Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230015 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2010, 11:02:28 pm »

Unvote Eduren.  Fair enough.

SS then?

HAve fun getting nightkilled.
You dopp or exterminator then? Only those wouldn't spread the spores.

SHAD0Wdump: This is an extremely weak attack- it really looks to me like thinly veiled deflection.  This, coupled with your attempts to antagonize people, just looks like an attempt to get people angry instead of a legitimate attempt to find scum.  Give some solid reasons for your vote, or get back out there and find some.

And YouTube links are not scum hunting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »

Sorry, it's only my 2nd game, and I royally sucked in the RVS of the first one, so it's effectively my first experience with RVS.  Would you like me to rephrase the question?
You're being waaaay too nice. That's scummy. Even if you manage to get yourself lynched, please don't give up on Mafia. Learn and move on. That being said, if you want to survive Day 1, stop being scummy.

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
It only makes us short town if they're actually town. And even then, if they're dragging down the town it's a good trade. Mafias (in general) are balanced so that you can mislynch twice and still win.

That is a really bad way to go.
You are giving up. Really.
You have two days to convince us you aren't scum. Try.
Skim it. Read. You need to to understand what is happening.
Not reading is scummy.
Huh.  Actually being helpful.  Still not actively scumhunting and a bit short on the overall content, but it's a start.

unvote Org

Please continue to be helpful (and cut the herp derp crap).

Usefulness comes later.
This should be enough to lynch you on.

SS=Town
Wrong. SS == 3rd party. Deal with the scum first.

, I am not a gambling man
So far you are.
How? Also less Org please, more smart.
No. Less is more.
Wrong. Minimalism actively hurts town. Even if you refuse to read through what's already been said, at the very least you need to be active from here on out.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2010, 11:07:59 pm »

SHAD0Wdump: This is an extremely weak attack- it really looks to me like thinly veiled deflection.  This, coupled with your attempts to antagonize people, just looks like an attempt to get people angry instead of a legitimate attempt to find scum.  Give some solid reasons for your vote, or get back out there and find some.

So you don't buy his Spore Spreader claim?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2010, 11:09:33 pm »

Fine.

He suggests me getting nightkilled, but only exterminators and dopps can do that without just spreading the spores around. SS hurts town by sapping abilities. So why would Dopps or Exterminator want to kill a SS?

I had a sense this was an attempt to hide a potential kill on me with inoccence, but the fact is no method by town to kill a SS will work to their advantage, and the same is true for dopps and exterminator for a differant reason.

The most that can be done is for town to try to get dopps or exterminater to screw up and hit the SS.

Back to three for me, zoop!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2010, 11:12:02 pm »

He's being way too obvious about it.  It looks to me like he's trying to make everyone think he's a spore spreader.

Post edit warning:  You get credit for explaining your vote, but your reasoning is still very thin.  Do you still think he's scum?  If not, who do you think is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:55 pm »

Well, two reasons I feel scumminess from the guy...

A: He's attempting to get me lynched by assuming spore spreader. Lynching a spore spreader is probably the worst thing you can do to one.

B: He switched his reasoning to me not being a spore spreader. While I'll stress this is true, it brings less reason to the table for my lynch as I'm not trying to claim spore spreader.

Ok, the three thing is heavily hypocritical now, I'm just trying a playstyle that I feel is fun. Plus it is good for attempting to antagonize people.

Blahahaha.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2010, 11:20:05 pm »

Well, two reasons I feel scumminess from the guy...

A: He's attempting to get me lynched by assuming spore spreader. Lynching a spore spreader is probably the worst thing you can do to one.

B: He switched his reasoning to me not being a spore spreader. While I'll stress this is true, it brings less reason to the table for my lynch as I'm not trying to claim spore spreader.

Ok, the three thing is heavily hypocritical now, I'm just trying a playstyle that I feel is fun. Plus it is good for attempting to antagonize people.

Blahahaha.

Who is this guy you are talking of here? Also trolling is not the same as mafia playing.

Fuck this, I am going to my good computer.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:04 pm »

Also trolling is not the same as mafia playing.
Yeah it is, Web does it all the time.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »

You don't have to be like Webadict. This be wholly unnapropriate.

In other news, i find that Kamina really need to get a grip, that towel was dropped way too fast. Hell, the game is started for less thna 12 hours and seems you are already ready to die. Wanna survive ? Get scumhunting

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2010, 11:30:00 pm »

Get scumhunting
Already found one.

Anyway, busy streaming.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2010, 11:30:38 pm »

Get scumhunting
Already found one.

Anyway, busy streaming.

Oh actually i was talking to Kamina, sorry if i was not clear.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2010, 11:31:14 pm »

About the scumhinting, not the webadict-ness

Hell i need some sleep.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:17 pm »

You countered this point with the second sentence. If he's trying to lynch you, he either doesn't think you're the spore or he's a third party. It's as easy as that.

Saying things doesn't make them true. And outright claiming the spore spreader would be a rather poor plan. WIFOMing it like you're doing is a little better, but it essentially means you are one of three things:
- Town working against the town, lynchable
- WIFOMing Spore Spreader, lynchable anyways (see below)
- Scum trying to hide behind being spore spreader, lynchable

For Spore Spreader prime, getting lynched makes sense and it doesn't necessarily hurt the town too badly. We lose 0-2 power roles, depending on how many aliens/dopps were voting you. If the dice fall badly and both of your spore clouds land on dopps/aliens, you lose.

In any case if there's a Xenozooligist about, I bet they'll kidnap you tonight. Good chance that you're not townie, so a good pick either way.

Please don't emulate webadict. One is already far more than we need.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »

Sorry, it's only my 2nd game, and I royally sucked in the RVS of the first one, so it's effectively my first experience with RVS.  Would you like me to rephrase the question?
You're being waaaay too nice. That's scummy. Even if you manage to get yourself lynched, please don't give up on Mafia. Learn and move on. That being said, if you want to survive Day 1, stop being scummy.
I understand this now.  Somehow this was never pointed out in the BM.  Useless thing.
And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
It only makes us short town if they're actually town. And even then, if they're dragging down the town it's a good trade. Mafias (in general) are balanced so that you can mislynch twice and still win.
Are you really saying we should mislynch less than ideal townies over scum because it won't absolutely kill us?  That's complete bullshit.  We shouldn't settle for townies when we can find scum.

, I am not a gambling man
So far you are.
How? Also less Org please, more smart.
No. Less is more.
Wrong. Minimalism actively hurts town. Even if you refuse to read through what's already been said, at the very least you need to be active from here on out.
I agree with this at least.

Shadow, you're obviously trying to get yourself lynched.  You can't really be that stupid.

He's being way too obvious about it.  It looks to me like he's trying to make everyone think he's a spore spreader.
WIFOM, but still a validish point.

Case in point.
In other news, i find that Kamina really need to get a grip, that towel was dropped way too fast. Hell, the game is started for less thna 12 hours and seems you are already ready to die. Wanna survive ? Get scumhunting
I'm trying to get a feel for how these games work.  I figured it a good idea to cool off and think more logically for a bit.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2010, 11:35:39 pm »

You can't really be that stupid.
I rarely play mafia, yes I can.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66