Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229301 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17
« Reply #570 on: November 22, 2010, 11:45:47 am »

Well.

I guess Pandar might be a dopp. Not too sure.

Zathras, as stated, is probably an alien.

I'm gonna go sleep.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #571 on: November 22, 2010, 12:23:42 pm »

You're sure that Zathras is an alien but not sure that Pandarsenic is a dopp? Seriously? I could give you some slack if you actually bothered to explain yourself, but this is just wrong.

Wish I had another bot. :(
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 22, 2010, 12:32:28 pm »

Well, worked myself up into a bit of a rage yesterday.  I'll try and calm down.

Argembarger, Leafsnail is referring to this post:

Still no mention of chains. So it's a pretty damn curious thing Leafsnail said. Not necessarily damning, but depending on how much of a hardass you want to be with Leafsnail you could easily say that he just revealed guilty knowledge.
Actually, yeah, this does require an explanation.  This is what the post actually says:

Whoo, managed to tell the girl I'm derp for how I feel without screwing up our friendship.

And yeah, don't lynch Zathras - on further thought it was probably just a mistake by Jow.

Fun fact: You can call me a lurker all you want but I've posted more than several players. D:<

Unvote.

This is what I read:

Whoo, managed to tell the girl I'm derp for how I feel without screwing up our friendship.

And yeah, don't lynch Zathras - on further thought it was just a mistake by Jow.

Fun fact: You can call me a lurker all you want but I've posted more than several players. D:<

Unvote.
In other words, I thought it was "I asked Jokerman, and he said it was just a mistake", and thus assumed that invisible chains was the correct flavour.

By the way, when I say "Jokerman should be able to correct it" I mean "Jokerman should be able to correct it in a pm to Pandarsenic".  Sorry for not making that clear either.

Leafsnail:  Please restate your case on Janus.  Your Kamina case is clear enough, but your Janus case is murky.
Well, basically: active lurking.  If you look at most of his posts, you get a lot of text, a lot of lurker analysis, and a few questions, but basically no accusations.  Then there's yesterday, when he voted based on what appeared to be policy (he later denied it) and FoS'd a bunch of lurkers.  Attacking lurkers and lynching idiots is not going to win us the game.

Basically, he looks like scum who wants to avoid the bad parts of lurking (specifically, being lynched for it) while keeping the good parts (generally avoiding connections with other mafia members, not attracting much scrutiny).

Updating my most recent list in this post: Right now, I'd like to see Pandarsenic, Ottofar, and then Leafsnail lynched in that order.  All but the first are definitely subject to what happens between now and then.  Mr.Person just feels usual for him, but I don't have much more than gut instinct on that one.  Zathras can be bumped down a category pending confirmation as a Warden (see my previous (response to Mr.Person) and the second half of this one for why).
I'm confused.  If I'm in your top 3, why didn't you say anything against me in your previous post?

Incidentally, the warden choice needs to be at least semi-random, otherwise the dopps could be able to just kill the volunteer if they're town and leave more WIFOM.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #573 on: November 22, 2010, 12:34:09 pm »

Well.
I'm gonna go sleep.

wha...?

Otto. Just... Otto.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 22, 2010, 01:44:58 pm »

Well, worked myself up into a bit of a rage yesterday.  I'll try and calm down.

Why did you flip the fuck out over it in the first place?

Blah blah overreactions are scummy blah blah.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 22, 2010, 03:30:57 pm »

Well.

I'm gonna go sleep.

Have you even read the whole thread?  I wish I had another vote for you.

Leafsnail:  Fair enough.  Do you buy his scientist claim?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 22, 2010, 05:23:25 pm »

Why did you flip the fuck out over it in the first place?

Blah blah overreactions are scummy blah blah.
I got angry more over everyone ignoring scum, but hey.

Leafsnail:  Fair enough.  Do you buy his scientist claim?
I'm 99% sure he never made such a claim, although it's certainly possible.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 22, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

For testing Zathras, I'll volunteer to be Wardened. It actually makes sense. As some of you may have guessed by my target, I'm a Military Mad Scientist and I choose Assassin Bot (which I used on Org). Thus, I'm essentially a Vanilla Townie now, so Zathras can block me without worrying about potentially blocking someone with an active role that may not want to reveal as such. I'll still get the roleblocked flavor if he's telling the truth and actually is a Warden.

Pay attention, scumnuts.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »

Oh, I thought he meant Pandarsenic.

In which case it's a silly question, since he's demonstrated his ability.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »

JTF: You claimed Mad Scientist. Don't those have mind shields? Would a mind shield prevent the block from getting to you? Also, you make a fair point about PMs, I will consider it.

Others that have recommended I go with the volunteers: I hear you, but I would feel more comfortable if there were more than two to choose from, one of whom may have a mindshield. Does anyone else wish to volunteer?

Webadict:
[About Zathras] He's lying because he didn't bring this up when the Day started, which any Town-aligned player would've.
No, I was unsure about claiming, since if I could get him lynched without claiming, I wouldn't have to paint me as a target for the scum to kill. So I voted him and badgered him to answer questions; when he didn't, and it was clear I wouldn't have the time to press him until he cracked, I decided to claim the block. It was still pretty damned early in the day, though, wasn't it? I was in my second or third post of the day.

Quote from: webadict
Look back at Zathras. He's made several mentions to lurkers and gone after them. He's even gone so far as to use the LurkerTracker several times in order to back up his calling them out. Yes, Janus, they do need to play, but he's gone solely after them using their lurking as an excuse.
You are wilfully misrepresenting the facts: I spent the whole day one voting YOU, not lurkers. I've spent the whole day two voting Pandar, not lurkers, and fencing with Jim/JTF/etc. You are outright lying when you say I've "gone solely after them", and you know it. You know what liars are: scum.

In fact, since one vote less for Pandar won't make a difference: Unvote Pandar, Vote Webadict. You are scum.

About the LurkerTracker, well, it's cool, and useful, so why not? Also, I'll post one more before the end of the day. I know I posted one just recently, but the new features are too cool not to try them with real data.

Leafsnail:  Please restate your case on Janus.  Your Kamina case is clear enough, but your Janus case is murky.
Well, basically: active lurking.  If you look at most of his posts, you get a lot of text, a lot of lurker analysis, and a few questions, but basically no accusations.  Then there's yesterday, when he voted based on what appeared to be policy (he later denied it) and FoS'd a bunch of lurkers.  Attacking lurkers and lynching idiots is not going to win us the game.

Basically, he looks like scum who wants to avoid the bad parts of lurking (specifically, being lynched for it) while keeping the good parts (generally avoiding connections with other mafia members, not attracting much scrutiny).

Leafsnail: isn't this just as true, if not more so, of Webadict than of Janus?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2010, 05:40:13 pm »

Forgot to add: Webadict: if I block you tonight, will you admit it to the thread?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2010, 05:51:23 pm »

JTF doesn't get a mind shield automatically because he's a scientist. He might have one as an ability, because those are randomly distributed, but he can't make his own since he already picked his tech choice and demonstrated it.

But I don't think that means he can't confirm you even if he did.

MOD, players with mind shields are still made aware of the attempt to block them, correct?

Others that have recommended I go with the volunteers: I hear you, but I would feel more comfortable if there were more than two to choose from, one of whom may have a mindshield. Does anyone else wish to volunteer?

So what? So that you can 'block' the other member of your Exterminator team?

Block one of the two players who have already volunteered or you are scum. It's that simple.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2010, 05:52:48 pm »

MOD, players with mind shields are still made aware of the attempt to block them, correct?

They are aware that something targeted them and was nullified.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »

If he's an operative he could block twice, couldn't he?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:26 pm »

That's true, but that's not the point. We would damn well know it if we weren't blocked by a Psychic Warden. Especially tonight now that I've went and gone and thrown a fit about the flavor.

Him fishing for volunteers, or the right volunteer, when there are two available makes me incredibly suspicious that he's going to try to fake claim Psychic Warden. That would be easy, nigh trivial, with a two man Exterminator team.

So I don't want him blocking anybody else besides me or JTF. If anybody else volunteers, something is probably up.

Come on, scumface. You're not an idiot. Why am I explaining this to you?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66