Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169114 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1230 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »

Haha, I guess that's a positive way to look at the situation GlyphGryph, I guess I'm just pessimistic.  That'd be awesome if this could be converted into a single player game, where the player can direct the actions of all 40 citizens.  I'd like to see how far I can go if it was all under my control.
Isn't that DF?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1231 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »

Haha, I guess that's a positive way to look at the situation GlyphGryph, I guess I'm just pessimistic.  That'd be awesome if this could be converted into a single player game, where the player can direct the actions of all 40 citizens.  I'd like to see how far I can go if it was all under my control.
Interesting idea. It seems like it would get a bit tedious without some major changes though.
'Wood of Autumn' here
Me too!
What is your name ingame? I'm Forsaken1111 (obv)

TienIsCoolX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »

Well I guess DF is like that, but the whole zombie scenario and scavenging for resources to build stuff is sorta different too.  DF is less luck based I'd say.  As for the single player version of this game, I'd gladly pay 10-20 dollars for it.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:23 pm »

Just logged on today and discovered that I had succumbed to infection. It's a shame, because my old community was full of pretty nice and laid back people (one guy made a hovel and nobody was horribly pissed, they just told him it's an acceptable newbie mistake and that they should all move on) with little rules. Everyone was doing their part... it's a shame to go.

Now I'm stuck in a new town where if you even misbehave SLIGHTLY or are inactive for a day you are banished. There's a huge list of strict rules that you must follow at all times.

Boiling athenaeum... bleh. Strike the earth I guess.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:25 pm »

What is your name ingame? I'm Forsaken1111 (obv)
Mine is Thendash.
I like the review by Rock, Paper, Shotgun:
Which is the immediately gripping thing about Die2Nite. You can die. The whole town can die. The whole town will die. Not unlike Dwarf Fortress, your situation in Die2Night could be compared to a cardboard box with increasingly fat men coming along and sitting on it. Your world will crumple, and the game’s in preventing that for as long as possible. Except in Die2Night you’re not controlling Dwarf Fortress’s omniscient overseer, you’re controlling a dwarf, so to speak.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

TienIsCoolX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:31 pm »

That's the town I'm in.  The Mcat guy is just trying to organize people and help them out, and the rules he posted is pretty much common sense.  Plus, he can't banish you, it takes 10 people to do it.  What's your name in game?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 18, 2010, 08:13:10 pm »

That's the town I'm in.  The Mcat guy is just trying to organize people and help them out, and the rules he posted is pretty much common sense.  Plus, he can't banish you, it takes 10 people to do it.  What's your name in game?

I am Doohl.

TienIsCoolX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 18, 2010, 08:30:09 pm »

Shit's goin down in the town forums.  I don't know why people are going batshit over one guy posting rules like "don't build a hovel" and "don't hoard stuff".  In my last town we welcomed it when people tried to bring organization.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 18, 2010, 08:31:48 pm »

See most good players know those two rules and live by them, but we also live so long that we never end up in the same towns, so you end up with a bunch of noobs who have died on day 1 4 times in a row, and spasm at the rules.
Nom nom nom

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 18, 2010, 08:55:50 pm »

More codes:

1G0BJLJ2 (not used yet)
XXFB7WVU (not used yet)

TienIsCoolX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 18, 2010, 08:58:06 pm »

More codes here too:
# PZRM5PHG (not used yet)
# BMZ669BA (not used yet)

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 18, 2010, 09:03:45 pm »

If anyone wants a code I have three of them. PM me!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 18, 2010, 09:21:31 pm »

See most good players know those two rules and live by them, but we also live so long that we never end up in the same towns, so you end up with a bunch of noobs who have died on day 1 4 times in a row, and spasm at the rules.
Yea, being ordered around by a stranger can get to ya.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1243 on: November 18, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »

I have a key up for grabs:
none
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:33:44 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 18, 2010, 09:41:15 pm »

I used one of your keys Akheir, thanks!
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 127