Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230025 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement Needed
« Reply #450 on: November 19, 2010, 03:05:37 pm »

Also Joker/Meph:  You have me voting for both Kamina and Pandar.  While I wish I could vote both of them, I'm currently voting Kamina.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #451 on: November 19, 2010, 03:08:58 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail, Mr.Person
KaminaSquirtle: Ottofar, Toaster
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Mish
Ottofar: KaminaSquirtle, webadict
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoFace, Zathras
Zathras: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:14:23 pm by Jokerman-EXE »
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 19, 2010, 03:10:23 pm »

Please prod Eduren as well.  He hasn't posted since day start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 19, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 19, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

Okay, I'm sorry about not being able to play. Actually having a life takes up more time than I thought.

Requesting a replacement.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2010, 03:56:44 pm »

Yeah. Fuck. I got to reply #227. I was listing all of Janus' posts. Suddenly: the damn browser crashes. It's 12pm here. I'm not going to do it again. Anyways, in short, Janus was driving the policy lynch, but it didn't work out. He wouldn't back off, because someone could've said he just wanted to get a free lynch. Then he gets SHAD0W and Cript to vote for, and argues with Cript about the amount of the Org-concerning posts. Also, he was too friendly with Kamina, which is also suspicious.

Anyways I redo the damn post tomorrow. Good Night.

Also, eight new replies.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 19, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »

Anyways I redo the damn post tomorrow. Good Night.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacements Needed
« Reply #457 on: November 19, 2010, 07:22:34 pm »

@Ottofar: Damnit, I can't even remember what policy lynch you're talking about anymore. Ugh. I'll have to go look back on that.

@Janus: Screw up more. Seriously, there's so little wrong with you it's actually kind of weird. Oh well. Feelings do not make reasons for lynching.Unvote.

Vote Pandarsenic
. There's pretty much nothing he could claim at this point that'd change my mind. Yeah yeah, bandwagon, I just happen to know that a lurking Pand is a scum Pand. It's all very meta. Combined with the claim, it's enough evidence for me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2010, 07:25:32 pm »

Actually Janus, you and me having a miscommunication. Leafsnail's trying to get the player he thinks is scummy lynched. I want to know why that's scummy. You've said "Tunneling". I've responded with "Tunneling isn't scummy". You said "Yeah it is". We've had a bit of a miscommunication. When I say "tunneling", I thought you meant "trying to get another player lynched" or perhaps "attacking another player for minor shit". What you actually meant was "attack another player in the face of dissuading evidence". There is no dissuading evidence for Leafsnail to ignore.
Say what now?  You specifically said tunneling:

Really now, tunneling became scummy? When did that happen? Last I checked, tunneling was a towny action to lynch a player he/she is sure is scum, or if you're ToonyMan, to put pressure on that player so you can figure out that player's alignment.

And I still think that Leafsnail is tunneling strictly by the definition I gave.  He's focussed on getting one/two players lynched without actually looking at evidence.

We have a different definition of tunneling. I was thinking more like "Toony Tunneling" while you were using tunneling in a way I've never heard it used for.

What evidence would Leafsnail be ignoring, then?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 19, 2010, 07:26:16 pm »

Webadict:
Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.
I suppose then I didn't. But now I'm gonna have to make up for that.
And yet, you didn't. It's after Tuesday, and you're still not playing your town game. I still think you scummy.
So, you think I'm suspicious for not playing in a manner you're accustomed to? That's a crying shame. I'll play how I want, really.

You do that -- play how you want, I'll vote who I want; your play is scummy and noncommittal. You are scum.

Pandarsenic:
Pandarsenic:
You've been activelurking the entire game. Posting, but not doing any hunting. What are your interpretations of the night's happenings and flavour? Who are your top scummy picks? What are your current reads on Leafsnail, Kamina and Toaster?

Baldrick has a plan is a pretty cool guy, eh hunts solely lrukers so he doesn't have to actually analyze people's content and doesn't afraid of anything,

I note that you didn't answer the question. Once again, you have done zero hunting the entire game. The question was important, the dopps didn't kill last night, and you seem to have no opinion on the matter. Although it is probably too early in the game to start poking into roles and actions, my limited time on line leaves me little choice: I know for a fact you were roleblocked last night. And the dopps didn't kill. Curious, yes? Feel like fakeclaiming something?

However, this point, curiously made by both of them, is accurate:

Also, does it really bother nobody that Zathras isn't analyzing anyone who's actually posting frequently on account of his "All Lurkers, All the Time" polcy?

Quote from: webadict
But, since we're talking about playstyles, you've forgotten who's playing twice, you're attacking lurkers, and then you're lurking, which means you're scum. Clearly, you'll have to vote yourself for not playing your usual town game. Dur.

Yes. It pains me to say that I have been unusually busy this week, and it will likely continue for at least another week or more. With that in mind, I see no choice but to ask Mephansteras: I need a replacement, please.

It saddens me this is the case, as I had been waiting a long time for this game, however I do not at the moment have enough time to do it justice, so it would only be fair for someone else to step in. I will continue to play as opportunity allows until a replacement is found. Sorry guys, some times real life does interfere.

orite actual questions. I forgot those.

It's obvious, as we've established, that one was Exterminated and one was either Vig'd or Morningkill'd. Lacking an actual statement from the mod (that I've seen), I'm going to assume that it was a Vig, not an assassin bot.

Lensfail: He's working particular people and I see nothing especially bad about that - as long as he actually looks at the evidence he finds, the dissuading evidence, and the other people, he's doing something totally okay. Do YOU think there's something I should be thinking about him?

KaminaSquirtle: A mix of scumtell/nubtells, Spasticness, and what I'd have said is a NON-scumtell OMGUS. An OMGUS is most suspicious when it's hesitant. However, he IMMEDIATELY drops it when called on it... then puts an OMGUS on Ottofar. He then goes "Hey, ALL LURKERS ALL THE TIME works for Zathras, I should try it since I can't seem to actually make good attacks on players who do things!"

Toaster: He finds it suspicious that I was worried about being buddied by Criptfeind (though it amounted to nothing)? Also, I've called him out on his All Lurkers All the Time bullshit before he attacked me, haven't I?

Regarding being blocked, I've no night action, but received a PM about feeling dizzy then sleeping. I assumed it was the thing that blocks everyone or something initially, but seeing the deaths I figured Jokerman-EXE was just a bit fuzzy on how the Warden flavor works or something. It's fully possible there are two wardens, that the Dopps attempted to kill someone unable to be killed (possibly even crashing against the Exterminator's shield), etc.

If he claims he is not the Warden in question, and that he was told by someone else, that opens up even more possibilities (he's scum with them; he's scum who is "protecting someone's identity" and thus won't finger his source until I flip town, then he gets two townies lynched and perhaps even is an Advanced Dopp who'll replace someone at that point; he's gullible town being lied to by scum who wants him to take the fallout; etc.)
In other words, it's a bunch of WIFOM in the end anyway.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 19, 2010, 07:42:53 pm »

Do you want people to lurk?
Oh... yes, I forgot.  We're playing "vote of the people who post least", aren't we?  How silly.  I'll just blindly vote the person with the least posts and...

Oh wait, no, we're playing mafia.  A game where the aim is to FIND AND LYNCH THE FUCKING SCUM.

I'm obviously Janus's partner!
Got it.

Bullshit appeal to authority.
Uhuh.  In any case, it says nothing about scummy, and doesn't even seem to apply to this case at all, since you're both blindingly obvious scum.

If I knew for sure, then I'd be doing everything in my power to make sure they were lynched. It's not my job to tell you who to attack. If you're town, do your own scumhunting. If you're scum, don't so we can lynch you all the easier.
So... you're doing absolutely nothing, other than making a ridiculously vague attack on me for actually FUCKING DOING SOMETHING?

Extension since JanusTwoFace isn't being lynched yet.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 19, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »

Extension since JanusTwoFace isn't being lynched yet.

What, through Monday isn't enough time for you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »

Wait actually, Janus. When I said "If you thought SHAD0Wdump was scum, would you of done everything in your power to get him lynched?", I was speaking in hypotheticals.

So let's say you think that I'm scum. Would you do everything in your power to get me lynched?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 19, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »

Argembarger is replacing Eduren.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacement Needed
« Reply #464 on: November 19, 2010, 11:30:20 pm »

Zathras/Zathras' Replacement, since you're willing to reveal that Pandarsenic was roleblocked, what was the nature of the roleblock?

Pandarsenic, why do you assume that the flavor is erroneous? I don't think Meph would let something like that happen.

@Janus: Screw up more. Seriously, there's so little wrong with you it's actually kind of weird. Oh well. Feelings do not make reasons for lynching.Unvote.

Why did you vote JTF in the first place, then?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 66