Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 49600 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2011, 04:23:02 pm »

What group?
7th Cavalry. Played some Domi with them and decided I liked their style.

They bailed on a schedualed and planned inter-community TVT due to a lack of players, even with weeks of lead-up time. Still they boast being the largest Arma group. Whatever you like there you'll find double at UO... except we have more players.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

You're confusing me Nikov, you're encouraging us not to play at UO but at the same time advertising it.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2011, 04:38:59 pm »

What group?
7th Cavalry. Played some Domi with them and decided I liked their style.

They bailed on a schedualed and planned inter-community TVT due to a lack of players, even with weeks of lead-up time. Still they boast being the largest Arma group. Whatever you like there you'll find double at UO... except we have more players.
Yes they have been having falling population due to attrition over time vs recruitment but I like the more organized structured group over what I've seen of UO.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

You're confusing me Nikov, you're encouraging us not to play at UO but at the same time advertising it.

Its a fantastic group to be with, and contains a lot of diverse national and political backgrounds, but free speech is valued over anyone's delicate sensibilities to the point where I suspect half you guys would be balled up in a corner weeping from a stern dressing-down from Zedic, our resident tobacco-chewing Canadian two-tour Afghanistan battalion commander's LAV gunner. He's a great guy when he isn't speculating on your mother's profession or telling you about the goat that got stuck by its neck through the roof of a minivan that hit an IED.

I suppose if you like people pulling rank on you both in game and out the 7th would be nice, but in UO there's no rank structure beyond pubbers, Regulars entitled to due process and empowered with TS banhammers and voting rights, and officers who get elected by Regulars to assume responsibilities like forum moderation or uploading files to the server. A pubber who volunteers to lead the mission gets the obedience of everyone below him on the chain, while in the 7th I think they have a rank prereq to command. Its more republican and less autocratic. I suppose you can take your pick.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2011, 06:38:21 pm »

I've played with a few of the 7th people before, seemed pretty decent and engaged. They're usually the ones talking over comms ingame the time.

That canadian you're talking about sounds fun :D

I might pop in on the server someday.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »

I'm not gonna play 'my clan is better than yours' bullshit games with you Nikov, I just prefer a more organized unit. Nobody's ever pulled rank in my experience and we've all been having a good time. Rank mostly serves as a sign of dedication to the group and experience more than anything.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

I've played with a few of the 7th people before, seemed pretty decent and engaged. They're usually the ones talking over comms ingame the time.

Mandatory TS3. I'm currently playing with them, hiding in a rock and waiting for the enemy to walk by. Kind of entertaining stuff. Oh, I hear someone. BRB.

Okay, back. I plinked five guys with an SKS and never had a round thrown back at me thanks to patience, patience, patience... and being 100 meters from the enemy watching them try to climb a rock I was keeping an eye on. Twenty very rewarding minutes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:48:22 pm by Nikov »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:05 am »

Mandatory TS3. I'm currently playing with them, hiding in a rock and waiting for the enemy to walk by. Kind of entertaining stuff. Oh, I hear someone. BRB.

Okay, back. I plinked five guys with an SKS and never had a round thrown back at me thanks to patience, patience, patience... and being 100 meters from the enemy watching them try to climb a rock I was keeping an eye on. Twenty very rewarding minutes.
Indeed, I almost always go infantry with some anti-tank for emergencies and crawl around out of sight.  Sure I can't reap destruction like the A-10s that everybody seems to clamor to get but a few well timed shots from a rifle are way more satisfying to me. And I don't have to worry about crashing into a mountain if the server lags suddenly.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2011, 02:21:40 am »

Oh yeah...
I'm actually looking forward to making a mission with a bit more of a bang now.
Since we'll have to work out a time to actually get online in order to do anything... (There's not enough people/room to just drop in and out whenever.)
If anyone has any ideas for my mission, post 'em. At this point, I'm willing to try almost anything. Novelty encouraged.
I was thinking of doing a relentless assault mission, where you constantly fight off loads of troops and tanks, but just setting up a fortification worthy enough is proving quite a challenge.

Also, how does everyone feel about marathon missions? I think we might have enough people here to put together 2 or 3 shifts for a 24 hour or more mission. I'd love to participate in one, personally.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2011, 03:32:04 am »

How computer-demanding is this game?
I'd play, but I dunno if my laptop could take it. :)
I could play the free trial of Warhammer Online alright, but that's about all I've tested.

Edit: Oh wait, this costs money anyway, doesn't it... :/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:35:19 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:47 am »

yes yoink, it costs money. It is also one of the most demanding computer games of the last 5 years, so I'm not sure if your laptop could handle it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2011, 10:13:49 am »

Oh yeah...
I'm actually looking forward to making a mission with a bit more of a bang now.
Since we'll have to work out a time to actually get online in order to do anything... (There's not enough people/room to just drop in and out whenever.)
If anyone has any ideas for my mission, post 'em. At this point, I'm willing to try almost anything. Novelty encouraged.
I was thinking of doing a relentless assault mission, where you constantly fight off loads of troops and tanks, but just setting up a fortification worthy enough is proving quite a challenge...

Devil's Castle.

CDF+USA defending small group of officers from OPFOR.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yalishandaw

• Bay Watcher
  • Thanks I could help, bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »

Just bought this(Combined Ops) on steam yesterday.  Would love to join in your reindeer games.  Especially Coop games, but I'm down for anything.
My avatar is Basil the Minotaur.  Go read Gunnerkrigg Court.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

Especially Coop games, but I'm down for anything.
You might want to get some Co-op experience before you move onto PVP, as it'll probably be quite unlike other games.

Though, it's great to see people trying the game. I hope that you'll love it as much as I do.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Yalishandaw

• Bay Watcher
  • Thanks I could help, bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »

I think it'd be nifty to have a mission where you start out with terrible weapons and raid weapons caches, convoys and corpses for better equipment.  I have way too much fun plinking with a lee-einfield or CZ 550.  Maybe the climax could be fighting you way to a well-guarded helo for extraction. 

My avatar is Basil the Minotaur.  Go read Gunnerkrigg Court.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38