Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115222 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2010, 11:41:04 pm »

Which is why the dev should release this game real soon. Though my petty pleas for getting the game released unfinished and buggy version aside, that's quite accurate
Hello Hunam

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »

I suppose the reason why there's so much interest in that game with us is because we B12ers are simply brilliant, wonderful individuals completely insane would-be serial killers.
Actually, I would find myself more of an "execute the target in the most over-the-top manner possible; and get away with it" kind of person.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:27 pm »

I suppose the reason why there's so much interest in that game with us is because we B12ers are simply brilliant, wonderful individuals completely insane would-be serial killers.

I take offense to that, good sir. I am not a 'would-be serial killer.'
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:59 pm »

Actually, I would find myself more of an "execute the target in the most over-the-top manner possible".
Hmm... you must wait for someone to leave their house, then turn it into a Home Alone death trap while they're away.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2010, 11:44:21 pm »

Actually, I would find myself more of an "execute the target in the most over-the-top manner possible".
Hmm... you must wait for someone to leave their house, then turn it into a Home Alone death trap while they're away.
Okay, I'll wait for the victim to leave, and setup a silhouette show using all sorts of animatronics, and convince them a gang took over. Got it.

Actually, I think a Rube Goldberg death machine ought to be a more viable solution.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »

And better yet, find an NPC named Rube Goldberg and make a Rube Goldberg machine to kill Rube Goldberg and bury Rube Goldberg in a grave with a Rube Goldberg machine named Rube Goldberg!
Hello Hunam

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2010, 11:51:15 pm »

And better yet, find an NPC named Rube Goldberg and make a Rube Goldberg machine to kill Rube Goldberg and bury Rube Goldberg in a grave with a Rube Goldberg machine named Rube Goldberg!

Boom went my head.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2010, 11:53:35 pm »

Add zombies and this roguelike will be gold.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2010, 11:54:48 pm »

Actually if you add zombies it will be golden turd. Shaped like Rube Goldberg
Hello Hunam

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:02 pm »

Oddball idea:
OCD being a flaw of the character.

After stabbing target, and you walk away from the victim, unwillingly, your character returns to the victim and stabs again, and this repeats for a random amount of times before you can actually get away. Running away before the cops arrive will be a bit more challenging.

It wouldn't help either if you're trying to be stealthy and come into the victim's home, and you're opening and closing the door like mad too.

No offense to those who do have OCD; I just figured this could add a challenge to the game.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:35 pm »

No zombies.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2010, 11:56:47 pm »

No zombies.
There is NOTHING that cannot be improved with the addition of zombies.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2010, 11:56:58 pm »

Okay, I'll wait for the victim to leave, and setup a silhouette show using all sorts of animatronics, and convince them a gang took over. Got it.

Actually, I think a Rube Goldberg death machine ought to be a more viable solution.

If Itnet was a cockney:
Okay, I'll wait for the victim ter leave, right, and setup a silhouette show usin' all sorts of animatronics, and convince them a gang took over. Got it.

Actually, I fink a Rube Goldberg deaff machine ought ter be a more viable solution.

Or a Swedish Chef.
Ookey, I'll veeet fur zee feectim tu leefe-a, und setoop a seelhuooette-a shoo useeng ell surts ooff uneemetrunics, und cunfeence-a zeem a gung tuuk oofer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Gut it. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Ectooelly, I theenk a Roobe-a Guldberg deet mecheene-a ooooght tu be-a a mure-a feeeble-a sulooshun.

No real reason for this.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2010, 11:57:26 pm »

No zombies.
There is NOTHING that cannot be improved with the addition of zombies.
I was going to try to find something, but yeah, you're right.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2010, 12:03:49 am »

This thread is great  8)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73