Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230053 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #720 on: November 30, 2010, 11:38:07 pm »

That's only for successful protects, and protections that are unneeded go unnoticed, right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 30, 2010, 11:38:43 pm »

That's only for successful protects, and protections that are unneeded go unnoticed, right?

Correct.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement requested
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:23 pm »

Webadict:
Hmm.  Zath's clearly not a dopp, and I tend to buy his warden claim.  I have trouble seeing a Kamina/Zath exty-op combo, so I'll have to ponder Kamina's case.  In the mean time...

Ottofar:
Well.
I guess Pandar might be a dopp. Not too sure.
Zathras, as stated, is probably an alien.
I'm gonna go sleep.
This post demands explanation.
While you're explaining it, please tell me if this explanation makes sense to you:  You're an Alien Survivor who used Pandar's obvscumminess as an opportunity to come out to the scum team so you can help them win at LYLO.

Mish hasn't posted since the 19th, and probably needs to be replaced.

MBP has no such excuse.  You're willfully ignoring this thread since you were just on the forum.  Get in here or die.
This continues why I believe you to be a Doppelganger. It's these subtle phrases you throw in. It unnerves me. Something about you just reeks of scum.

I believe you didn't say anything about me, either, while you were pointing out people that weren't here. Why is this?

I'm not sure what you mean by "subtle phrases" here.  As for the last question, see this post and my quoted one.  The four of you on that list I specifically wanted to hear from, and you had posted right then.  Otto gave his crap post, MBP posted nothing, and Mish is AWOL.  I didn't get back to your lack of posting until later.
I meant at the beginning of the post. You decided to post "I have trouble seeing a Kamina/Zath exty-op combo, so I'll have to ponder Kamina's case." I just don't like it. If you have problems seeing a KZ team, then what does that have to do with Kamina? It should deal with their interaction, if anything.

There's 3 Dopps and at least one anti-Town alien. That's 4+/11, meaning we have to lynch scum today. If we mislynch, this leads to 3 town deaths, with the possibility of a Scientist kill, leaving us with 4+/7-8.

What makes you think there could be a Scientist?  There weren't grabs either of the first two nights.
Mad Scientist. Xenozoologist is the new term from the old Alien Scientist. I'm hip and with it.

Alright, then. If Meph says Stun Orbs are Chainless, I can assume that Zathras is a Psychic Warden. I just don't want to take my chance, as that was both several games ago and with a Stun Bomb.

If that's the case, then Mish is likely the Exterminator. Now, if THAT'S the case, then we don't have to worry about the Exterminator, but if someone was protected from a kill last Night, then claiming it now would be nice.

Otherwise, I think it can be assumed to about a 99% accuracy that Mish is the Exterminator.
Ok.  Mish being exterminator makes a lot of sense.  I wonder why Mish's absence/ the lack of exterminator kill+ hasn't been brought up before?
Nobody thought of it, probably. When you're requiring a replacement, no one pays attention to you.

The lylo thing is simply stating that we will be unable to lynch all scum should there be a mislynch and 2 town kills tonight. If that happens, we'll be unable to kill the Exterminator, unless Zathras can block a Dopp kill again, or there's a Guardian or Guard.
Ok, that makes more sense.  So in that case we would have to hope for some exterminator/dopp crossfire.
I'd rather we lynch the Exterminator. The problem with the Exterminator is that he becomes a pro-Town player once the Dopps + Exty = Town. I used this as a nice defense in Paranormal 3 to stop me from getting lynched when I had a "Kill" track on me. (I managed to trick the Telepath, who was trying to trick ME! I have to admit, that was an excellent attempt, and an even better counter.) Of course, I was a Doppelganger back then, but the same thing happened with Solifuge a couple games ago.

If they get to there, they'll work with the Town until the end of the game, where they'll backstab at the last minute. And the Doppelgangers don't WANT to kill the Exterminator because they usually lose a kill. However, the Exterminator DOES want to kill the Doppelgangers. Just not all of them until he knows he's won.

Believe me. I did the math rather well. I would've done it during P4, but I screwed it up. Unfortunate, as I'd love to be the only Exterminator to ever win.

webadict, you're talking a lot about who needs to be lynched but you still haven't voted anybody.
Right, sorry. I was still swinging back and forth about Zathras and Mish. Or whoever has just replaced Mish. However, I think that he's the Exterminator.

I'm also for extension since I have a loooot more to read and consolidate my thoughts about all this...
Yeah, you probably should've picked a smaller game. And you'll have to deal with me, I'm afraid.

And then my question for Dariush, well, yeah. Webadict's over there claiming 99% certainty that Dariush is the Exterminator. It's obvious that he's gonna have to deal with that soon. I figured I might as well phrase it as a formal question.
I was claiming certainty so long as Zathras is not the Exterminator. Who's the Exterminator, then, Argembarger? Just because I said so doesn't make it okay for you to attack him for it. I'm the one that's attacking him. Using my intuition as an attack on him is really stupid of you.

Stun Orbs are indeed supposed to be chainless.
I'm surprised you answered this; I thought Web specifically worded it as a question you wouldn't answer to increase the WIFOM level of the conversation. But thanks; that should put it to rest at last.

Quote from: Meph
Although...that gives me an idea for a new Alien Tech...
Oh gods no... life's already hard enough for a poor warden. This game should serve as a case study for why wardens should be careful about claiming: they will spend the next week battling "you are alien!" charges even after saving a townie life and hanging a dopp.
Only the Exterminator can grab the Camo (right?). It's more of a boost to existing Tech this is sufficiently underpowered anyhow.

Alright, then. If Meph says Stun Orbs are Chainless, I can assume that Zathras is a Psychic Warden. If that's the case, then Mish is likely the Exterminator. Now, if THAT'S the case, then we don't have to worry about the Exterminator, but if someone was protected from a kill last Night, then claiming it now would be nice. Otherwise, I think it can be assumed to about a 99% accuracy that Mish is the Exterminator.

I don't buy this. The only thing that may point to Mish being the exterminator is that he was away during the night when there was no exterminator kill. I think the guardian option is just as likely. Also, no one can claim to have been protected, dumbass, because you don't know that you've been protected by a guardian (only an Observant Guard would do that, but would have died). Are you asking the guardian to claim? How would that not backfire?
Wrong. People that are attacked in this game get a message saying so. At least, that's how previous games were. So, who's dumb now?

Observant Guards only tell the name of the attacker to the person they were guarding. All players being guarded will receive a message if they would have been attacked. It's an extra feature in this game.

So, unless you have a better excuse, then I can safely say I'm right.

Quote from: web
And the Medium thing was an aside. If there's no Medium, it can't be proven. Whatever.
This, plus the guardian bit, show you are spinning WIFOMy tales to distract the town. The chances of there being a third medium are negligible, and you know it.

I think that you are going all out "KILL THE EXTERMINATOR" because you are the exterminator, and your leading the chase for him would implicitly clear you. You know there's a guardian, who protected your target last night, and decided that the best way to obscure the fact would be to resuscitate the WIFOM about me being it, and tech choices, orbs, and whatnot. Or at least get him to claim, or throw the blame on the absent Mish. The amount of wine you've spewed over your last few posts is nauseating.

No. I'm still convinced you are scum; your relentless wine spewing over the exterminator makes me think you are scum of the alien variety, rather than dopp, and thus you should hang today. I'd block you tonight, but if you are the exterminator, as I suspect, then you would be immune to it.
Right.

Except for one small fact. The player who's protected gets a message. I have gotten them enough times to know this. (What can I say? I'm popular.) Sooo... that means if I was the Exterminator, I'd be taking one heck of a chance. Unless I got the Intel, but that's WIFOM.

I wasn't planning on a third Medium. I was saying if there was one, they could confirm my beliefs. It makes more than just a little sense, and you know it. PLUS, I'd like to note that you were BLAMING the death of Mr.Person on me. If I were the Exterminator, then that simply couldn't've happened, now could it? So, what is it? Am I a Doppelganger? An Exterminator? A Survivor? Or will you just keeping pushing the point until I'm dead and prove I'm Town? Because, really, it's getting a little old.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was just watching your illusions fall apart. If you've got nothing smart to say, then it's usually better to keep your mouth shut.

And I thought I posted long posts. Webadict, yours are a little bit on the crazy (long) side.
I felt a little bad about my prior absence. I tried to make up just a little.

There's 3 Dopps and at least one anti-Town alien. That's 4+/11, meaning we have to lynch scum today. If we mislynch, this leads to 3 town deaths, with the possibility of a Scientist kill, leaving us with 4+/7-8.
Up to 3 town deaths. Even assuming that we mislynch today and that the Exterminator is the only Alien about, the average number of town deaths (competely chosen at random) tonight is only ~1.5 rather than two. (Yes, the math really doesn't help, but it was amusing to work out.
Yes, up to 3 deaths. Prepare for the worst. You know that there will probably be 3 deaths tomorrow, and Murphy's Law states they'll be Town. Even your 1.5 is too high of a number.

Like I said before: Zathras had no need to warn the victim of his roleblock about it. Doing so seems to only cover his own hide, as usually.
Completely disagree with you on this. He needed to PM someone who he would roleblock so that they could confirm that he did it (which was a good chunk of the point). It would have been helpful if he hadn't blocked the same person he PMed, but I don't think that was clear enough in my post yesterday. As it is, it works out. Zathras is an essentially confirmed Psychic Warden, with the only exception being the unlikely case of Exterminator+Operative KaminaSquirtle.
[/quote]
Right. But, I was covering all the bases. Even a Kamina+Zathras doesn't make any sense anymore, as Pandarsenic probably did get Chains and just lied in order to WIFOM the Town.

Zathras: This is what I actually meant /\

Zathras has displayed numerous self-preservation symptoms.
This is essentially a null-tell for Zathras from what I've seen of his playstyle.
How does that make it okay? It doesn't.

Short Version:
- Random chance puts the odds at 1.5 town deaths tonight (rather than the 2 Webadict was spouting)
I'm just going to go ahead and say it's 2 right now. Future Web will not be surprised.

Hey.

I've got an idea.

How about everybody stop using the lack of an Exterminator kill as evidence for their own pet theory about who it is? Because that's what everybody's doing. And it's all pretty much bullshit.
A'ight. Except the Exterminator is kiiiinda important.

Yes, a person protected by a guard style role will generally know that they were protected. They won't know who protected them, usually, but it depends on the type of guard.
Zathras can suck some lemons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 01, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by "subtle phrases" here.  As for the last question, see this post and my quoted one.  The four of you on that list I specifically wanted to hear from, and you had posted right then.  Otto gave his crap post, MBP posted nothing, and Mish is AWOL.  I didn't get back to your lack of posting until later.
I meant at the beginning of the post. You decided to post "I have trouble seeing a Kamina/Zath exty-op combo, so I'll have to ponder Kamina's case." I just don't like it. If you have problems seeing a KZ team, then what does that have to do with Kamina? It should deal with their interaction, if anything.

That was mostly in reference to the fact that Kamina was my top scumpick prior to that post, and I wanted a chance to think about it.  At this point, I say Kamina is scummy, but Ottofar is scummier.  If Otto cleans up his act, my vote's going back to Kamina.

Quote from: webadict

What makes you think there could be a Scientist?  There weren't grabs either of the first two nights.
Mad Scientist. Xenozoologist is the new term from the old Alien Scientist. I'm hip and with it.

Gotcha.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 01, 2010, 12:29:47 am »

Hey.

I've got an idea.

How about everybody stop using the lack of an Exterminator kill as evidence for their own pet theory about who it is? Because that's what everybody's doing. And it's all pretty much bullshit.

Well of course he is. But nobody's going to track him down by filling in the blanks of what happened last night with whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Yours the only speculation that's at all reasonable: the Exterminator did not kill because he was not available. Any other theory about people going for WIFOM is just stupid, because the Exterminator would be better off killing than he would be trying to convince everybody to go for a lynch solely based on WIFOM.

That said, I'm not going to lynch Dariush before he says anything. That's just impolite.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 01, 2010, 07:58:20 am »

Hey.

I've got an idea.

Well of course he is. But nobody's going to track him down by filling in the blanks of what happened last night with whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Yours the only speculation that's at all reasonable: the Exterminator did not kill because he was not available. Any other theory about people going for WIFOM is just stupid, because the Exterminator would be better off killing than he would be trying to convince everybody to go for a lynch solely based on WIFOM.

That said, I'm not going to lynch Dariush before he says anything. That's just impolite.
He can have a chance to talk. He's just gotta come up with something big.

And I came up with two possibilities: Guardian protect or Mish unavailable. The third option (not choosing to kill) has no more reason to be explored, mostly because nothing anyone would do would make any sense. Even for WIFOM. And nobody seems crazy enough to try it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:17 am »

All riiiight, I'm kinda up to date with events.

First of all, about Mish (and then me) being Exterminator - Mish's last post was three days before the end of Day 2, so it would make sense for actual exterminator NOT to kill anyone and claim that lack of kill was due to Mish's absence (yes, I know about WIFOM it implies but isn't it better for Exterminator not to kill anyone for one night at the cost of safety from lynching and ability to kill the next one when odds are in his favor). Second, Zathras has pretty much proved himself a townie (if I'm wrong and missed some vital piece of information, please correct me), so anyone trying to frame him isn't likely to be pro-town. That being said, webadict has pointed that his suspicions swing between him and me, so I would say he must be the one who framed Mish if my first guess is correct.

Sorry for pretty weak accusations, but I'll improve them once I learn about the current state of affairs first-hand.

P.S:
So, webadict posted right before me:
And I came up with two possibilities: Guardian protect or Mish unavailable. The third option (not choosing to kill) has no more reason to be explored, mostly because nothing anyone would do would make any sense. Even for WIFOM. And nobody seems crazy enough to try it.
That seems to fit with my guess - he framed Mish and then directly declared that the possibility of him not killing anyone is impossible, thus lifting suspicions from himself.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #727 on: December 01, 2010, 08:54:29 am »

Org is right, for once. Since we're still thick in the RVS there's no reason for you, KaminaSquirtle, to be coming out and defending JTF for whatever he's said and done. So why are you buddying him?
And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
At first.

Then WIFoM:

It's a shame, I was about to extend you some noob slack but then you go and do something violently reactionary like this.

Whyyy are you voting for JTF? You were just explaining away his actions a minute ago.
Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.

This thing Toaster pointed out.

And these, "yes webadict. Whatever you say webadict."-things.  They're aiming to please.

Also, I have several exams in this and the following week. Tomorrow is one. I'd do a longer post, but my grades are slowly falling.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 01, 2010, 08:57:13 am »

So, Kamina's been trying to please too much.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 01, 2010, 10:18:45 am »

@Dariush: Be comforted by the fact that your lynching will be almost entirely Mish's fault. Almost. For now, your defense wittles down to: "It's him or me," to which I will reply: "Since when?" But, that's beside the fact. You, however, just gave away yourself as the Exterminator, and I will explain why when I'm home. Feel free to prepare an adequate defense in that time.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:24 am »

@Dariush: Be comforted by the fact that your lynching will be almost entirely Mish's fault. Almost. For now, your defense wittles down to: "It's him or me," to which I will reply: "Since when?" But, that's beside the fact. You, however, just gave away yourself as the Exterminator, and I will explain why when I'm home. Feel free to prepare an adequate defense in that time.
I should have just said 'I am not the exterminator' and that would be better than actually placing evidence in front of me? Also, accusing me immediatly after I voted for you with only explanation being (intentional) misinterpretation of what I said... doesn't seem right.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #731 on: December 01, 2010, 10:57:05 am »

Seeing as my vote is still on webadict, but I don't think him scum, I'll unvote.

And these, "yes webadict. Whatever you say webadict."-things.  They're aiming to please.

Also, I have several exams in this and the following week. Tomorrow is one. I'd do a longer post, but my grades are slowly falling.
No.  Webadict has been making sense.  If he's making sense, there's no reason not to agree with him.  You say I'm trying to please, but then why did I go so crazy on Web at first, and, earlier, Zathras?  Please explain how I was trying to please there.
That seems to fit with my guess - he framed Mish and then directly declared that the possibility of him not killing anyone is impossible, thus lifting suspicions from himself.
What?  So this whole thing was some crazy master plan?  If webadict was exterminator and killed someone, I doubt anyone would jump to the conclusion that he was exterminator.  It makes much more sense for there to be no kill because Mish wasn't logged on.

Let me tell you, making large attacks in no way lifts suspicions from yourself.  Webadict certainly knows this.

Your argument is bursting with WIFOM, Dariush.

To be honest though, I was going to vote you anyway.  Since I know Zathras is not the exterminator, I conclude that you being the exterminator is the only likely possibility.

Quote from: webadict
I'd rather we lynch the Exterminator. The problem with the Exterminator is that he becomes a pro-Town player once the Dopps + Exty = Town. I used this as a nice defense in Paranormal 3 to stop me from getting lynched when I had a "Kill" track on me. (I managed to trick the Telepath, who was trying to trick ME! I have to admit, that was an excellent attempt, and an even better counter.) Of course, I was a Doppelganger back then, but the same thing happened with Solifuge a couple games ago.

If they get to there, they'll work with the Town until the end of the game, where they'll backstab at the last minute. And the Doppelgangers don't WANT to kill the Exterminator because they usually lose a kill. However, the Exterminator DOES want to kill the Doppelgangers. Just not all of them until he knows he's won.

Believe me. I did the math rather well. I would've done it during P4, but I screwed it up. Unfortunate, as I'd love to be the only Exterminator to ever win.
Of course I'd rather lynch the exterminator.  What I meant by 'in that case' is that we lynched a townie today.

Ok, I would say more but I'm out of time.  Hopefully I'll have time to post again today.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 01, 2010, 11:16:02 am »

@Kamina:
So, being logical doesn't work with you. Well then, where did you get the whole idea that I am Exterminator with the exception of coincidental absence of Mish in the night? If you call logic WIFOM, there's no way to prove I'm not exterminator, SS or a dinosaur for that matter. You are just hellbent on lynching me, which confirms my earlier suspicions on you being in team with webadict (similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes, etc.).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 01, 2010, 11:21:29 am »

Also, you unvoted webadict right after you saw me voting for him. Something tells me that you don't actually want him lynched, you just show off that you voted for him and it was just a coincidence that you happened to be in minority...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 01, 2010, 11:32:54 am »

On DarMish the possible exterminator:

It seems we're working on what is, at best, circumstantial evidence.  There wasn't a kill last night when Mish wasn't around to post.  That's certainly a possibility, but it's not the only possibility.  Potentially, there's a dopp guardian who protected another dopp, and they're both keeping their mouths shut, or it could have been a WIFOM based no-kill (I doubt that.)

That said... Dariush isn't doing a good job of defending himself.  Both his votes are serious OMGUS votes.  He's acting scummy, and his only posted suspicions are against those who have recently voted him, but I'm not sold on him being the exty just yet.

Dariush:  If you're not the exterminator, who is?  Who do you think is a dopp?

As for myself, I'm thinking it's one of the scummy people who are out there, with my current guess being Ottofar.  His explanation of his vote on Kamina is a regurgitation of the arguments of others, even going to quote the reasons of others as to why he's voting.  He's trying to hide in the background, and it's failing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66