Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229321 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2010, 09:16:10 am »

-Spore spreader, sure... And if I am then you guys did the worst thing possible potentially.
-Dopp, that's alot of attention garnered. Even a tough one wouldn't shrug that off.
-Alien of any type, see dopp.
-townie power, why?
-basic townie, WHY?

This is straight textbook WIFOM, which is a textbook scum move.  You are textbook scum.

And we should probably lynch Toaster.

And why's that?

Explain.  Voting without a reason is worse than not voting at all.
Wheeerre are yooouuuu, Leafsnail?  Stop lurking!

Kamina:  You're buddying me.  If you cared about reasonless votes, you would have said something to Web when he did the exact same thing to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2010, 09:23:22 am »

-Spore spreader, sure... And if I am then you guys did the worst thing possible potentially.
-Dopp, that's alot of attention garnered. Even a tough one wouldn't shrug that off.
-townie power, why?
-basic townie, WHY?
This is straight textbook WIFOM, which is a textbook scum move.  You are textbook scum.
I might fall under your textbook descriptions, but let us put away the textbook for a moment shall we?

The way I acted recently, lets just say I'm not too proud of it. I have garnered a lot of attention, bad attention, attention involving big sharp pitchforks, or perhaps mutant teeth in the following night. So if I'm to die, I best make as much use of my current predicament as possible.

So I ask you all. I've got this attention now... How do I use it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:12 am »

If it isn't obvious to you that the answer could be anything but "scumhunt," then it's pretty clear you have no intention or desire to do so.    You're just trying to back out of a failed gambit now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2010, 09:31:48 am »

If it isn't obvious to you that the answer could be anything but "scumhunt," then it's pretty clear you have no intention or desire to do so.    You're just trying to back out of a failed gambit now.
But give me an example of how I can use the attention for scumhunting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:39 am »

You can't. Not effectively. Ever hear no publicity is bad publicity? Well, that's a lie. You can't turn bad attention around on other people. You just have to get rid of it and then turn it on other people.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2010, 09:38:46 am »

Are you serious?

Here, have a template.

Dear [Sir/Madam] [Name here], I feel that your post, [link], indicates that you are scum because [reason].  Furthermore, your further post, [link], deepens the case against you because [different reason].

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:24 am »

Dear Sir Toaster, I feel that your post, link, indicates that you are scum because of such a shallow response.  Furthermore, your further post, link, deepens the case against you because you assume I have no intention to scumhunt despite showing some interest.

Am I doin' it rite?

You can't. Not effectively. Ever hear no publicity is bad publicity? Well, that's a lie. You can't turn bad attention around on other people. You just have to get rid of it and then turn it on other people.
But yeah, again, if I'm to die so soon, I got to use whatever resources I have available to me, and right now all I have is everyone aiming guns at me. So hey, maybe I'll be the first to use it well?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2010, 10:25:20 am »

But yeah, again, if I'm to die so soon, I got to use whatever resources I have available to me, and right now all I have is everyone aiming guns at me. So hey, maybe I'll be the first to use it well?
But then why aren't you using it, O SHAD0Wdump?  With your crazy WIFOM, you must be anti-town in some way.
No, not voting at all is worse.
Nice evade.  My question still stands.
Explain.  Voting without a reason is worse than not voting at all.
Wheeerre are yooouuuu, Leafsnail?  Stop lurking!

Kamina:  You're buddying me.  If you cared about reasonless votes, you would have said something to Web when he did the exact same thing to you.
Oh I'm so sorry, asking for a reason for a vote is definitely buddying.
Of course I care about reasonless votes.  I looked scummy as hell back then, a case was already built against me.  He was already called out on that before I had a chance to.
There is no case against you that has been yet made.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2010, 10:44:22 am »

Kamina

I am using it. Can't you see that?

Either you are a bit too riled up by this little witch hunt I started on myself, or you are scum making use of this to throw votes at me idly.

Also I kinda want to toss this WIFOM I generated out the window at this point, I think everyone's gone drunk on it.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2010, 10:52:40 am »

Kamina

I am using it. Can't you see that?

Either you are a bit too riled up by this little witch hunt I started on myself, or you are scum making use of this to throw votes at me idly.

Also I kinda want to toss this WIFOM I generated out the window at this point, I think everyone's gone drunk on it.
Really?
-townie power, why?
-basic townie, WHY?
I might fall under your textbook descriptions, but let us put away the textbook for a moment shall we?

The way I acted recently, lets just say I'm not too proud of it. I have garnered a lot of attention, bad attention, attention involving big sharp pitchforks, or perhaps mutant teeth in the following night. So if I'm to die, I best make as much use of my current predicament as possible.

So I ask you all. I've got this attention now... How do I use it?
But give me an example of how I can use the attention for scumhunting.
Dear Sir Toaster, I feel that your post, link, indicates that you are scum because of such a shallow response.  Furthermore, your further post, link, deepens the case against you because you assume I have no intention to scumhunt despite showing some interest.

Am I doin' it rite?

Where exactly in these posts are you using it?  All I see is sarcasm and uslessness.
It looks to me like you're tying to put a failed gambit aside, like it never happened.  Your situation now looks to me like my situation a bit ago.  You did something stupid, and now want to put it behind you.  Well, I didn't get to, and neither should you.
You're being friendly, asking what you should do.  From what I've seen of people reacting to me, that's a scumtell.
Textbook scum.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2010, 11:12:47 am »

Those posts there, I'm asking questions. Gauging how willing others are to attempt to help out someone who's basically gasping for air. Toaster wasn't helping well, I suppose in a way he was though. You? Nope, I see no attempts to do so, just attempts at conviction.

My vote stays.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2010, 11:50:57 am »

SHADOWdump is a stupid topic of conversation. Let's change the subject.

Mysteriousbluepuppet, you should probably get in here and explain why you voted Solifuge without a reason.

Solifuge, you should probably get in here too because you have a bad habit of lurking.

Don't be flippant; it was a serious question. Why do you care what I think of you? And it doesn't have to be specifically me. Why do you care what anyone thinks of you? Since you asked you're clearly interested in it on some level.

I don't. There's a difference between "caring" (being invested in) and "interested" (wishing to hear a response). I am interested in what you have to say about the players here, as I know you to be incisive. I don't particularly care what you or others think of me, I am interested in your opinions of that exchange and the players therein; since I was part of that exchange, include opinions on me if you wish, sure.

Hair splitting is a great way to not answer a question. You could've asked about anybody, yet you asked about yourself, and I don't buy the bit about you being in an exchange. If you were it was at the periphery; hardly a position to be asking about your arguments. If you were in the thick of one, I could understand. So it strikes me as strange to ask about yourself when you're barely involved in anything.

Something feels off about you. When it comes to dealing with skilled players this is a more important feeling than any scum tells they've dropped. You've prodded lurkers and done some PSA stuff but those are easy enough contributions for scum to make. And I grow suspicious of people who try and wave the town banner too damn much and I'm perfectly justified in thinking this since it's caught scum for me in the past.

I have no idea if there's any substance to this feeling but I'll be damned if I just let it pass. So, a question. Who are your top scumpicks at the moment? I get the sense you don't have any strong suspicions so far.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2010, 12:07:17 pm »

You're being friendly, asking what you should do.  From what I've seen of people reacting to me, that's a scumtell.
Textbook scum.
Another thing, I've hit just about every other alarm in the military base at this point. Does this really come as a surprise?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2010, 12:56:04 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Criptfeind, Leafsnail, Mr.Person
KaminaSquirtle: Org, SHAD0Wdump
Leafsnail: KaminaSquirtle
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Solifuge
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoface
SHAD0Wdump: Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Toaster
Solifuge: Eduren, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: webadict
Zathras: Ottofar
webadict: Zathras

Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »

Long day today, boyos. I wont be back until tomorrow. Whether or not I like it, today will be lurk-filled. Unvote Mysteriousbluepuppet
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 66