Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM  (Read 42590 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2011, 02:45:41 am »

Ignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • What would Conan do?
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:17 pm »

I was especially clever yesterday and sent the Pangaea 2h file to the R'lyeh and vice versa.

Did I miss this turn? I resubmitted it correctly, but Llamaserver is being all coy about it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »

Fear not, you did not miss anything.
Just so you know, it doesn't matter what you put in the subject when sending your .2h files - it matters only for the pretender - as llamaserver scans the save for game ID, and allocates it correspondingly.
That said, if you have sent your saves yesterday, they never got there.
It might be either because you've made a mistake and sent it to an incorrect address, or because llamaserver is acting up again. Which is quite possible, mind you, as it was trying to mess with my postponing of the turn today.

ed: Pangea is still waiting for you, though.nevermind
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:52:01 pm by Il Palazzo »

Ignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • What would Conan do?
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »

I re-read the errors and it might have been the wrong turn number I sent. Dunno how I'd even manage that, but oh well. It likes the R'lyeh turn I've sent now so no worries.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2011, 06:47:58 pm »

Oh dear. I predict the next turn to be exciting!

(for me and Lorak, that is)

Indeed, very exciting.  My army decimated on the first turn of the battle.  :-/

I hate this game.  XD

Oh well, at least I kept open an escape route for my Queens.

Edit:  Flying units should really be immune to earthquake.  Not that that was the worst thing I was hit by, but still.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:53:51 pm by Lorak »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2011, 10:14:16 pm »

Flying units should really be immune to earthquake.

Sure they should...

At least on a featureless plane with nothing above ground level and as long as the units never have to land to do silly things like sleep. Course if you have buildings and trees and the units have to be on the ground or in said buildings for any amount of time then it makes sense. The ground starts shaking and over there a tree sways knocking a unit out of the sky, across the way a building has some bricks knocked loose that fall on some more units, in the camp itself a number of tents fall down causing the sleeping units to be injured, any unit that happens to be resting its wings also gets the same beating that any ground unit would. Least that's how I see it. If I was able to send earthquakes to plague my enemy's it would be at night anyway after all I have a whole month to choose from.

Edit: took me three edits just to figure out what I did wrong with my quote...    GRRR
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:19:27 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »

Well this was an in-combat earthquake spell, not a province event!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2011, 10:26:16 pm »

Do you want to code the pathing for this thing if you added random forest trees to the battlefield? especially because they would surely need to be dynamic in the way of catching fire and falling over or whatnot. Or how about buildings for a city fight?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure with the amount of damage they do, my Caelians just fly really high up in the air, and poop in the general direction of my enemies.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2011, 02:20:12 am »

I had this great plan in my mind, you know, where I strategically encircle your besieging force, then cast battle-wide-damage spells to rout your mundane troops, and then cackle with glee as your Queens of Thunder retreat into enemy territory and die.
Of course, I missed the point where castle-storming parties retreat simply back to their siege camp, which kind of destroyed the whole plan.
And besides, your Queen of Lakes, or whateverishername, prevented the encirclement anyway.
A supposedly war-changing strategic victory turned into just one of many battles. Duh.

Also, I begin to wonder if Terentius, the Harbinger I took from Disaster!, isn't in fact a triple-agent. He cast Arrow Fend only after my oracle had killed half of my mages with Rain of Stones.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2011, 09:35:37 am »

My retreaters  did all run into the province my Queen of Water kept clear.  Everything in your province now are units I moved there last turn.  If the Queen of Water wasn't there all my Queens of Air -would- have died.  =-x

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:00 am »

Oh, great. So the plan was sound, but the execution faulty.
I don't feel better now, at all.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2011, 10:03:22 am »

This just means you have to be more careful next time and you will quite likely succeed.

Edit: I was just playing the game and realized something, The Baobhan Sidhe of Tir na n'Og is an air mage assassin and when equipped with a Spirit Helmet will kill most captains the AI's field before they can even act.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:30:26 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Ignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • What would Conan do?
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2011, 07:49:24 pm »

I'm starting to think that it may have been wrong to choose a nation that I've never used before and fight a war against a nation that I mistook for another. I demand a rematch! Or an unconditional surrender. Either is good (I prefer the later)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2011, 10:54:38 pm »

Fine, your unconditional surrender to my nation is accepted.  Aren't you happy?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32