Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264]

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 284789 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3945 on: July 06, 2020, 10:41:31 am »

Yes it would seem it should be the opposite. I suppose he's been living with man-men so long he just makes the table him an shaped by and gives himself the feetsy danglies by default. Which is funny because if redgobb shrinks the chair to fit then he ends up macdonaldsing his legs so they're both sitting uncomfortable: durkon dangling off his and cloaky with his knees up under his chin

Also gods really are the worst partners. Here I am trying to communicate all they give you in return is a bunch of vague "signs" and coincidences. So passive aggressive.

Love, scriver~

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: July 06, 2020, 12:40:50 pm »

Also gods really are the worst partners. Here I am trying to communicate all they give you in return is a bunch of vague "signs" and coincidences. So passive aggressive.

Wait til they kill your kids for a bet and then do communicate with you... by saying "shut up, that's why."
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3947 on: July 06, 2020, 01:06:07 pm »

"God, are you there? It's me, Redcloak."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: July 06, 2020, 03:09:44 pm »

Well, Contact Other Plane is an arcane spell, so Redcloak cannot cast it. Commune might work, but it's only a one-word response per question, so that's hardly meaningful communication. Plus, most every other 5th-level Cleric spell is more useful.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:19 am »

Why didn't Durkon just mention he was a bit dead at the time he was talking to Thor?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: July 08, 2020, 10:29:33 am »

Why didn't Durkon just mention he was a bit dead at the time he was talking to Thor?

I think deities aren't, strictly speaking, supposed to go about reviving dead followers out of hand, right?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: July 08, 2020, 10:51:21 am »

I think deities aren't, strictly speaking, supposed to go about reviving dead followers out of hand, right?

Wasn't revived by Thor, but by the priests.  I was saying with the recent panel of 'my god never talked to me' from Redcloak, why Durkon didn't just mention 'I only spoke to Thor because I was dead at the time'.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Bandanaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: July 08, 2020, 02:05:03 pm »

Wasn't revived by Thor, but by the priests.  I was saying with the recent panel of 'my god never talked to me' from Redcloak, why Durkon didn't just mention 'I only spoke to Thor because I was dead at the time'.
Truly Resurrected by a cleric of Loki, to be precise.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: July 08, 2020, 03:58:03 pm »

Just normal Resurrection, not True Resurrection. The one character in the entire setting is known to be capable of casting True Resurrection is the High Priest of Odin - and maybe not even the current High Priest of Odin who's currently stuck at the Godsmoot. A True Resurrection would have been over-unkill anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264]