Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115207 times)

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #975 on: August 28, 2010, 11:49:28 am »

Looks like you guys had an effect on him:

"I've decided to cut back some of the features I was going to add to the alpha (mostly to do with the NPC's and their reactions) due to the overwhelming response that I've had. The game is a hot topic at the moment and it would be folly not to seize on that by getting a playable version out ASAP.

I'm going to fix the critical bugs, a basic save system (so you can send me bugged characters) and finish coding the new interactions that I've started on. It should take weeks rather than months."
sauce: http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=17dd6f3203b9b3820756909aa9a83026&topic=1298.msg8865#msg8865

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:54:53 am by Redd »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 28, 2010, 11:50:03 am »

Kickass, I'm so excited.

Anyway, Kulik.  What's uh, what's going on with the avatar?  That's pretty NSFW.
Shoes...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:20 am »

Kickass, I'm so excited.

Anyway, Kulik.  What's uh, what's going on with the avatar?  That's pretty NSFW.
I noticed.Pr0nz on Bay12?Blasphemy or awesome?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 28, 2010, 12:02:13 pm »

Kickass, I'm so excited.

No, just stupid.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 28, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »

And don't Toady and three-toe forbid even text references to sexual content?
Hello Hunam

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 28, 2010, 12:13:38 pm »

Buttocks. :|

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 28, 2010, 12:48:21 pm »

Kickass, I'm so excited.

It's sexy as FUCK!
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 28, 2010, 01:04:43 pm »

Kickass, I'm so excited.

Here's the full image

It's only really partial nudity, right?

EDIT: And they're not really having sex. Shame on all of you for correlating naked women with sexuality. Stop objectifying them, they're probably just nudists or something. And too poor to own more than one bed between them.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 28, 2010, 01:06:26 pm »

He didn't even bother resizing it for an avatar, he just put the image location in the avatar place. Right-clicking the avatar and selecting view image reveals this avatar laziness.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 28, 2010, 01:33:45 pm »

Third from the left looks like my brother's girlfriend.  That's weird.
Shoes...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 28, 2010, 02:00:38 pm »

CK, from RPS comments:

"I never claimed that this was going to be a point for point simulation of serial murder, or that the psychological traits would (or should) accurately mirror their real life counterparts in my game. It seems to me, based on the feedback I’ve received thus far, that most people want a degree of dark humor in the game. That’s what I’m going for. Apologies if you are expecting a hard core psychological simulation, but that simply won’t be the case. I should have clarified that fact in my last post.

In addition to the gruesome things that you can do, I want people, in game, to be doing all sorts of insanely campy things. I want them to cut off their own arms and attach hooks to them. I want them to see LP’s where they stalk and attack the same guy with a spoon countless times over (and at the worst of times) without being caught.

And keep in mind that it’s a project that began with no clear design goals (and I, initially, was not going to release it anyway), that I’m (obviously) not a professional game designer and that this is the first complex game that I have worked on! And yes, you are correct in that my initial focus has been on the combat. All I really wanted to do from the start was have a game with similar (but more descriptive) combat mechanics than DF, and that evolved into using the system for a game based on Dexter."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 28, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »

Third from the left looks like my brother's girlfriend.  That's weird.

I thought that was her.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 28, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »

Wait, what is this? From the Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/SKRoguelike:

"This game is a hoax. The purpose was to gather statistical information for a University project. We reviewed individual YouTube accounts, as well as the forum posting history of various users who expressed interest in the game, to determine if they are also avid players of other extremely violent games. We paid special attention to gamers who sent us PM's with extremely disturbing, sexually explicit content suggestions. There's a lot of you out there. We only needed the statistics of around 100 users, though we've ended up with much, much more than that due to how quickly the game has spread.

There is hope in that a quantitative portion of gamers were repulsed by the notion of simulating serial killers as player characters in a video game. Kudos to you if you fall in that category.

For future reference, two university students were responsible for this small experiment. We both took turns posting comments under the same name, using various proxy servers, in order to keep up initial momentum."

Yeah, if that's true, that's a huge hole poked in my bubble.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 28, 2010, 04:43:08 pm »

...unbeleveable. They used us for some stupid experiment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 28, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »

All I have to say is that if that's true my sides are going to hurt from laughter (they were already sore kinda from looking at some of these comments/ideas). Though seriously, even if it was a hoax, it's not like it'd be that hard for someone else to duplicate with the many roguelike frameworks.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73