Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 168771 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #360 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

Oh that's creepy. If you hover over squares on the map it tells you what's there ("Citizen house", etc), but sometimes briefly it'll change to something like "They're all out to get you."
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 04, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »

The Sanitorium just dealt with it's first drama queen- he posted (in the workshop thread even though we have a suggestion thread) that we should test out the banishment feature and offered himself up as a guinea pig, and then, when I shot down the idea (and reminded him that that wasn't the place to post such things), he went on a spiel about how I was a horrible dictator, dumped all of his stuff in the bank, and stranded himself out in the desert.

He never actually got banished, so he dies2nite.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 04, 2010, 12:59:00 pm »

Oh hey, I saw him say he was going to do that in the Banishment world forums thread. I guess it didn't work out  :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 04, 2010, 01:02:24 pm »

Oh hey, I saw him say he was going to do that in the Banishment world forums thread. I guess it didn't work out  :-\

pacrat? No, not him.

Though it probably is him, since the one I'm talking about has the same name, but backwards.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 04, 2010, 01:29:07 pm »

Yeah think you are drunk all day if you drink any alcohol at all. You also have a hangover the next day that prevents you drinking more booze.

Hope after I Die (Whenever that is, might be tonight since we only have 16 defense and I have 5 def on my house) that I get into a town with some of yal. And if not I hope I get in a town with people who want to work together D:

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 04, 2010, 01:44:48 pm »

Got an invitation key from a beta key giveaway and now I'm a member of The Boiling Highlands.  The professions list had a whopping one job that I could take, lol.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:50 pm »

As soon as someone gets last man standing they should form a bay 12 coalition. Named something DFish like, "The Machines of Growling" or "The Bears of Crawling" or something.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »

It's been nice knowing you all; the Hot Laziness probably won't crumble tonight, but I'm sure it will go into chaos and then fall tomorrow.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 04, 2010, 01:53:14 pm »

Right, I'm in game with Cernunnos, in Desert of the Headless, anyone else there?

Hello there =)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 04, 2010, 02:15:08 pm »

It's been nice knowing you all; the Hot Laziness probably won't crumble tonight, but I'm sure it will go into chaos and then fall tomorrow.
Yeah, my wife's town meets a 100ish attack this night... Probably devs want to test how to balance attacks :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:39 pm »

Yeah, my wife's town meets a 100ish attack this night... Probably devs want to test how to balance attacks :D.

70-100 actually.

I'm currently trying to save her, since she got stuck outside due to losing an AP to the aether- the guy who has the AP drug just logged off without responding to my note, though, so I've having someone seize it.

ED: Maybe. The guy's still in town (I keep forgetting you can't steal from people in town), so there's actually not really much we can do unless he logs on and either hands it over or leaves town.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:22:25 pm by HailFire »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:18 pm »

Can we whip up an estimate of how many of our players were active and not retards?  Ideally, everyone oughtta be able to scavenge like five items a day or more (more than they can hold = pretty good selection).  Our dead guys only did so much work, and I think that maybe 1/3rd of our alive guys were effective.  So we should have had something like 4x the materials we did.  More than double at least, that's for sure.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 04, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »

Haha, oh wow.

The estimation's up to 75-100 now.

We have 52 defense.

I'm kind of actually hoping I die now.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 04, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »

I'm a bit confused, can somebody tell me just exactly when the zombies attack?

is it 24:00 on the game clock? or is it sooner than that?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »

It's 23:00 on the game clock.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 127