Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114984 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #690 on: August 25, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »

No one's going to do a report on a roguelike.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 25, 2010, 09:01:06 pm »

Yeah, Mass Effect got an untold number of sales because of Fox's outright lies about it. Even these few smalltime articles will likely give Crimson King some more followers for when the game does come out. A serious news report? Bay 12 would explode with contraversy followers, as would Crimson King's project.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #692 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:26 pm »

I hop Fox News doesn't pick it up, every time they have a go at a game it makes my blood boil. I can't help it. And when someone is a guest to dispute their opinion, and pretty much explains what the game actually is, how it works etc, like that guy who spoke about the Mass Effect 'sex scene', he said it's a very minor point in the game, you don't see anything, and all the people at Fox News were like "LA LA LA WE CANT HEAR YOU".

Bloody trolls.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:31 pm »

That's funny that it got a mention. Wonder if that Examiner writer went digging around on Roguetemple, or if...

Oh hey, way more Google hits. When I first found it, there was like nothing about it at all. Not even the thread on Roguetemple. Now, this thread shows up, that other thread shows up, the Youtube video shows up, and SA has a forum thread on it too. Hmm.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:19 pm »

No one's going to do a report on a roguelike.

It'd be funny if they tried.

"Look at this GROTESQUE VIOLENCE!" and they cut to some footage that just looks like a bunch of random numbers and letters and colored blocks from a non-roguelike fan's perspective.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:39 pm »

Did anyone bring up this article yet? This work in progress roguelike is getting noticed.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/08/unsettling_roguelike_serial_ki.php

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 25, 2010, 09:05:11 pm »

Fox is made of trolls. It's almost always the main subject on the daily show because they're so fucking retarded, it's funny.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:48 pm »

Wait guys... what if this ends up... h-huge?

Haha, just kidding, @'s and red splotches.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 25, 2010, 09:07:40 pm »

Fox is made of trolls. It's almost always the main subject on the daily show because they're so fucking retarded, it's funny.

Jon Stewart's main target is intellectual dishonesty, so it's a given that he'd go after FOX most of the time. He's pretty even-handed for the most part.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »

I am surprised no one else suggested this.

For the stats, use a point-like system.  Having debilitating psychological traits gives you points that you can spend on stats.  More crazy?  More stats.

Of course, a screw around gamemode is still a must, haha.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 25, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Lots of people suggested that.
Shoes...

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 25, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »

Did anyone bring up this article yet? This work in progress roguelike is getting noticed.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/08/unsettling_roguelike_serial_ki.php

The dexter thing is something i've never heard of before. Ever. And look at the comments. They want the game.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:59 pm »

Lots of people suggested that.

Arg!  I skimmed, I admit.  This thread simply had too many pages to go through.  Sorry.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ryacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 25, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »

They want the game.
We all want the game.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 25, 2010, 09:57:10 pm »

I find it interesting that both reports mention (and the first emphasizes) that Crimson has preset characters, which I believe he said fairly early on after announcement that he was going to remove. I think it was in the original announcement thread (on my phone so I can't quote it directly :U).
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73