Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 143965 times)

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v2.7
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

well good news I discover how to store items... using Tweak. All I did was check on occupancy's 14-blood which cause any item on that tile to stay there when you leave
...built a first house for my adventurer
It was 10x10 stone hut with cellar and a 20x10 crypt.
EDIT: OMG even reclaiming is so easy when everything does not scatter everywhere...

Holy crab apples! That's awesome! :o

Now all that's missing is a way to combine DFusion with DFMode in a way that allows swapping between Fortress Mode and Adventure Mode without all those unpleasant side effects.

I don't suppose there is a way to prevent our pets and creatures from dying after Abandon fortress, is there? (Perhaps changing the ownership or friendship before Abandon?) Or maybe a way to prevent our dwarves from leaving the site area after Abandon? (Maybe by changing the parent civilization or something beforehand?)

I'm looking forward to the day when we can "Retire" a Fortress without actually Abandoning the site. And I'm not the only one:
'Retiring' forts is a crazy popular suggestion.  Just below gunpowder and steampunk in it's perennial nature.

Ok, from various notes from Askot and Rumrusher, I have successfully "retired" my fortress - and it doesn't seem to have any bugs so far:

What I did:

1) used DFusion tools->"prevent items from scattering" function to "fix" parts of my fortress (basically moved the cursor over every floor, using "protect block around cursor" because I couldn't find a way to find the x y coordinates).

2) ran DFHack's dfmode, selected Adventure Mode, Direct Control

The screen will go black at this point, hiding most of the map.

3) used DFusion tools->Change Adventurer, selected a dead goblin (one of the hundreds in my refuse pile). I selected a goblin because my dwarves had scrolled off the top of my cmd window, but any dead entity will do.

4) without closing DFusion (i.e. pressing enter) go back to the fortress, ESC and save game.

5) Quit DF, restart it and reload. You will now be in adventure mode, possessing a dead goblin. It will now say "You are deceased."

6) Finish out to the main menu

7) Start a new adventurer, visit your old fortress to verify

The old fortress still has its old dwarves, and they act like normal townspeople (answer correctly to "Surroundings", which means they consider the fortress their home). I couldn't recruit my old militia, I guess due to insufficient fame, but was able to recruit a weaponsmith and a bowyer.

What's more, the fortress acts like normal game Mountain Hall, and I can retire my adventurer there.

Still have to test a bunch of stuff (reclaming, etc) but so far it looks like it's working correctly for adventure mode.

Edit: pets seem to be dead (can't find any alive) although the merchant caravan's animals are still alive and wandering about. I guess I have to stuff them in cages and use Runesmith to remove the tame flag before switching over.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:04:36 am by Langdon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v2.8
« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:59 pm »

Oh I should try that so you found out how to get Merchants or migrants with 'withering' if you Move into a mountain home as a adventurer and swap over to fort mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2011, 12:09:51 am »

Oh I should try that so you found out how to get Merchants or migrants with 'withering' if you Move into a mountain home as a adventurer and swap over to fort mode?

I've only really tried fortress->adventure yet, in truth I'm just looking for a way to gracefully "retire" a fort so I can go on to build a new one.

I'll try adventure->fortress tomorrow (I don't have a working version of Tweak, though, so I don't know how to go about building stuff if fortress mode doesn't work properly).

I believe you mentioned something about automatic abandon after some time when you build an adventurer fort? Is that what you meant by "withering"?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2011, 12:41:53 am »

I've only really tried fortress->adventure yet, in truth I'm just looking for a way to gracefully "retire" a fort so I can go on to build a new one.

I'll try adventure->fortress tomorrow (I don't have a working version of Tweak, though, so I don't know how to go about building stuff if fortress mode doesn't work properly).

I believe you mentioned something about automatic abandon after some time when you build an adventurer fort? Is that what you meant by "withering"?
yeah withering what shows up on the header when it happens. from what I found if your on the embark site and swap over to fort mode then save you will be able to play it out but from my test of moving entire group of settlers over to a embark site 2 tiles away that the game after I think 2 weeks causes a force abandon. though I haven't tested the possibility of moving them back to the previous site to see if it still Force abandon or not. what I do know is you can just swap over to adventure mode and sleep past the day it strikes making the fort playable again.(The problem with this solution is that I think I'm missing out on either getting merchants, sieges, and more Dwarves.)
"body swapping and YOU!"

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2011, 02:17:30 am »

yeah withering what shows up on the header when it happens. from what I found if your on the embark site and swap over to fort mode then save you will be able to play it out but from my test of moving entire group of settlers over to a embark site 2 tiles away that the game after I think 2 weeks causes a force abandon. though I haven't tested the possibility of moving them back to the previous site to see if it still Force abandon or not. what I do know is you can just swap over to adventure mode and sleep past the day it strikes making the fort playable again.(The problem with this solution is that I think I'm missing out on either getting merchants, sieges, and more Dwarves.)

It seems that's because there's still a missing flag on units that indicates they are a member of the fortress. No units on map that have the "member of fortress" flag turned on = withering away at the next check.

If you find that flag and switch it on for at least one unit that might prevent the withering. Maybe it's civ membership? Maybe you need to create a civ subgroup that "owns" that fortress, and move over civ membership to that group?

or maybe just hijack an existing civ subgroup (perhaps from a previous player fortress).

As to getting merchants/migrants, there's something in the fort data that isn't initialized properly (again maybe parent civ/civ subgroup relations?).

For now I just plan to schlep adventurers to a site then embark/reclaim there if I want to put my adventurers in a fort. I'm going to think of it as needing to hire a dwarven construction crew if I want to build something.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:21:35 am by Langdon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2011, 03:17:27 am »

It seems that's because there's still a missing flag on units that indicates they are a member of the fortress. No units on map that have the "member of fortress" flag turned on = withering away at the next check.

If you find that flag and switch it on for at least one unit that might prevent the withering. Maybe it's civ membership? Maybe you need to create a civ subgroup that "owns" that fortress, and move over civ membership to that group?

or maybe just hijack an existing civ subgroup (perhaps from a previous player fortress).

As to getting merchants/migrants, there's something in the fort data that isn't initialized properly (again maybe parent civ/civ subgroup relations?).

For now I just plan to schlep adventurers to a site then embark/reclaim there if I want to put my adventurers in a fort. I'm going to think of it as needing to hire a dwarven construction crew if I want to build something.
Oh I found out that using the flag changer 51 or if that doesn't work use runesmith and remove the 'is resident tag' make the the nonplayable dwarfs that are on site playable. so that you could get your adventurer to build on the site though slapping on tame(number 26 if using Dfusion flag changer) tag also work too just remember to remove it.
if your case on caging wild animals prevents them from dying works then maybe I can use Adventure traps and my Carry code to cage humans and bandits and make a prison system.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »

Any way to get DFusion updated to the new releases? I'm missing my good features!  :'(
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »

Any way to get DFusion updated to the new releases? I'm missing my good features!  :'(
-f in the CMD command.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2011, 07:58:52 pm »

The -f compiles the new offsets, but none of them match for the 31.24 Phoebus.   >:(  Gah! I want more embarkment dwarves.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2011, 12:30:24 pm »

The -f compiles the new offsets, but none of them match for the 31.24 Phoebus.   >:(  Gah! I want more embarkment dwarves.
dang it .25 just came out. I think Darius is in hiding until the update wave calms down sorry best think now is to either help find the offsets or settle down with the reasonable Dfusion version and wait out the update storm. I'd stop at 21 or 19 at best.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »

dang it .25 just came out. I think Darius is in hiding until the update wave calms down sorry best think now is to either help find the offsets or settle down with the reasonable Dfusion version and wait out the update storm. I'd stop at 21 or 19 at best.
Hehe i almost came out when 24 was out :D
Now i'll wait for a day or something (new version will be out on weekend for sure maybe earlier)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »

Now i'll wait for a day or something (new version will be out on weekend for sure maybe earlier)
oh yeah I found out that teleport waste can be clean up by removing the creature tag on the tile the creature was on before teleporting. so coding a previous tile flag removal might free up space.
Darius how's your Adventure forts? because I learn that recent embark forts are safer than old embarks which I should have figured that when you tested out the double fort thing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:33:26 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »

oh yeah I found out that teleport waste can be clean up by removing the creature tag on the tile the creature was on before teleporting. so coding a previous tile flag removal might free up space.
Darius how's your Adventure forts? because I learn that recent embark forts are safer than old embarks which I should have figured that when you tested out the double fort thing.
Fort got killed by goblins. Later my adventurers killed two forgotten beasts (they were walled off in fort) but got killed by a goblin spearman. Now i'm too lazy to level up an adventurer to make it to that epic fort (although now it has a lot of epic stuff). Newest idea is to make a fort to make adamantine items+ some steel weapons, maybe adamantine clothes :D and then travel to my fort :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »

Fort got killed by goblins. Later my adventurers killed two forgotten beasts (they were walled off in fort) but got killed by a goblin spearman. Now i'm too lazy to level up an adventurer to make it to that epic fort (although now it has a lot of epic stuff). Newest idea is to make a fort to make adamantine items+ some steel weapons, maybe adamantine clothes :D and then travel to my fort :)
oh from what I know you could go straight from Adventure mode to the fort and not have to deal with the weak abandoning issue if you do the retire thing. I could be wrong and it simpler than that.
oh I just got an idea of building a fort out of the bodies of enemies but I need two things
one for toady to fix the corpsepiece tag in adventure reaction so I can craft sentient bodies again.
two see if I can ADv.Craft blocks if I can then I could build MEAT blocks and form them into meat walls.
if those two are able then here's to (someone) making an organic model of MEAT BOY STEVE from minecraft. though I wonder if going out and Killing enough creatures to make a model a challenge or building it in fort mode?
"body swapping and YOU!"

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2011, 11:14:55 am »

which version of dwarf fortress is dfusion compatible for right now? cause i cannot get the resurrect option to work at all in the newest dwarf fort version, and previous ones either.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38