Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures?  (Read 77909 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures?
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:59 am »

All right, time for a big one.

I pretend to be clumsier than I am, let my stutter come out, and stumble over my words intentionally so that people will laugh at me and accept me as an absent-minded buffoon instead of treating me distantly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2011, 02:41:22 am »

McDonalds Mud Muffins.

I mean I don't like anything else about McDonalds, and see them as some what of an evil cooperation, and would never eat anything else there (*Raises subway fanboy flag*) but dam those muffins are sooooooooo good for small change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2011, 07:09:09 am »

Toast!

Aaaaand toast no longer looks like a word. Well done.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:07 am »

I kept my knee brace on longer than I had to after dislocating my knee because I loved all the sympathy I was getting from my classmates.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2011, 08:29:48 am »

I actually care about your people's opinions enough to put you all into the category of people who shouldn't find out my guilty pleasures.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2011, 08:33:01 am »

Don't worry Japa, we all know what your into, and yes, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Using apple products is a dirty habit.  :P

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2011, 12:09:48 pm »

Lets see, I turned 41 yesterday and still watch Anime.  Not too vocal about that with strangers!  lol  Also, I feel the same twinge of anxiety when I tell people that I read only Fantasy and Sci-Fi (well, about 90%) and still play D&D, among other games.  Lastly, since I live in texas, I dont have to feel worried about admitting I am a George Bush fan.  :P  he lives not far from me!
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:04 pm »

Don't be guilty, anime is the highest form of animation!
In fact, everyone who doesn't watch anime should be ashamed of themselves. Forever.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2011, 01:02:54 pm »

I pretend to be clumsier than I am, let my stutter come out, and stumble over my words intentionally so that people will laugh at me and accept me as an absent-minded buffoon instead of treating me distantly.
Umm, thats strange to me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2011, 01:05:02 pm »

I don't even have to try to achieve that. Works wonderfully.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2011, 01:18:47 pm »

... Okay?

What I realized is that when I tried to act all self-controlled and keep myself from making stupid little errors, people didn't like me much.  When I made myself seem easily excitable and absent-minded, suddenly I had a lot more friends... kind of weird, I guess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2011, 01:27:15 pm »

People like people that they compare favorably to.

Perhaps that is it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »

It's also a good way for dealing with people you don't like.

*gasp* Witty riposte out of nowhere!
Who would have tought he was capable of such a thing?

And then they spend a long time wondering, if it just was a lucky strike and how much you are really capable of.

Yeah I've spent a lot of time in a hostile environment.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2011, 01:32:25 pm »

... Okay?

What I realized is that when I tried to act all self-controlled and keep myself from making stupid little errors, people didn't like me much.  When I made myself seem easily excitable and absent-minded, suddenly I had a lot more friends... kind of weird, I guess.
So you adjusted yourself in order to make friends?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2011, 01:37:36 pm »

... Okay?

So you adjusted yourself in order to make friends?

Public mask, my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26