Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229324 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 hates the government
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2010, 04:04:09 pm »

I see nothing against it in the rules, so here is the full conversation:

This is enough confirmation for me.

Unvote.

You're up, Zathras. Let's hear what you did last night, because your head's on the chopping block unless you have a plausible explanation for why you decided to not follow the easy path to confirmation that was laid out for you or a plausible explanation of the night's events.
I'm curious as to how you jumped to conclusions so fast.  Perhaps you have some kind of communication channel with obvscum JanusTwoFace, the other person who was suggested to be blocked?

What are you talking about?

Whatever.

Leafsnail. You knew it was Psychic Warden block way yesterday when you read about it in obvscum chat.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #601 on: November 26, 2010, 05:31:02 pm »

You're up, Zathras. Let's hear what you did last night, because your head's on the chopping block unless you have a plausible explanation for why you decided to not follow the easy path to confirmation that was laid out for you or a plausible explanation of the night's events.

In the meantime, Leafsnail is still scum.
Who could you possibly know that?  You could know that he didn't block you, but he could easily have blocked me or someone else which was his plan for much of yesterday (still not a great plan IMO, but it does seem to be what happened).

And why are you voting him?  Particularly if you think that Leafsnail is still scum?  Something happened that prevented a second kill last night, so if we actually have an Exterminator about then he either didn't attack or got stopped somehow.  Either that, or we completely misread what is going on here.

I'm curious as to how you jumped to conclusions so fast.  Perhaps you have some kind of communication channel with obvscum JanusTwoFace, the other person who was suggested to be blocked?
You're crazy, you know that right? You're so completely wrong about me, but you can't stop now can you?  Unfortunately, you're right about this, something feels off here.

Ottofar is my number 1 suspect.  He completely ignored all of the interesting bits of yesterday except to say that Pandarsenic was innocent (wrong) and that Zathras is probably an Alien (wrong, unless he convinced KaminaSquirtle to work with him).  Care to try again?

Webadict: I'm curious on your views of what's going on.  Three questions in particular: 
- What do you think of Leafsnail?
- Why do you think there were two kills N1 and one kill N2?
- In your experience with Jim Groovester, what's the craziest gambit you've seen him try?

Mish: You've been lurking hardcore.  The most recent post really on seems to be because people will prodding you to post, so you did, nothing more.  That is not shiny.  Play the game.

Mysteriousbluepuppet: Also lurking. You've been posting other places on the forums though, so it's even worse. Post something worthwhile please.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 26, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Whatever.

Leafsnail. You knew it was Psychic Warden block way yesterday when you read about it in obvscum chat.
???

Zathras said he would block you or JTF.

You somehow managed to vote him immediately, "knowing" he didn't block you or JTF (somehow).

The last part of your post makes no fucking sense.  What the hell are you talking about?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #603 on: November 26, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

Huh.  Somehow I completely missed Jim's post right before my own (on it's own page maybe?  I'm not sure).  Anyways, you still need to answer both questions:
- Why did you vote Zathras?
- How could you know that Zathras didn't follow the plan?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 26, 2010, 06:54:07 pm »

Huh.  Somehow I completely missed Jim's post right before my own (on it's own page maybe?  I'm not sure).  Anyways, you still need to answer both questions:
- Why did you vote Zathras?
- How could you know that Zathras didn't follow the plan?

I'll get to the first question after I answer the second, since that helps in explaining the answer to the first question.

I didn't know whether or not Zathras had or had not followed the plan. I assumed he wasn't going to because he said as much yesterday, about how his power wasn't meant to be dicking around doing nothing blah blah blah blah and you remember him talking about that, right?

This made me pretty damn suspicious of him, and made me expect that he'd try to fakeclaim something. So then when the day finally came around, there was no Exterminator kill, and since I suspected him of being the Exterminator, I was half-expecting that Zathras was going to claim that he blocked the Exterminator which would have been ridiculous and would have clinched it that he was a lying fakeclaimer who should be lynched immediately. So I came out swinging today.

Basically, I assumed he was scum unless he (or anyone else) could prove otherwise. The PMs between him and KaminaSquirtle are enough for me.

I probably could have waited for this information to come out on its own if I didn't want to make a fool of myself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2010, 07:01:42 pm »

Whatever.

???

Zathras said he would block you or JTF.

You somehow managed to vote him immediately, "knowing" he didn't block you or JTF (somehow).

The last part of your post makes no fucking sense.  What the hell are you talking about?
Haha, the irony here is delicious.
You both accuse for something related to scumchat, and both don't get what the other is talking about.
Jim means that you knew in advance that it was a warden block because you heard that it was from Pandar in the scumchat.

As for my suspicions, Ottofar and Leafsnail top the list for me.  Mish and MBP's lurking has me worried though.  If they don't come out of the woodwork and start contributing soon, my vote will shift to one of them.

Ottofar is my vote for now, as there a possibility that Leafsnail is just raging townie who is absolutely convinced that JTF and I are scum.
Speaking of that, do you still think I'm scum after what happened last night with Zathras, Leafsnail?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2010, 07:04:13 pm »

Oh hey, it's day 3.

Lurkers best stop lurking, soon.

Also: This was a dopp kill, right?
What happened to the exterminator?

The flavor is almost certainly dopp, what with the blood-trail-leading-out-the-window thing.

The rules do not specify whether or not the Exterminator is required to kill every night. Did the Exterminator just take a no-kill night? If so, how often can that happen?

Unless, the Exterminator DID get blocked, I suppose.

Hmm...
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »

The rules do not specify whether or not the Exterminator is required to kill every night. Did the Exterminator just take a no-kill night? If so, how often can that happen?

Hmm...
He could have.  But I see no reason for him to have done so.

I think he was blocked.  Anyone other than Zathras who blocked last night better claim.

And before anyone suggests I'm the exterminator because I was blocked, you better explain why I was so eager to post that PM, and why I went along with Zathras's plan, among other things.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »

That wouldn't make sense anyway, because Exterminators have natural Mind Shields, so the Psychic Warden would have no effect.

The Exterminator would have had to get blocked in a more physical sense.

But, are you sure the Exterminator is allowed to have a no-kill option? The rules make them seem a little more like an Overeager Vigilante, where they MUST choose to kill.

I'd like some clarification before I think this through much further.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2010, 07:17:00 pm »

Hmm...

It's unlikely the Exterminator was blocked, since he has a Mind Shield by default. So if he was blocked, then it would have to be by a Stun Orb, but what are the chances of an alien blocking another alien? Pretty slim, I think.

So, more likely, the kill was prevented by other means, like a Guardian picking his target well.

The Exterminator is not required to kill every night. The dopps are required to kill somebody after two nights without a kill.

PPE: You people talk too fast.

And before anyone suggests I'm the exterminator because I was blocked, you better explain why I was so eager to post that PM, and why I went along with Zathras's plan, among other things.

Why are you preemptively defending yourself from an accusation that nobody has leveled against you? You could have had that PM exchange to fool everybody, for all I know.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »

Why are you preemptively defending yourself from an accusation that nobody has leveled against you? You could have had that PM exchange to fool everybody, for all I know.
Because that's how everyone found Pandar, and because I didn't know that exterminators have natural mind shields.
What with Leafsnail hating on me as much as he can, I figured that's what he would claim next.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:01 pm »

See, this is why I think you're scum.

Zathras as scum doesn't really make any sense.  As a doppelganger, he bussed his partner and rendered his ability basically useless for the rest of the game.  As an alien, he chose a terrible tech choices and basically committed suicide (trading himself one for one with a doppelganger even though the dopps have more members than the aliens).

And yet you still try to cling on to the idea of lynching someone who's almost certainly a fairly powerful town role.

You both accuse for something related to scumchat, and both don't get what the other is talking about.
Jim means that you knew in advance that it was a warden block because you heard that it was from Pandar in the scumchat.
I have no idea what you mean.  I explained the slight mistake I made yesterday, and noone's taken issue with that explanation.  If you want to, go ahead.

Ottofar is my vote for now, as there a possibility that Leafsnail is just raging townie who is absolutely convinced that JTF and I are scum.
Speaking of that, do you still think I'm scum after what happened last night with Zathras, Leafsnail?
Well, you gave out sensitive role information to someone you thought was scum (and now to the town).  Perfectly logical, right?

And I'm not claiming you're the exterminator, because the exterminator has a mind shield.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2010, 07:45:13 pm »

I have no idea what you mean.  I explained the slight mistake I made yesterday, and noone's taken issue with that explanation.  If you want to, go ahead.
I'm just saying what Jim said, seeing as you said it made no sense.  I think I may have misinterpreted you.
Well, you gave out sensitive role information to someone you thought was scum (and now to the town).  Perfectly logical, right?

And I'm not claiming you're the exterminator, because the exterminator has a mind shield.
Sensitive role info?  All I said was that it wasn't that strong of a role.  I found the advantage of avoiding a possible mislynch greater than that of my role.  I see little sensitive about that.

That was before I knew about the mind shield thing, it makes no sense now that I know that.
I'd still like to know whether you still find me dopp, though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2010, 07:52:12 pm »

See, this is why I think you're scum.

Zathras as scum doesn't really make any sense.  As a doppelganger, he bussed his partner and rendered his ability basically useless for the rest of the game.  As an alien, he chose a terrible tech choices and basically committed suicide (trading himself one for one with a doppelganger even though the dopps have more members than the aliens).

And yet you still try to cling on to the idea of lynching someone who's almost certainly a fairly powerful town role.

You're a dumbass.

I mean, my fucking goodness, do you really think I was seriously considering that as a likely possibility?

I know it doesn't make sense, you peanutbrained isle-dwelling bottomfeeder, but I think it's odd nonetheless that KaminaSquirtle is going out of his way to deny an accusation before it appears.

My interest in the scenario is piqued but I still don't think it's very likely, which is why my vote is on you and not on them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 26, 2010, 07:55:56 pm »

You're a dumbass.

I mean, my fucking goodness, do you really think I was seriously considering that as a likely possibility?

I know it doesn't make sense, you peanutbrained isle-dwelling bottomfeeder, but I think it's odd nonetheless that KaminaSquirtle is going out of his way to deny an accusation before it appears.

My interest in the scenario is piqued but I still don't think it's very likely, which is why my vote is on you and not on them.
Hmm... what was it you said yesterday again?
Why did you flip the fuck out over it in the first place?

Blah blah overreactions are scummy blah blah.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66