Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231550 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #390 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »

Ottofar is the only one left of my scummiest list.  Good place to start.

Weelllll at least we don't have to worry about Medium fakeclaims. That counts for something.
Why not?

Bullets are vigs, aren't they?  Anyway, now we're done with our policy lynch, can we lynch obvscum JanusTwoFace or Kaminasquirtle today?
And why am I obviously scum? And more particularly so than KaminaSquirtle?

All of these player have been lackluster in their game, either by lurking, active or not, and contributing minuscule amounts.
So the active players get by for not lurking?

Normally, but the body's very fresh, and still warm, like it was a morningkill. The only thing that does that right now is the Assassin Bot. Unless I'm missing something.
Derp.
Do you have anything to actually contribute.

Heh, not doing anything is pretty much my hat these last week. I'm not a professionnal in any kind of way, and i havent yet read the last 6 page or so.Ill be back once it,s done
A standard 'more later' promise.  When are you going to deliver on that?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »

Bullets are vigs, aren't they?  Anyway, now we're done with our policy lynch, can we lynch obvscum JanusTwoFace or Kaminasquirtle today?
(not a denial)

See, this isn't a townie reaction.  A townie says "Hey, that's dumb!  I'm not scum!"  Wheras a mafia member says "Hey, where's the evience??  I need to bury it quick!"

Followed by deflection.

Do you have anything to actually contribute.
So I'm not allowed to reply to a post discussing flavour with a response discussing flavour...?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #392 on: November 17, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »

Denying being scum gets you absolutely nowhere, anyone can deny being scum.

And asking for evidence is scummy? No.
Not providing evidence is scummy. Like you're doing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »

Hey, Janus, what alignment are you?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #394 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:22 pm »

Hey, Janus, what alignment are you?
Town.  And yourself?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2010, 09:53:07 pm »

can we lynch obvscum JanusTwoFace or Kaminasquirtle today?
Why so anxious to declare me scum before the day really starts, Leafsnail?  It looks to me like you're doing exactly the same thing you found so scummy in JTF.
I don't like how you've locked on to me and Janus.  It's like an excuse to not contribute to the rest of the game.

Also, what is the verdict on the flavor text?  I've never played paranormal before, so I don't know what we can deduct from it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #396 on: November 17, 2010, 09:59:16 pm »

Also, what is the verdict on the flavor text?  I've never played paranormal before, so I don't know what we can deduct from it.
In Paranormal, flavor text basically always can be relied on to tell you what actually happened.  Although it can be troublesome to interpret sometimes.

This is probably correct:
So, Exterminator killed Criptfeind, Org got Assassin Bot'd, Dopps got blocked?

If the dopps kill, they usually take the body.  Extermintor kills with plasma bursts, human killers with bullets, the still warm body means Assassin Bot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:26 pm »

Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.  I had to simply guess at what you were trying to ask me about.  You didn't seem to care about your vote on me either, so why should it upset me?  I wrote it off to you not having time, but you appear to have time now.  If you intend to attack me, do so, but don't just dilly around with it.

Heh, fail on my part. I know that Soli had a rather funny OMGUS on my case after me random voting him. That was probably the most obvious thing i got. After that i remeber Janus as being somewhat scummy but i havent read for like 5 days, so it's rather blurry

MBP:  I've told you about Toaster's #1 Scum Tell before, and you're treading on it again.  You've contributed nothing to this game, including the quoted post.  Fix that, or you're basically outing yourself as scum.

Kamina:
This better, Toaster?
For that line alone, no.
O really?
Asking a more experienced player what he thought of my scumhunt so far makes my entire argument invalid?  Pleasing Toaster didn't even factor into my decision to do better scumhunting.  What did is that I want to actually y'know, contribute.
Why wouldn't I throw that in?  I did better, and might as well answer a comment aimed at me.

You're not coming across as sincere- you're trying to do the bare minimum of content to keep people off your back.  You're not here to please people- find the scum, hunt them down, and make them die.

PPE:

And your last post is scummy too.  Let me run it through the BS translator:  "How dare you attack me?  Look at all the other people out there you could be attacking (that aren't me)"

To answer your question, the flavor usually indicates the nature of the kill.  Dopps leave behind a bloody mess, the exterminator kills indicate energy weaponry, vigs shoot people, and the Xenozoologist leaves no traces behind, not even a roleflip.  Guard and PWV kills usually complicate things- see P16 for some complicated ones.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »

**P15- I fact checked that one after I actually posted.  Oops.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 17, 2010, 10:37:15 pm »

(not a denial)

See, this isn't a townie reaction.  A townie says "Hey, that's dumb!  I'm not scum!"  Wheras a mafia member says "Hey, where's the evience??  I need to bury it quick!"

Followed by deflection.

You got anything... stronger? I don't find it particularly compelling that he's not denying it, since he's also asking you why.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »

Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.  I had to simply guess at what you were trying to ask me about.  You didn't seem to care about your vote on me either, so why should it upset me?  I wrote it off to you not having time, but you appear to have time now.  If you intend to attack me, do so, but don't just dilly around with it.

PPE:

And your last post is scummy too.  Let me run it through the BS translator:  "How dare you attack me?  Look at all the other people out there you could be attacking (that aren't me)"

To answer your question, the flavor usually indicates the nature of the kill.  Dopps leave behind a bloody mess, the exterminator kills indicate energy weaponry, vigs shoot people, and the Xenozoologist leaves no traces behind, not even a roleflip.  Guard and PWV kills usually complicate things- see P16 for some complicated ones.
I suppose then I didn't. But now I'm gonna have to make up for that.

I'd like to point out that Mediums died, both of which are Human. That means that they didn't action, so they weren't killed by a PWV or a Guard. Why did you even bother bringing that up?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2010, 10:45:47 pm »

You're not coming across as sincere- you're trying to do the bare minimum of content to keep people off your back.  You're not here to please people- find the scum, hunt them down, and make them die.
I'm not trying to please people.  Do you think my last post was supposed to please anyone?  Nope, I'm trying to find scum.  I find Leaf scummy.
Look, I'm getting tired of explaining this.  Leaf has done pretty much nothing but attack me and now JTF a bit.  I don't like that's he's attacking me, but that certainly doesn't look scummy.  It's the lack of any contribution on anything else that looks scummy.  I'd like to see more from him in other areas.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2010, 11:36:34 pm »

Web: He asked about what we can figure out from flavor.  I answered him, pointing out complicating factors.  If you're implying I'm making a case for one of those applying over the past night, I'm not.  I think the exty/assassin bot theory makes sense.

Kamina:  If you have to keep explaining your attack, that means it wasn't clear enough in the first place.  Explain your actions better.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 18, 2010, 07:46:19 am »

Web: He asked about what we can figure out from flavor.  I answered him, pointing out complicating factors.  If you're implying I'm making a case for one of those applying over the past night, I'm not.  I think the exty/assassin bot theory makes sense.

Kamina:  If you have to keep explaining your attack, that means it wasn't clear enough in the first place.  Explain your actions better.
My bad. I thought you were pointing out possibilities.

Where is everyone?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2010, 10:04:07 am »

Web, electricity. I think it's fixed now.

Kamina for now. I'll consider Janus tomorrow, or if I have time, today.

I'll be back in two hours, if I'll.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66