Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231576 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacement Needed
« Reply #510 on: November 20, 2010, 08:45:38 pm »

The operative could.  Makes perfect sense.  And while the Exterminator may kill a dopp every once in a while, I won't pass up the chance to take one out before he's really used any tech.  Killing 1 large and 2 medium tech which are owned by someone anti-town is not an opportunity to pass up.
Just noticed it's only one medium tech, but my point still stands.

Lurkers!  Come out and play!  Just because we have an exterminator and an alien to kill before you doesn't mean you can get away with lurking.  This means active lurkers too, Ottofar!

Seriously, I have the feeling only about half of the game has contributed this entire day.  This is not okay.  Lots of stuff has happened, comment on it!
Only Mr Person, Jim, Zathras, Pandar, and I have commented on this big Zathras/Pandar roleblocking thing going down.  I'd think more people would have something to say on the matter.

Ottofar: What is your opinion on Zathras being Exterminator?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #511 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:33 pm »

On page 12 of the thread. Again.

ALMOST READY TO ACTUALLY PLAY, GAIZ.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 20, 2010, 10:27:07 pm »

This took two reads to digest.

Does *anyone* doubt that Pandar is a dopp?  Seriously, anyone?  All he's done since my last post is move his vote to the other suspected person while contributing nothing to the discussion.  He's pretty much thrown in the towel here.  There's no reason he shouldn't be lynched.

As to whether we should lynch Zath first?   I say no.  His case is provable- if he's townie, he can block somebody, and the target can verify whether he was blocked or not.  Simple enough, and if his claim is crap, he hangs tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 20, 2010, 10:49:25 pm »

Very well. If Zathras actually is a Psychic Warden then he can block me tonight to prove his claim. Or, I dunno, he can block whoever he thinks is scum, and pray he gets lucky or his target doesn't lie about it.

Unvote Zathras. Pandarsenic.

I'm starting to suspect webadict and Leafsnail for their silence during this whole thing. webadict less, since the last time he was online was this morning, but he saw me accuse Zathras and bring out evidence. But Leafsnail has been online all day and is curiously silent.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 20, 2010, 11:05:43 pm »

As to whether we should lynch Zath first?   I say no.  His case is provable- if he's townie, he can block somebody, and the target can verify whether he was blocked or not.  Simple enough, and if his claim is crap, he hangs tomorrow.
Excellent point.  We can test this.  If it doesn't turn out or he refuses to test it, then we lynch him.
Pandar, though, pretty much has no chance of redeeming himself.

Unvote.  Vote Pandarsenic.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 20, 2010, 11:14:27 pm »

You can probably blame procrastination.  Waiting until the last moment before making a post is something I often do.  "I'll make it a little later" seems to be a powerful force...

UnvotePandarsenic.  The guy's scum.  He didn't even give a reason for his last vote, or an explanation of the flavour he received.

Incidentally, you should probably look at Kaminasquirtle's interactions with him over the last few pages.  As in, the passive defence without explaining why (attacking Zathras, pushing the potential exterminator angle), the chainsawing against Mr.Person and so on.  As if he weren't screaming newbscum enough already.

I eagerly await JTF's eventual response, which should be fairly amusing.

PPE:
Excellent point.  We can test this.  If it doesn't turn out or he refuses to test it, then we lynch him.
Pandar, though, pretty much has no chance of redeeming himself.

Unvote.  Vote Pandarsenic.
Quote from: Scumchat
Pandarsenic: Yeah, Kaminasquirtle, I think it's time for you to bus me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 20, 2010, 11:20:30 pm »

UnvotePandarsenic.
Quote from: Scumchat
Pandarsenic: Yeah, Leafsnail, I think it's time for you to bus me.

This is fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 20, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »

So... I'm bussing three of my teammates now?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 20, 2010, 11:39:58 pm »

Incidentally, you should probably look at Kaminasquirtle's interactions with him over the last few pages.  As in, the passive defence without explaining why (attacking Zathras, pushing the potential exterminator angle), the chainsawing against Mr.Person and so on.  As if he weren't screaming newbscum enough already.
Excuse me, but what?  So if I start hunting scum, then I'm pulling a passive defense and chainsawing?  And if I'm not, then I'm scum for not scumhunting?  It's not my fault that someone acting scummy happened to be voting me.  Seriously, that isn't even considered a tell anymore.
Quote from: Mafiascum Wiki Chainsaw Defense Section
UPDATE: After further analysis, Tarhalindur has determined that the Chainsaw Defense is only trustworthy once the player defended has been revealed to be group scum (once the player defended is proved to be Mafia, any player that used Chainsaw Defense on the dead scum should be scrutinized). Otherwise, it is a null tell. Mutual Chainsaw Defense may, however, still be an outright scumtell; more research is required here.
I see what you're up to.  No matter what I do, it's scummy.  I'm probably pulling a chainsaw right now, amiright?
Seriously, you've backed me into a corner.  I can't think of one thing I can do right now that you wouldn't call scummy.  You seem more interested in lynching me than finding out whether I'm scum or not.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 21, 2010, 12:28:16 am »

Very well. If Zathras actually is a Psychic Warden then he can block me tonight to prove his claim. Or, I dunno, he can block whoever he thinks is scum, and pray he gets lucky or his target doesn't lie about it.

Unvote Zathras. Pandarsenic.

I'm starting to suspect webadict and Leafsnail for their silence during this whole thing. webadict less, since the last time he was online was this morning, but he saw me accuse Zathras and bring out evidence. But Leafsnail has been online all day and is curiously silent.

That was pretty much exactly what I was saying.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 21, 2010, 02:08:40 am »

No. You are bussing one of your teammates. JTF and KaminaSquirtle are not scum.

You seriously had nothing to say while this was happening? You seemed pretty damn interested to go after JTF and KaminaSquirtle earlier in the day, and suddenly you're not interested in the slightest about a possible fakeclaim?

Totally
          bogus.

I know. But I don't trust you.

...and it didn't really click until Toaster said it anyway.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #521 on: November 21, 2010, 02:14:10 am »

Phew, ok, I'm here now. All caught up and hopefully good to go.

I guess I'll start with the questions asked of me that never got answered. Since, you know, I'm Eduren now and in no way Argembarger:

Eduren: If you were scum and your scum buddy was lurking what would you do and why?
After that, to each of you, ask at least one useful question to anyone in the game.

I don't think it would affect anything for me, because lurking doesn't seem very detrimental to scum.
That said, Mish, it's been a few days. And your only contribution was to not contribute and attack MBP for not contributing. It doesn't help that MBP also seems to be lurking pretty hard as well.

I'm not sure which one of you seems scummier to me, but I'm going to have to lean MBP on the grounds that Mish is (ever so slightly) more active than you, and you haven't actually responded to Mish's post. Also, it seems risky for scum to bring attention to lurking scum, so I feel like that clears Mish a little bit compared to you.

People saying they're gon' update "later tonight" but then don't? Shameful.

If nothing else, consider this vote and FOS a formal request (for both of you) to check in and say hello.

Oh, I guess my useful question would be, Mish, what do you think should happen to lurkers with no explanation? Policy-lynch because they are likely scum? That seems to be the general vibe around here, do you agree, y/n?

Eduren, what have you contributed to this game?

My awesome, superior past self? Not too much, I guess, since he ended up becoming the highly inferior version you now see before you.

But my trawling and reading through the thread multiple times revealed speculation on the nature of the game, roles and spore spreaders and some solid, rational scumhunting. And then a bunch of inactivity. And then leaving. And then I show up!

But basically, when Eduren did post, it was helpful, constructive posts.

Anyway, everyone's dogpiling Pandar, so while we wait for him to come back and defend himself or get lynched on Monday or whatever, I shall use this time to analyze/flush out some lurkers. I feel like there's gotta be scum hidden back there.

AKA Mish & MBP, why should I suspect the other over you?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 21, 2010, 03:50:46 am »

Hm. Why so sure?
Kamina. Not sure, since Jokerman wrote the flavor. We'll see tomorrow.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 21, 2010, 04:01:02 am »

Because he's going after people I think are town for utterly idiotic reasons that don't make any sense and he's also completely ignoring actual scumminess. Well, so long as that scumminess has to do with his partners.

He completely avoided talking about Pandarsenic in any capacity until he was prompted to do so. Go look. At around page 30 up to here, nothing from him, and this is important stuff to be talking about. This is not the behavior of someone who is town, but rings dead true for somebody who didn't want to throw in the towel and bus his partner until the very last second.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 21, 2010, 11:26:09 am »

I know. But I don't trust you.

...and it didn't really click until Toaster said it anyway.
Pretty much this.
Phew, ok, I'm here now. All caught up and hopefully good to go.

I guess I'll start with the questions asked of me that never got answered. Since, you know, I'm Eduren now and in no way Argembarger:

Eduren: If you were scum and your scum buddy was lurking what would you do and why?
After that, to each of you, ask at least one useful question to anyone in the game.

I don't think it would affect anything for me, because lurking doesn't seem very detrimental to scum.
That said, Mish, it's been a few days. And your only contribution was to not contribute and attack MBP for not contributing. It doesn't help that MBP also seems to be lurking pretty hard as well.

I'm not sure which one of you seems scummier to me, but I'm going to have to lean MBP on the grounds that Mish is (ever so slightly) more active than you, and you haven't actually responded to Mish's post. Also, it seems risky for scum to bring attention to lurking scum, so I feel like that clears Mish a little bit compared to you.

People saying they're gon' update "later tonight" but then don't? Shameful.

If nothing else, consider this vote and FOS a formal request (for both of you) to check in and say hello.

Oh, I guess my useful question would be, Mish, what do you think should happen to lurkers with no explanation? Policy-lynch because they are likely scum? That seems to be the general vibe around here, do you agree, y/n?
Lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers lurkers.
You say lurking isn't detrimental to scum, then make all of your FoSes/Votes based on lurking.
Don't do a Zathras, please?

On lynching lurkers: I say do it if we have no other leads.  Right now we have leads all over the place.  We have people to lynch before lurkers.  We shouldn't give them a free pass, but I don't think they would be a good lynch right now.
Eduren, what have you contributed to this game?

My awesome, superior past self? Not too much, I guess, since he ended up becoming the highly inferior version you now see before you.

But my trawling and reading through the thread multiple times revealed speculation on the nature of the game, roles and spore spreaders and some solid, rational scumhunting. And then a bunch of inactivity. And then leaving. And then I show up!

But basically, when Eduren did post, it was helpful, constructive posts.

Anyway, everyone's dogpiling Pandar, so while we wait for him to come back and defend himself or get lynched on Monday or whatever, I shall use this time to analyze/flush out some lurkers. I feel like there's gotta be scum hidden back there.

AKA Mish & MBP, why should I suspect the other over you?
It's not like voting Pandar is going to hammer him.  You seem to be glossing over this entire Zathras Pandarsenic thing.  I don't like it.  It's still this lurker stuff.

What are your views on Pandar/Zathras?  How could Pandar defend himself well enough to convince you of him not being scum?

Hm. Why so sure?
Kamina. Not sure, since Jokerman wrote the flavor. We'll see tomorrow.

Do you have anything to say other than 'Well, this person looks scummy.  I'm just going to sit here and apply no pressure.'  Seriously, you're still voting me, but have done nothing to pressure me.  Would you care to reiterate your case?
And please don't do thing you did with Janus.  That thing was one big pile of useless.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66