Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50012 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:27 pm »

Is EST -5 from GMT? I don't get timezones
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »

Is EST -5 from GMT? I don't get timezones
Yes, that's what EST is.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »

Wow, looks like we'll have a good turn-out...*fingers crossed that Insight doesn't crap out

I went through a couple upgrades that should have fixed the previous stability issue from last night (VirtualBox not playing nice, mostly), so we should be rock-solid for tonight.

I was planning on playing the map co-op style, since that worked out well when Kael hosted.  It's also a good way to get your feet wet in Warfare mode, especially for the newer players, since there's a lot going on without throwing PvP into it.  I'm open to suggestions, though, and if anyone finds a mission online that they'd like to play, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get it up on the server.

And yes, 6PM is -5GMT, so 2300 for you folks across the pond.  Sorry if it's a bit late, but I only get off work at 5PM over here.  :P

Look forward to seeing everyone in a bit!

KG
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:21:23 pm by kg333 »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »

We're about to get up and going here, and we've got three people at the moment...come on and play!

KG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2011, 07:31:48 pm »

I completely lost track of time, i'll get on now if you guys are still playing
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:44 pm »

Joining, well trying, its stuck on "Receiving data" heh.

Edit: Googling finds out this is a known issue but no solid solutions. >.>
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:59:09 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »

Just logged off of a very long warfare match that involved the AI surviving multiple airstrikes, tank columns, and a nuke.  Fayrik, Simmura, and News are still going...

This went pretty well, and my computer handled running both a server and client ok, so I'll try to plan another one for next week.

KG

EDIT:  D:  How could I forget News?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:58:54 pm by kg333 »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2011, 11:55:03 pm »

Shame to bail out just ten minutes later really, but I reached the suspected site of their base (on the back of my covert ops motorcycle, naturally) and there was nothing there but half a squad of what I suspect to have been Spetz Natz.
And I have to say, the server didn't lag all that much, consdering it wasn't on a dedicated box, and I'm a rather long way away from it too.

Epic mission though. Can't believe I spent the whole night playing it. It covered everything too.... Well, would have done if I'd actually used the Laser Designator at all.
I think if we'd gone in as infantry and planned our ground attacks more, we could have died less, but we had them on the disadvantage the whole game so I don't think it panned out too badly.
Gotta say though, definitely looking forward to another game.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »

Just logged off of a very long warfare match that involved the AI surviving multiple airstrikes, tank columns, and a nuke.  Fayrik and Simmura are still going...

This went pretty well, and my computer handled running both a server and client ok, so I'll try to plan another one for next week.

KG
airstrikes, tank columns, and a nuke.  Fayrik and Simmura are still going...

This went pretty well, and my computer handled running both a server and client ok
a nuke.  Fayrik and Simmura are still going...

This went pretty
Fayrik and Simmura are still going...
Fayrik and Simmura

D:

Useless whining aside, I had fun. I didn't get to do much because everyone else was flying around in helicopters and jets, and I was Fast Traveling in either a M1A1 TUSK or a LAV-25.
And I don't think the nuke ever landed.
I hope you run this again some time, KG.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2011, 12:04:22 am »

D:

Useless whining aside, I had fun. I didn't get to do much because everyone else was flying around in helicopters and jets, and I was Fast Traveling in either a M1A1 TUSK or a LAV-25.
And I don't think the nuke ever landed.
I hope you run this again some time, KG.

D:  Whoops, sorry News, I blame my sleep-derp-rived brain.   I'll probably run more on the ground next time, actually, the TUSK is a beast against the enemy base.  And besides, I kept having accidentally victimizing Fayrik with the Huey's rockets...

I'll post up times for another game sometime soon.  It'll probably be another weeknight around 2300GMT, since I won't be able to host a weekend game for at least a few weeks.

Thanks all who showed up!

KG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2011, 12:32:58 am »

Is there any way to get higher FPS in this game? Lowest settings im still getting around 10ish FPS, is there any way I can atleast get it to 20?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:30 am »

Is your resolution for both set to 640x560 or whatever it is?
Lowering the resolution really helps.
Also, giving the process a high priority seems to add on a few FPS.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:47 am »

I couldn't even find your server, even when searching specifically for it.

Tried going online with other servers (because I figured hey, may as well try it) and I got into a couple matchs where there seemed to be no enemy's where we spawned on the carrier and the only way to the mainland was a chopper being flown by a douche who just constantly flew it into the sea.

Would help if I knew how to talk in that game (via typing). Been through the commands so many times, still can't seem to find the button. Pressing everything didn't work.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:43 am »

The chat button is /, or caps lock for voice chat.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2011, 12:43:45 pm »

Cheers, perhaps now i might actually be able to find a decent online game.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38