Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230035 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacement Needed
« Reply #495 on: November 20, 2010, 09:58:09 am »

Hmm, looks like I should clarify what does and does not use an action a bit more in the alien tech section. Stun Orbs/Bombs do NOT take up the alien's action for the night, if they have one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 20, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

Oh. Well, unvote KaminaSquirtle and vote Zathras.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 20, 2010, 12:16:14 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
KaminaSquirtle: Ottofar
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Mish
Ottofar: webadict
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, Toaster, Zathras
Zathras: Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, Pandarsenic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »

A two member Exterminator team explains all discrepancies.
Yes, now you have two people conniving together to bring alive this vision of yours. That's not a stretch at all over the simpler explanation, is it? And if it were true, lynching me doesn't stop the exterminator NK, does it?
Nope (I think, can the operative nk?), but it only takes two lynches to get rid of the exterminator team, rather than 4 to get rid of the dopp team.
So you think Pand is a Dopp, but we should lynch Zathras because he's an Exterminator? First off, why would an Exterminator take a fucking Stun Orb? This isn't even a "Shield + Big Tech ONLY" problem, this is more like why would anyone take a Stun Orb instead of a Stun Bomb? There isn't even any WIFOM in it, it's just stupid. Second off, lynching the Dopp is more important than the Exterminator. The Exterminator kills are likely to eventually hit a Dopp or two.
The operative could.  Makes perfect sense.  And while the Exterminator may kill a dopp every once in a while, I won't pass up the chance to take one out before he's really used any tech.  Killing 1 large and 2 medium tech which are owned by someone anti-town is not an opportunity to pass up.
But ok, he's an Operative. Fine. We should still lynch the Dopp over an Op. The Op is even less important than the Dopp. Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Zathras isn't an Op, but I am saying it's more important to hit a Dopp than an Op. I find Pand's lurking combined with the claim to be enough to convince me he's a Dopp. That means I'm going to lynch him. Lynching off Zathras (which I am currently against, in case it sounds like I'm waffling) is irrelevant next to lynching the most likely Dopp player in the game.
He doesn't have to be an op.  He said he knew that Pandar was rbed.  That doesn't mean he did it, his op buddy could have.  We can deal with Pandar tomorrow.  He will hang, eventually.
I still say that Zathras is town, but we'll know soon enough. Either he blocks someone else or he doesn't. If he's an Op, he won't be able to block more than twice. We lynch him either Day 3 or Day 4. The reason I'm not worried about this at all is simply that the information will become available no matter what. I could worry and stress and whatever, but the fact remains that he'll either role-confirm himself or die. So why bother? And if he is an alien, he's a complete idiot.

In any case, Jim, what makes you so sure Zathras is an alien and why should we bypass a Dopp to lynch said alien?
Why should we let him use more of his tech?  He could have very powerful tech up his sleeves, I don't want to see him get the chance to use it.

Why so interested in the fate of Zathras, Mr. Person?  Why so eager to defend him?

My vote stays on Zathras.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 20, 2010, 01:35:30 pm »

Hmm, looks like I should clarify what does and does not use an action a bit more in the alien tech section. Stun Orbs/Bombs do NOT take up the alien's action for the night, if they have one.

loloops.

Meanwhile, Meph, can you confirm that the flavor that J-EXE wrote is accurate to the events that happened in the night? (Not that our interpretations of it are accurate, of course.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »

Jokerman did a pretty good job with the flavor, but it's not 100% consistent with how I would have written it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 20, 2010, 01:48:52 pm »

But there still shouldn't be any ambiguity in who did what, right? If a Psychic Warden blocked somebody, the person getting blocked would know it was a Psychic Warden.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 20, 2010, 03:44:26 pm »

Jokerman did a pretty good job with the flavor, but it's not 100% consistent with how I would have written it.
:(
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #503 on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:31 pm »

I have read, so far, between last night and right now, something like 180 pages of paranormal mafia.

Oh gog my poor brain. Maybe I shouldn't have archive-binged it, maybe I should've taken it a bit slower, stretched out the reading so it wasn't so intense.

But anyway,

Be back with opinions/lynchvote/something productive later.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 20, 2010, 04:30:53 pm »

A two member Exterminator team explains all discrepancies.
Yes, now you have two people conniving together to bring alive this vision of yours. That's not a stretch at all over the simpler explanation, is it? And if it were true, lynching me doesn't stop the exterminator NK, does it?

Now it might. Since it is possible for you to be the Exterminator now you should be lynched as it is the quicker road to reducing the number of night kills.

And yes, a two member Exterminator team is a completely valid hypothesis at this point. And it seems to be supported by the fact that Mr.Person is really trying to not get you lynched. Now why is he doing that?

Flavor discrepancies because of J-EXE is a bullshit reason to ignore Zathras being lying scum. I mean, apparently J-EXE had the wherewithal to include chains on the sending end. Why not the receiving? Meph wouldn't have let inaccurate flavor get in his game.
You assume too much. Pandar didn't mention chains in his post, but why would he? He was on the defending end of the accusation, yes? It would be in his benefit to be as terse as possible. On the other side, I didn't mention them at first; to be honest, I didn't pay close attention to the flavour, all I retained from that moment three days ago was "roleblock success".

My not immediately remembering the specifics of the flavour is the cornerstone of your case, yes? This in a game variant I play for the first time, and at a time when I had trouble remembering the names of the players... Is this really what you are using to mark me as "guaranteed" liar?

If you're suggesting that Pandarsenic conveniently ignored descriptions of chains in how he described the flavor perhaps you should go give him crap about it instead of offering it as a hypothetical explanation. Even if he's a dopp, I don't think he lied.

And you not remembering the specifics, or so you claim, is not the cornerstone, it's just powerful supporting evidence. You not knowing the flavor of your role is pretty good evidence that you're fakeclaiming. If, after I told you the Psychic Warden flavor includes chains, you had immediately mentioned that your flavor had included the chains instead of doing your [citation needed] thing, I would be more inclined to believe you. Buuuuuuuuuuut you didn't. Bad move, bro. Bad move.

You're defending Zathras, who's quite clearly a lying fakeclaimer, and you're trying to deflect suspicion and votes onto Pandarsenic, just the same as Zathras. You are Zathras' partner in the Exterminator team.
You are fulfilling the same for Pandar (speaking of fakeclaimers), trying to deflect suspicion and votes from him to me. Using your argument, we must deduce you are Pandar's scumbuddy, yes? Your case against me hinges on your presumption that I lied about flavour, and even if I did, I wouldn't have a NK. The case against Pandar is much more solid: he has admitted he was blocked the night Dopps didn't kill, on top of his otherwise scummy play. Isn't lynching a dopp a better thing for town than a non-NK alien of whatever flavour you have me pegged as? Why are you defending Pandar so much?

It's one thing to utterly destroy your fakeclaim. It's another to speculate scenarios where you aren't an alien. I'm doing the former. Mr.Person is doing the latter. You are caught in an obvious lie and Mr.Person is doing his darnedest to see to it that you don't get lynched and Pandarsenic does. I couldn't care less what happens to Pandarsenic. Let the dopp hang.

Now that Meph has cleared up that the Exterminator can use a Stun Orb and the night kill you are becoming a much more favorable lynch.

So you think Pand is a Dopp, but we should lynch Zathras because he's an Exterminator? First off, why would an Exterminator take a fucking Stun Orb? This isn't even a "Shield + Big Tech ONLY" problem, this is more like why would anyone take a Stun Orb instead of a Stun Bomb? There isn't even any WIFOM in it, it's just stupid. Second off, lynching the Dopp is more important than the Exterminator. The Exterminator kills are likely to eventually hit a Dopp or two.

Counting on crossfire is stupid. If Zathras is a likely Exterminator he should be lynched now to give us time. And WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM about the Stun Orb. If you and Zathras have a bazillion tech choices because he's an Exterminator and you're an Operative or the other way around, why not get the Stun Orb? It would help against things like PWVs.

But ok, he's an Operative. Fine. We should still lynch the Dopp over an Op. The Op is even less important than the Dopp. Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Zathras isn't an Op, but I am saying it's more important to hit a Dopp than an Op. I find Pand's lurking combined with the claim to be enough to convince me he's a Dopp. That means I'm going to lynch him. Lynching off Zathras (which I am currently against, in case it sounds like I'm waffling) is irrelevant next to lynching the most likely Dopp player in the game.

I still say that Zathras is town, but we'll know soon enough. Either he blocks someone else or he doesn't. If he's an Op, he won't be able to block more than twice. We lynch him either Day 3 or Day 4. The reason I'm not worried about this at all is simply that the information will become available no matter what. I could worry and stress and whatever, but the fact remains that he'll either role-confirm himself or die. So why bother? And if he is an alien, he's a complete idiot.

This is all completely irrelevant now that Zathras can use both the Stun Orb and a nightkill. If it was a certainty that Zathras could not be the Exterminator then I would agree with you that a Pandarsenic lynch would be better. But that is not longer the case.

And how far you're going out of your way to make sure he doesn't get lynched is really making me think that he's the Exterminator and that you're the Operative. Don't want your night kill disappearing so easily I see.

In any case, Jim, what makes you so sure Zathras is an alien and why should we bypass a Dopp to lynch said alien?

I seriously can't believe you asked me this.

Anyways, in short, Janus was driving the policy lynch, but it didn't work out. He wouldn't back off, because someone could've said he just wanted to get a free lynch. Then he gets SHAD0W and Cript to vote for, and argues with Cript about the amount of the Org-concerning posts. Also, he was too friendly with Kamina, which is also suspicious.
This one, I mean.

Linking all of JTF's posts, making a single comment about them, and then quoting yourself is not really a sufficient scum hunting contribution.

I despise it when people look like they're trying to do a lot of work and then say nothing.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 20, 2010, 04:38:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm not good at saying things.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 20, 2010, 04:46:14 pm »

Do you have anything else besides... whatever this is supposed to be against JTF?

And don't say you'll have something tomorrow. Because we waited, what, several days for this? and it's pathetic.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 20, 2010, 04:57:58 pm »

Not really. As I have stated, I'm quite bad at mafia.

Up to reply #227 I'd have voted him.

It started getting less scummy from somewhere there.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:34 pm »

I have read, so far, between last night and right now, something like 180 pages of paranormal mafia.

Oh gog my poor brain. Maybe I shouldn't have archive-binged it, maybe I should've taken it a bit slower, stretched out the reading so it wasn't so intense.

But anyway,

Be back with opinions/lynchvote/something productive later.
Yeah, reading a lot of mafia in quick succession will leave your mind one big piece of mush.

Surely you have something suspicious to go on?  That you can use to scumhunt?

Cause all you've been doing so far is trying to look useful without actually being useful.

Protip: Don't just comment on posts, ask questions about them.  It's their reactions that matter more than what they said in the first place.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 20, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

So you basically have nothing then. Awesome. You made us wait forever and now you have no other suspicions.

Either you're a newbie or scum. The problem is that you're not a n00b, you've been 'playing' mafia games for a while now, but you've made no attempt to improve. This means it's perfectly fine to lynch you. If there wasn't an alien and a dopp higher in the queue I'd be voting for you.

Mysteriousbluepuppet, you're online right now. Get in here and post, and you better not say you haven't caught up. It's been days. Contribute or hang (eventually).
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66