountains.

Today seven dwarves set out to live their dreams and build a new home.

As the mountain homes rejoiced in celebration of the building of a new fortress, one young dwarf stands and watches in amazement.

"I would like to someday settle a fort,"  the young lad said to his father.

"You will," the father replied.

"I can go with my friends," the little boy said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, yes. You and those little rascals are nearly inseparable."

"Robocorn can be our expedition leader. Samrek's father is a doctor, so by then he might be a doctor too." The little boy's eyes flashing in excitement. "Oglokoog is already good a digging holes, so he can be our miner. Heyguys can make stuff for us to sell. Urist the Blue is already a good fighter and can be our military commander. And Krimson can be our seventh!"

"And Andreus," he father asked, "what would be your job?"

"Well..." the boy begins with a thoughtful look, but trails off as he sees a strange dwarf boy looking at him curiously.

"Hello Andreus," the dwarf says to the boy. "I am so glad to meet you."

Andreus looks at the other boy and doesn't recognize him at all. Adreus's father walks away and lets the children talk.

"A new dawn has begun Andreus, " the other boy said quietly. "One you helped bring along. Dusk is gone, twilight has ended and soon my strength shall wain as dawn gives in to day. You have a gifted soul young dwarf. You are destined for greatness, but let me give you a warning. Greatness will come to you, but do not let your ambition run wild s it once did. You are free of the sins you committed and are no longer bound to that fate. You and the rest of the souls you touched were given a second chance in this bright new day. Don't waste it."

With that the other boy walked into the crowd and left Adreus there to puzzle out what was said. The words meant nothing to little Adreus now, but with time the young child will understand. Then Adreus ran into the crowd to find his friends and talk about the adventure of starting a fortress. Before long the seven children built up a play fort from left over boulders. They played for days in the small play fort and occasionally slept in the little fort at night. Many imaginative adventures were had, jokes were told and songs were sung. Over the little fort's door hung a small wooden sign. On the sign written in dimple cup blue were the words, "Battelfeiled: Bewaar all dorfs hoo enter here!"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:27:48 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

BRAVO, BRAVO!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BRAVO, BRAVO!

EDIT: Taking a look at the save, the fortress is being flooded! And FBs have a path to the surface (flying ones at least)

EDIT 2: anyone wants to play it unil it dies?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:05:20 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you earned that right. You'll also be given the first turn on Fail The Third, if you so please.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

The mighty fortress last moments need chronicaling. It is a right of passage for all mature fortress'es.

hope to get in a turn at the next one, but document this ones end first :)
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you earned that right. You'll also be given the first turn on Fail The Third, if you so please.

Very well then. May not be able to do it today, since I'll be playing D&D later on.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2578 on: November 06, 2011, 05:15:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:o This is the most awesome dwarfy chain-reaction ever.

EDIT: Plus, this is also the first fortress I read about to choose death by ghosts so it is a very unique ending to a fort fro my POV.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:20:39 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For all interested musicians:

I'm not a visual artist. 5-year-olds consistently out-draw me. But, I want to contribute some sort of art to Battlefailed/Failcannon. So, I'm working on composing a multi-movement piece called Ode to Aluorna. If it doesn't end up being total shit (which it probably will), I may try an internet musical experiment, with people recording themselves playing their part for a song and sending it to me. I will mix them all together and do editing to make sure stuff lines up and blends together.

Part list (subject to change at my whim, numbers in parentheses indicate multiple parts for that instrument):

Flute (1, 2)
Bb Clarinet (1, 2, 3)
Bb Bass Clarinet
Alto Saxophone
Tenor Saxophone
Baritone Saxophone
Bb Trumpet (1, 2, 3)
F Horn (1, 2, 3, 4)
Tenor Trombone (1, 2)
Euphonium Bass Clef (1, 2)
Tuba
Electric Guitar (Lead, Rhythm)
Various Percussion (not sure which yet, but probably at least snare, bass, and drum set)

If there's enough interest for this and I decide to go through with it, I'll make a separate thread.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 189