Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229313 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17
« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »

I don't believe you. You didn't procrastinate to throw crap at JTF and KaminaSquirtle when the opportunity arose. Your explanation is inconsistent with how you have acted.
It's weird you should say this, because I did.  For instance, I made this post at a bit past midnight, and this one at 3am.  In other words, as late as possible... so procrastinating.

I'm Leafsnail. I posted pretty frequently right up until Zathras said he blocked Pandarsenic. Look at my posts for Day 2! (Up to where I claim I was "procrastinating".) #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10

Man, I was pretty active right up until that point! I was posting several times a day. I wonder what happened? Now I'm interested in posting again, for some confusing reason. It almost certainly has nothing to do with Jim Groovester calling me out on my silence about Pandarsenic or me defending myself about it.

Argument fail. JTF hasn't been online to post about it.
Which makes him town...?

Don't be retarded. If JTF isn't available to post, then it's not suspicious for him to be quiet. He has an excuse.

If we're going to make this about who commented on what when, he beat you to Pandarsenic by several days, before he went missing. I dunno, Leafsnail, even in his absence he's doing better than you.

KaminaSquirtle is active and interested in finding scum. You are not. He is town, you are scum.
:o

Seriously?  The guy who defends Pandarsenic until the last possible moment then "Oh wait lol he needs to get lynched" and who was and is dropping blatant newbscum tells... is town?

Fucking hell.

Yep.

Bullshit chainsaw defense accusations don't really mean much to active and interested participation and contributions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

I'm Leafsnail. I posted pretty frequently right up until Zathras said he blocked Pandarsenic. Look at my posts for Day 2! (Up to where I claim I was "procrastinating".) #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10
Included among those are two at two in the morning, one at 3 in the morning.  Which basically shows that, as I say, I sometimes procrastinate until the last minute to post.

Don't be retarded. If JTF isn't available to post, then it's not suspicious for him to be quiet. He has an excuse.

If we're going to make this about who commented on what when, he beat you to Pandarsenic by several days, before he went missing. I dunno, Leafsnail, even in his absence he's doing better than you.
He "beat me to Pandarsenic" in the sense that "He randomly pokes people very gently on a regular cycle".

Yep.

Bullshit chainsaw defense accusations don't really mean much to active and interested participation and contributions.
Ok, you're scum.  Good to know.

We have a full team: Pandarsenic, Janus, KaminaSquirtle and Jim.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 21, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

KaminaSquirtle is active and interested in finding scum. You are not. He is town, you are scum.
:o

Seriously?  The guy who defends Pandarsenic until the last possible moment then "Oh wait lol he needs to get lynched" and who was and is dropping blatant newbscum tells... is town?

Fucking hell.
I said on multiple occasions that I THOUGHT PANDAR WAS SCUM.  I WAS NOT DEFENDING HIM.  HOW DO YOU NOT GET THIS?
I figured that killing an exterminator before a dopp was a good idea.
When I realized we could test whether Zath was an exterminator for sure, then I decided it would be better to lynch the dopp, then see if Zath an exterminator.
What the hell is scummy about that?
Definition of chainsaw defence: attacking someone's attackers in order to try and lessen the chance of them being lynched, while at the same time remaining disconnected from them.

In this case, you also did as much as you could to press a Zathras lynch, blindly following (buddying?) Jim.  You seem to be saying "Pandarsenic is a dopp, but we should ignore him".  Oh, and the whole operativelol  deal (presumably to try and get rid of a strong town PR).
Yet Zathras was looking scummy as hell in his own right.  He wasn't really attacking Pandar at all.  He voted him, but that was to get himself not lynched.
It's not a chainsaw.  It's finding someone scummy, and pressing them on that.  Every time I find something scummy, it's a chainsaw.  Every time I don't, it's a waffling and not finding anyone suspicious.

I am in favor of a Pandar lynch.  I would not have prostested his lynch, ever.
I just thought it would be a better idea to lynch an exterminator than a dopp.  It is a better idea.  I had not realized that we could test whether Zathras was a exterminator.  So, we should do that, unless he refuses, in which he better have a damn good reason, or he gets my vote.

The operative deal was perfectly legitimate.  There is no reason there couldn't be an exterminator operator and an exterminator.  It's still a possbility.
I just want you lynched, BECAUSE you're scum, and have been ridiculously obvious for ages.
Then why do so many other players disagree with you on that, if it's so obvious?
You refuse to show why I'm scum, yet you find me so much scum that you seem unable to attack anyone but JTF and I.

Oh wait, I get how you think!  Isn't it something like this?

Look at Leafsnail.  He's obviously chainsawing Jim and I, to defend Zathras.  He's such obvious scum.  I can't believe that JTF bullshit he keeps pulling.

You want to know why I want you lynched?  Because you're SUCH OBVIOUS SCUM, HOW CAN NO ONE ELSE SEE IT?
I'M GOING TO TUNNEL YOU FOR THE REST OF THE GAME!

Oh, this is so much fun!  Let's keep going!
Included among those are two at two in the morning, one at 3 in the morning.  Which basically shows that, as I say, I sometimes procrastinate until the last minute to post.
Good to know you're scum, Leafsnail.

Look, I have a full team: Leafsnail, Pandarsenic, Zathras, and whoever agrees with Leafsnail or disagrees with me next.

This concludes our presentation on Leafsnail's scumhunting techniques.
We hope you enjoyed the show.
© 2010 Bullshit Productions LLC

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2010, 06:34:39 pm »

It shows that you post freely throughout the day as you are able until something comes up that you don't want to talk about, at which point you clam up.

The only reason Pandarsenic would be an uncomfortable topic for you is if you and he are partners and you don't want to incriminate yourselves by interacting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 21, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »

I said on multiple occasions that I THOUGHT PANDAR WAS SCUM.  I WAS NOT DEFENDING HIM.  HOW DO YOU NOT GET THIS?
You were trying to stop him getting lynched.  Maybe he has a role that will be useful tonight, maybe you wanted to lynch a town PR, or maybe you just wanted to waste a town lynch.

I figured that killing an exterminator before a dopp was a good idea.
When I realized we could test whether Zath was an exterminator for sure, then I decided it would be better to lynch the dopp, then see if Zath an exterminator.
What the hell is scummy about that?
The part where you try to stop a dopp getting lynched, instead preferring to lynch someone who has a possibility of being an alien?

Yet Zathras was looking scummy as hell in his own right.  He wasn't really attacking Pandar at all.  He voted him, but that was to get himself not lynched.
It's not a chainsaw.  It's finding someone scummy, and pressing them on that.  Every time I find something scummy, it's a chainsaw.  Every time I don't, it's a waffling and not finding anyone suspicious.
No, it's a chainsaw when you use it as a reason to try and save a dopp from being lynched.  As in, someone even you agree is a dopp.

The operative deal was perfectly legitimate.  There is no reason there couldn't be an exterminator operator and an exterminator.  It's still a possbility.
Actually, now Pandarsenic has said that he was wrapped by chains, it's extremely unlikely.  Just like it always was.

Then why do so many other players disagree with you on that, if it's so obvious?
You refuse to show why I'm scum, yet you find me so much scum that you seem unable to attack anyone but JTF and I.
I have been saying why ALL FUCKING GAME.  If other people can't see it, that's their problem.

The rest is taking idiotic bits that don't apply and chucking them together.

It shows that you post freely throughout the day as you are able until something comes up that you don't want to talk about, at which point you clam up.

The only reason Pandarsenic would be an uncomfortable topic for you is if you and he are partners and you don't want to incriminate yourselves by interacting.
There were several other days, even on that list, where I "clammed up", and didn't make a post until late.

Basically, I try to make a post every day (and perhaps some chain responses), but procrastination means that it's sometimes close to the end of the day.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2010, 07:02:57 pm »

Actually, now Pandarsenic has said that he was wrapped by chains, it's extremely unlikely.  Just like it always was.

Pandarsenic never said he was wrapped in chains, scumbucket.

At least not in the main thread. Can't say what's going on in scum chat.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 21, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »

Eh, misread his post where he unvoted.

And I still think Jokerman should be able to clarify.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2010, 09:12:02 pm »

Regarding being blocked, I've no night action, but received a PM about feeling dizzy then sleeping. I assumed it was the thing that blocks everyone or something initially, but seeing the deaths I figured Jokerman-EXE was just a bit fuzzy on how the Warden flavor works or something. It's fully possible there are two wardens, that the Dopps attempted to kill someone unable to be killed (possibly even crashing against the Exterminator's shield), etc.

I'm not sure how you misread that as being wrapped in chains...
He didn't unvote anyone in that post, either... He just voted KaminaSquirtle...

Unless you're referring to a different post, but I went through all of Pandar's Day 2 posts, and except for that one, it's basically all useless herp derp.

How does Jokerman's flavor come into it? It may not be 100% consistent, but did Meph make any overt corrections or clarifications after the fact? If he didn't, the flavor must have been acceptable.

Right now, it looks like they caught you in a lie, Leafsnail. Please elaborate.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:11 pm »

Argembarger, Leafsnail is referring to this post:

Whoo, managed to tell the girl I'm derp for how I feel without screwing up our friendship.

And yeah, don't lynch Zathras - on further thought it was probably just a mistake by Jow.

Fun fact: You can call me a lurker all you want but I've posted more than several players. D:<

Unvote.

Still no mention of chains. So it's a pretty damn curious thing Leafsnail said. Not necessarily damning, but depending on how much of a hardass you want to be with Leafsnail you could easily say that he just revealed guilty knowledge.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »

Ah, I see. That post wasn't in the LurkerTracker.

This is pretty interesting though; something to be hashed out in greater detail tomorrow?
I can see it now.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 21, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »

You were trying to stop him getting lynched.  Maybe he has a role that will be useful tonight, maybe you wanted to lynch a town PR, or maybe you just wanted to waste a town lynch.
This is because I thought, and still think, that Zathras is Exterminator.  I was convinced of this fact.  Once I saw that we could tell for sure, however, I figured it would be a good idea to test it before we lynched it.  The second I realized this, I decided to change my vote Pandar.
The part where you try to stop a dopp getting lynched, instead preferring to lynch someone who has a possibility of being an alien?
Not just any alien, the exterminator.  And I think it's more than a possibility.  If he doesn't comply with our plan, then I'll be 100% sure of him being scum.  In fact if he refuses, and doesn't have a damn good reason, then my vote goes back on him.
No, it's a chainsaw when you use it as a reason to try and save a dopp from being lynched.  As in, someone even you agree is a dopp.
I wasn't trying to save him.  I was trying to lynch a higher priority target.
Are you having trouble understanding I believe Zathras to be exterminator?
Wait a second...
I have been saying why ALL FUCKING GAME.  If other people can't see it, that's their problem.

The rest is taking idiotic bits that don't apply and chucking them together.
Yep.  You have.  You've been tunneling me.  I don't think your case on me is good enough.

BS.  There is no possible way you could have misread it that way.  Point to the exact lines where you thought he said that.
You've just dropped quite a big tell here.  I'm willing to bet Pandar told you that he said that, but then forgot to actually do it.
The question then becomes: Why would Pandar defend Zathras?
Wait... Zath only said he knew that Pandar was rbed, right?  What's stopping him from saying that after Pandar told him in the scumchat, to avoid suspicion?
Which means Zath is dopp, not Exterminator.  And that also explains why he didn't know what was in the blocking pm, since he didn't get it.
Yes!  It's all falling into place now.  Pandar, Zath, and Leaf are three of our scum team.  This also explains why Leaf wants Zath to survive so badly.
Still no mention of chains. So it's a pretty damn curious thing Leafsnail said. Not necessarily damning, but depending on how much of a hardass you want to be with Leafsnail you could easily say that he just revealed guilty knowledge.
He's being a ridiculous hardass.
If you can't take it, don't dish it out, Leafsnail.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

BS.  There is no possible way you could have misread it that way.  Point to the exact lines where you thought he said that.
You've just dropped quite a big tell here.  I'm willing to bet Pandar told you that he said that, but then forgot to actually do it.
The question then becomes: Why would Pandar defend Zathras?
Wait... Zath only said he knew that Pandar was rbed, right?  What's stopping him from saying that after Pandar told him in the scumchat, to avoid suspicion?
Which means Zath is dopp, not Exterminator.  And that also explains why he didn't know what was in the blocking pm, since he didn't get it.
Yes!  It's all falling into place now.  Pandar, Zath, and Leaf are three of our scum team.  This also explains why Leaf wants Zath to survive so badly.

This doesn't make much sense, honestly. You're accusing Zathras of bussing Pandarsenic  because...? I can't think of any compelling reason for a Zathras/Pandarsenic scum team to do that, since neither of them were under serious suspicion.

J-EXE is not going to be talking about the flavor that he wrote for people's PMs last night because he would be essentially confirming people's roles.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 21, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »

This doesn't make much sense, honestly. You're accusing Zathras of bussing Pandarsenic  because...? I can't think of any compelling reason for a Zathras/Pandarsenic scum team to do that, since neither of them were under serious suspicion.
I guess I slipped into speculation and forgot that Pandar wasn't under serious suspicion until after the claim by Zath.
Disregard, then...
I'm such an idiot.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2010, 11:11:07 pm »

Would anyone object to a day-shortening? This all feels like Day 3 discussion to me.

Let Pandar hang.

Day Shorten request
I can see it now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:54 pm »

No, let's not shorten the day. If you've got stuff to bring up you might as well do it now. If you don't get answers bring it up on Day 3.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66