Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115189 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:51 pm »

I wonder what all this says about us Bay12vers.
Nothing that hasn't been said before.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2010, 11:22:37 pm »

250 posts...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2010, 11:24:59 pm »

THE THREAD MONSTER! IT GROWS!
Hello Hunam

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2010, 11:28:44 pm »

Like how every single one of us is absolutely and completely apeshit?

Anyhoo, I think I'm going to play this game as a man who compulsively breaks into people's homes while they're still there. Just sounds fun to me to explore. And, assuming that the criminals in the game can be serial killers, maybe go into a basement and find a bunch of corpses and HOLY FUCK HE'S BEHIN-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2010, 11:29:33 pm »

Even if this turns out to expand and have more options to do than simply...killing people serially, the name is great. Serial Killer roguelike. Pretty much summarizes the entire foundational concept, and plus, a little bit of controversy sometimes brings more of the spotlight. I'm puzzled by why the forum it was first posted on didn't have as much interest. I instantly went <3 when I saw the video.

There's another topic about it here, on this random forum that popped up when I googled. http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48350

I suppose the reason why there's so much interest in that game with us is because we B12ers are simply brilliant, wonderful individuals.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2010, 11:29:54 pm »

Anyhoo, I think I'm going to play this game as a man who compulsively breaks into people's homes while they're still there. Just sounds fun to me to explore. And, assuming that the criminals in the game can be serial killers, maybe go into a basement and find a bunch of corpses and HOLY FUCK HE'S BEHIN-

I'd wear a mask, jump through people's windows, and run away. I like being a nuisance.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:47 pm »

Then the police gun you down when you pull your pants down.
Hello Hunam

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

Only if it's a C++ world.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2010, 11:34:15 pm »

I guess strangling someone and burning the fuck out of his house might be able to destroy any evidence (I'm no CSI, so don't look at me)

How would the game mechanics recognize murder instead of an accidental fire?

Well, real life cops / fire investigators analyze the scene for accelerants. Additionally, there should be enough remains to identify trauma to bones and so on. Have you seen "Bones"?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2010, 11:35:21 pm »

I'd wear a mask, jump through people's windows, and run away. I like being a nuisance.

Preferred target: People who fight back when I break into their house and make a sandwich.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2010, 11:37:40 pm »

The sandwich murderer has struck again...
Hello Hunam

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2010, 11:37:54 pm »

Can this thread hit 1,000 posts before it even releases?

Well? Can it?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2010, 11:38:28 pm »

Challenge: See if you can take out an entire block of families, eat their food (or the victims), burn all the victims' houses down, in the buff (while wearing a ridiculous accessory getup), and have a convincing alibi for the police the day after.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »

Can this thread hit 1,000 posts before it even releases?

Well? Can it?
If the dev dosn't meet our demands for a buggy unfinished release now, yes.
Hello Hunam

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2010, 11:39:52 pm »

I suppose the reason why there's so much interest in that game with us is because we B12ers are simply brilliant, wonderful individuals completely insane would-be serial killers.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73