Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: If you were stranded on a desert island, which B12-ers would you take?  (Read 32223 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: If you were stranded on a desert island, which B12-ers would you take?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 09:34:39 pm »

Should we make a list of people and their relevant skills, and then put together a list of people based on the desired outcome of the island trip?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

Everyone seems to want to bring along Aqizzar, Nikov. Apart from those people who love hearing the sound of heated political discussion I think bringing either of you precludes the other.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »

See, my maths knowledge is superceded by Vector, and my engineering and science and programming stuffs is superceded by other forum peoples. And I run a 25:00 5k, can't bench 90 lbs., and don't have enough body mass to be considered for food.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 09:48:37 pm »

I'm not sure math and engineering knowledge would be all that useful on a desert island. Unless you needed to build a helicopter out of coconuts to fly off the island.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 09:53:55 pm »

Dammit, this gives me a reason to take Architecture next year.

Maths and stuff are useful later on. For example, in building optimized weaponry, in designing a pen for domesticated animals, etc. Really, though. I wouldn't build a helicopter out of coconuts. My tastes are more leaned towards mangos and airplanes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 09:56:09 pm »

And For all that is boxworth, Farming isn't just about food!

I should show you guys a picture of the "cubby house" I built as a nine-year old kid.
Or I would, except it's rotted and fallen down now. It was made entirely out of evergreen trees which we cut down with an axe, and then put together into a gigantic ass longhouse. With half-assed thatching on the roof and everything.
It wasn't exactly structurally stable, we were nine, but it was Big.
Took a few holidays, that's for sure.

So yes, I can build anything from a dog kennel to a shed to a house, depending on what tools are available.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 09:57:03 pm »

again, no one wants to take me.  :'(

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »

I will take Tail, Huesoe(?) and any of you other whiny bastards who want to die horribly on a desert island
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »

And For all that is boxworth, Farming isn't just about food!

I should show you guys a picture of the "cubby house" I built as a nine-year old kid.
Or I would, except it's rotted and fallen down now. It was made entirely out of evergreen trees which we cut down with an axe, and then put together into a gigantic ass longhouse. With half-assed thatching on the roof and everything.
It wasn't exactly structurally stable, we were nine, but it was Big.
Took a few holidays, that's for sure.

So yes, I can build anything from a dog kennel to a shed to a house, depending on what tools are available.

Lived on a horse farm for a year and a half before homelessness ensued. It's a hard life for a city slicker.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 10:10:46 pm »

Maths and stuff are useful later on. For example, in building optimized weaponry, in designing a pen for domesticated animals, etc.

What are you going to do with optimized weaponry, and wouldn't someone who just had some experience working with their hands be better at doing all of that anyway? I mean, what are you going to optimize about your weaponry, anyway? If you're stranded on a desert island, your weaponry is probably a pointy stick and some rocks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »

Yeah, but horses are nuts, man. They PSYCHO.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 10:13:03 pm »

Everyone seems to want to bring along Aqizzar, Nikov. Apart from those people who love hearing the sound of heated political discussion I think bringing either of you precludes the other.

I just said I'd have my rifle. I'd restrain my discussion with Aquizzar to very short retorts. One, maybe two at most.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 10:15:50 pm »

We should probably kill all the horses in the world. And then beam a message into space describing how we subjugated them and used them as slaves on our farms and in our wars, and then how when they had outlived their usefulness, we systematically exterminated every single one of them. And then wrap it all up with some thinly veiled threats.

Scare the shit out of those goddam aliens.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 10:16:54 pm »

I would take the people I hate.

I would need to go to the island several times.

No offence to most of you. I like most of you.

I just said I'd have my rifle. I'd restrain my discussion with Aquizzar to very short retorts. One, maybe two at most.

Retort is another name for the bang from a gun right?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:02 pm »

I.e. Aqizzar is a Texan Rifleman.

Plus a political mastermind.

Therefore, it's one of you or the other.

Aquizzar
ALSO, NO 'U'!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23