Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230057 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement requested
« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2010, 08:00:48 am »

Alright, then. If Meph says Stun Orbs are Chainless, I can assume that Zathras is a Psychic Warden. I just don't want to take my chance, as that was both several games ago and with a Stun Bomb.

If that's the case, then Mish is likely the Exterminator. Now, if THAT'S the case, then we don't have to worry about the Exterminator, but if someone was protected from a kill last Night, then claiming it now would be nice.

Otherwise, I think it can be assumed to about a 99% accuracy that Mish is the Exterminator.

And the Medium thing was an aside. If there's no Medium, it can't be proven. Whatever.

The lylo thing is simply stating that we will be unable to lynch all scum should there be a mislynch and 2 town kills tonight. If that happens, we'll be unable to kill the Exterminator, unless Zathras can block a Dopp kill again, or there's a Guardian or Guard.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:25 am »

I like to see people squirm. and yeah, emotionnal response is a scummy sign if there is one.

For web, if there was a protect it was not my doing . Don't know how many guardian there is.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2010, 10:24:17 am »

Yeah sorry for not posting yesterday. Had about ten minutes, so yeah.

Toaster's been quite quiet.

I think I'm gonna vote Kamina, for early stuff, and now going to: "Yeah, I was wrong. Yeah, I'm an idiot"-phase.

... WHEN DID I CLAIM IT WAS LYLO!?!? ARE YOU AN IDIOT?!? GREATER AND MINOR DEITIES! YOUR BOILING STUPIDITIES BURNS MY EYES! THAT'S ALL THERE IS!

There's only so much I can take from you. You haven't looked at anything you've written.
This is where I thought I saw that.  You said you have to lynch scum.  I thought that was the definition of LYLO?
There's 3 Dopps and at least one anti-Town alien. That's 4+/11, meaning we have to lynch scum today. If we mislynch, this leads to 3 town deaths, with the possibility of a Scientist kill, leaving us with 4+/7-8.
I also forgot that at least one of the 4+ would be an alien.  So that dopps wouldn't win here.
And yes, I have been an idiot, thank you for pointing that out.
Calm down, kid. If anyone should be fuming, it's anyone that reads YOUR posts. It's like you hemorrhage incoherencies wherever possible.
You're right...
I need to reevaluate how these posts are coming out.
Instead of flipping your shit about it you could try pointing it out to webadict and asking questions calmly. When you overreact like you just did you invite such inconvenient questions like "Why the fuck do you care so much?" and "Why do you have to come rushing to Zathras' rescue every time somebody suspects him?"

When you keep doing this you two look joined at the hip, like you're in it together, like you share the same win condition, and that means you look an awfully lot like scum.

But fuck, KaminaSquirtle, people can determine whether or not a player is scummy independently of all other concerns. Why don't you quit flipping your shit about people not implying that you are scum when they suspect Zathras. I mean, if you and Zathras want to be forever together, you're doing a great job of dragging you two both down.
I didn't mean to flip my shit.

As long as wardens are the only ones who give the chain flavor, the only conclusion I can reach is Zathras being a warden, seeing as I got the chain flavor.

I need to reevaluate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 30, 2010, 10:43:51 am »

Leafsnail:
Leafsnail:
I mean, I might ask why, say, you're repeatedly defending JTF, who isn't remotely confirmed.  Or why you've been tunneling me constantly for the last 2 days.  But hey, whatever.
Why is it bad for him to tunnel you but OK for you to tunnel Janus and Jim?  Your hypocrisy is suspicious.
It's not a scumtell.  I'm pointing out his use of it as a reason why his entire case against me is bullshit (look at the quote I'm responding to).

How does that follow?  All I see is "It's OK for me but not for him!"

Janus:
Argembarger:  If you're so concerned about a tiebreaker, why aren't you pressing the people who are in the tie?  With your unvote, that's Otto and Leaf.
I'm pretty sure you've got that bass-ackwards. He said that there's an extension, so we have 24 more hours to worry about a tied vote.

He has more time, sure, but he's not using it to question either of them.

Webadict:
Hmm.  Zath's clearly not a dopp, and I tend to buy his warden claim.  I have trouble seeing a Kamina/Zath exty-op combo, so I'll have to ponder Kamina's case.  In the mean time...

Ottofar:
Well.
I guess Pandar might be a dopp. Not too sure.
Zathras, as stated, is probably an alien.
I'm gonna go sleep.
This post demands explanation.
While you're explaining it, please tell me if this explanation makes sense to you:  You're an Alien Survivor who used Pandar's obvscumminess as an opportunity to come out to the scum team so you can help them win at LYLO.

Mish hasn't posted since the 19th, and probably needs to be replaced.

MBP has no such excuse.  You're willfully ignoring this thread since you were just on the forum.  Get in here or die.
This continues why I believe you to be a Doppelganger. It's these subtle phrases you throw in. It unnerves me. Something about you just reeks of scum.

I believe you didn't say anything about me, either, while you were pointing out people that weren't here. Why is this?

I'm not sure what you mean by "subtle phrases" here.  As for the last question, see this post and my quoted one.  The four of you on that list I specifically wanted to hear from, and you had posted right then.  Otto gave his crap post, MBP posted nothing, and Mish is AWOL.  I didn't get back to your lack of posting until later.

Kamina:  Your line of attack is too heavy in WIFOM for my tastes.  The blanket answer to "Why would I do this as scum" is "So you could say you wouldn't do that as scum."  You wouldn't want to force a mislynch on Zath as that would almost certainly turn in to a lynch of you the next day.  You could help cement his claim today (giving you town cred) and then kill him off tonight.

Argembarger:  The traditional uses of a scum assassin bot is to use it right at LYLO to turn it into a scum win- the town usually uses it early before they get killed.  It's not a vindication of his alignment, but it does knock him down on the suspicion list a bit, at least.
For someone concerned about WIFOM, you pack it into this post.

The Assassin Bot is no longer as powerful as it was. It isn't a lylo breaker anymore. It is instead an extra kill now, because it's safer to use before you die. Why you're trying to protect Janus is odd, especially considering he can protect himself. You're implying he's town because scum would save it, which is WIFOM.

Hmmm, true re assassin bot.  I suppose you're right about the WIFOM.

There's 3 Dopps and at least one anti-Town alien. That's 4+/11, meaning we have to lynch scum today. If we mislynch, this leads to 3 town deaths, with the possibility of a Scientist kill, leaving us with 4+/7-8.

What makes you think there could be a Scientist?  There weren't grabs either of the first two nights.

Kamina:
Do you need more gas for that chainsaw?  You're using the hell out of it to defend Zathras.

If Ottofar wasn't being so useless, voting with very little reasoning, OMGUS-suspicion casting (hypocritically), and generally being unhelpful, I'd change my vote.

Otto, seriously, explain yourself better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:52 am »

I think I'm gonna vote Kamina, for early stuff, and now going to: "Yeah, I was wrong. Yeah, I'm an idiot"-phase.
I was being stupid though.  I'm not saying everything I thought was wrong.  I'm saying that I shouldn't be so aggressive so quickly.
Alright, then. If Meph says Stun Orbs are Chainless, I can assume that Zathras is a Psychic Warden. I just don't want to take my chance, as that was both several games ago and with a Stun Bomb.

If that's the case, then Mish is likely the Exterminator. Now, if THAT'S the case, then we don't have to worry about the Exterminator, but if someone was protected from a kill last Night, then claiming it now would be nice.

Otherwise, I think it can be assumed to about a 99% accuracy that Mish is the Exterminator.
Ok.  Mish being exterminator makes a lot of sense.  I wonder why Mish's absence/ the lack of exterminator kill+ hasn't been brought up before?
The lylo thing is simply stating that we will be unable to lynch all scum should there be a mislynch and 2 town kills tonight. If that happens, we'll be unable to kill the Exterminator, unless Zathras can block a Dopp kill again, or there's a Guardian or Guard.
Ok, that makes more sense.  So in that case we would have to hope for some exterminator/dopp crossfire.
Quote from: Toaster
Do you need more gas for that chainsaw?  You're using the hell out of it to defend Zathras.
It wasn't a chainsaw, but I think there's nothing I can do to convince you it's not, so no point arguing over it.
Anyway, a chainsaw is a nulltell if Zathras doesn't flip scum.  I am convinced that he won't.
That is, as long as only wardens have the chains.  Otherwise, I could easily see him as the exterminator, as Webadict has made a case for.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:53 am »

You aggressively defended Zath by attacking Web, the person attacking him.  If that's not a chainsaw defense, I don't know what is.

Anyway, a chainsaw is a nulltell if Zathras doesn't flip scum.

You're right, but see the emphasized part.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:48 pm »

No, I wouldn't have voted you for that answer, since it wouldn't have had serious ramifications upon the game.
So, Kaminasquirtle admits that he only voted me because I still think he's scum.  Wow, sounds like a really townie thing to do!

And I think it's your logic that needs to be checked here.
Do you seriously think I made that up for the sole reason of having the excuse to vote you for the sole reason of you voting me?  How is an OMGUS even a scumtell anyway?  What kind of idiot scum decides it would be in their best interests to vote someone because that someone voted them?
Seriously, just think about it...
"I shouldn't have to do homework!  The dog ate my homework!  I actually did my homework, but I didn't bring it in today!"

The answers to your questions are respectively: 1) No, you flipped the fuck out when you realise I've still got you nailed, 2) because a townie shouldn't panic when people suspect them like that and should vote for scum and 3) You.

CALL US BOTH SCUM, BUT CERTAINLY NOT JUST HIM.  THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.
Obvious attempt to drag Zathras down with you is obvious.

I'm sorry, but you're just avoiding being useful.  All you've done is point out some either old or obvious scumtells on me.  Nothing else.
You're still scum, no matter how old or obvious.

It's ok for both of us, since it's not a scumtell.  I showed examples of him doing this to show how stupid it is to build a case out of it.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #682 on: November 30, 2010, 12:10:50 pm »

Janus:
Argembarger:  If you're so concerned about a tiebreaker, why aren't you pressing the people who are in the tie?  With your unvote, that's Otto and Leaf.
I'm pretty sure you've got that bass-ackwards. He said that there's an extension, so we have 24 more hours to worry about a tied vote.

He has more time, sure, but he's not using it to question either of them.

Fair enough. I'm getting kind of busy now though; academic crunch time. My truly active hours will probably be restricted to late afternoon through night instead of all day like it is now.

I'm actually posting from class right now, shhhhh. (not that that's normally a problem, a lot of my posts are me posting from class, but it's getting dangerously close to finals.)

I'll throw some questions down later tonight. Hopefully there will still be time for that. I'll definitely cast my vote before the deadline, though. I simply figured the extension would help everyone, I mean, I'm not the only one here who is capable of breaking the tie before tonight.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 30, 2010, 12:50:09 pm »

Stun Orbs are indeed supposed to be chainless.

Although...that gives me an idea for a new Alien Tech...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 30, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »

I'd just have it integrated with the Camoflage (an alien with camo can make his blocks look like a warden).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 30, 2010, 01:16:27 pm »

I may as well try my hand at this. Put me up as replacement, please :)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 30, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »

Yeah sorry for not posting yesterday. Had about ten minutes, so yeah.

Toaster's been quite quiet.

But-

Wuh-

Whatever.

Unvote Leafsnail. Ottofar. I don't like your three line posts full of reasonless votes and ambivalence and uncertainty nor your infrequent participation.

webadict, you're talking a lot about who needs to be lynched but you still haven't voted anybody.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #687 on: November 30, 2010, 01:23:55 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
KaminaSquirtle: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Argembarger
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Toaster
webadict: KaminaSquirtle, Zathras

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today. There is one request for an Extension.

Dariush has replaced Mish. Dariush, please try to get up to speed as quickly as possible. And thank you for joining!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 30, 2010, 01:54:07 pm »

Leafsnail:
It's ok for both of us, since it's not a scumtell.  I showed examples of him doing this to show how stupid it is to build a case out of it.

Ok, now I see what you're saying.

Dariush:  Welcome!  When you're done reading over the thread, please tell us who you suspect and why.

Extension so there's time to fully evaluate here.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #689 on: November 30, 2010, 02:03:36 pm »

I'm also for extension since I have a loooot more to read and consolidate my thoughts about all this...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66