Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 105024 times)

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.25, for DF 31.25 last update 4/11)
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »

I haven't played any recent version, so I'm ignorant of what the problem is, exactly.

Is it related to how food is handled in world gen, like ignoring hunting?
Would changing the kobold civ type so that they build towns instead of being cave dwellers affect things? Would town-dwelling kobolds build "farms" for use as hunting grounds?
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2011, 04:11:10 pm »

I have to say the aztec named weapons are really a stain on an otherwise nice mod.

Please consider replacing their names with something more familiar so we don't have to go and spend 5 minutes googling just trying to understand anything. And then re-googling because the names don't stick in our memory.

ie

Shortbow and Shortarrow
Spearthrower and Throwing Spear
Club

etc.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:16:58 am by Blah »

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »

I have to agree with Blah.  It really doesn't add anything at all to use Aztec weapon names.  For me, trying to pronounce those words is like trying to spit out a mouthful of pine needles.  That, and I have no idea what they're describing without checking the readme regularly. 

I'm really fond of this mod otherwise. 

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2011, 03:32:37 am »

I honestly am not a fan of the aztec weapons either.  I think everyone gets the atlatl and throwing spears thats somewhat familiar to most people (at least who play dwarf fortress), but aside from that I'd be happier with 'slings' and 'shortbows'.  Maybe also throwing axes to complete the bashing/piercing/edged combination of ranged weapons.

Anyways, still love the mod, got my bolds going on a glacier with some kind of jungle oasis with fireclay running around in the middle of it, the river melts once a year so I can get a sheltered well going, luckily the glacier hasn't melted yet since they're living in the ice layer.  Its kind of funny that if I stockpile ice on fireclay it automatically melts, makes cleanup a breeze.  I see the ability to dig without restriction has been fixed though.

Edit: One small note on my game so far, is there supposed to be a caravan every couple months with a wave of migrants?  I never got this many playing dwarf mode, the liason takes my request and the caravan arrives very quickly later.  Am I just too close to the 'mountainhomes'  Oh btw, the kobolds call the capital the mountainhomes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:36:52 pm by drkpaladin »

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »

Complaints from aztecs are duly noted. When thought about it I can agree; the rest of the mod isn't aztecy enough to really merit the confusion over weapons which I can understand. Perhaps I'll leave a couple more specialty weapons in, but the basic stuff (swords, clubs, etc) will be changed to their more understood counterparts. I was half expecting complaints right off the bat, but figured they were okay when I heard nothing, leading to a bit of surprise they're piling on now.

Edit: One small note on my game so far, is there supposed to be a caravan every couple months with a wave of migrants?  I never got this many playing dwarf mode, the liason takes my request and the caravan arrives very quickly later.  Am I just too close to the 'mountainhomes'  Oh btw, the kobolds call the capital the mountainhomes.

Yes, the active seasons for kobolds are, I believe, all 4, while dwarves are only one or two (this is what I recall, perhaps I'm forgetting how this works.) And yes, despite how easy it is to change races through modding, there are a few tidbits that still treats the game as though you're playing dwarves, namely through speech, so they still will say mountainhomes and stout people and what have you.

Otherwise, I'll try and actually test a few worldgens and play a couple forts and otherwise get off my ass about this.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »

I, for one, would like to thank you for the Aztec weapons.

They'll go nicely with a race of Aztech-types I'm modding in.

Also, thank you for taking it out of Kobold Camp, it really doesn't fit.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:44 pm »

Alright, normally I wait longer when the changes are so small, but due to it seeming unanimous, I patched it to remove the aztecy names. Let me know if any problems came up because of it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2011, 09:07:46 am »

Thanks for the update!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2011, 02:27:31 am »

The weapon names have changed, which is nice, but when you go to craft them, it still says craft cuauhololli or whatever.
EDIT:
Checked the kobold reactions, and they're still called their aztec names, and there are no reactions for the new, non-aztec weaopns.
Also checked the kobold entity, and there are no permitted reactions for the non-aztec weapons, and the aztec ones are still there.

It has been proven that I can't make the change myself, because when I changed the reactions names, I got a sword when I tried to make a bow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:05:30 am by NewsMuffin »

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.252, for DF 31.25 last update 4/16)
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2011, 05:18:16 am »

Well that shows how rusty I am, I COMPLETELY forgot all about the reaction names. SO, here's another mini-patch, this time hopefully it works. I've no time to test this beyond no errorlog for a few days however, so as I always say, let me know if there's a problem again.

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:37 am »

I've noticed that my kobolds don't have the option to make clay jugs and the like. Anyone else having this problem or is there something I'm missing? I can have them gather clay at the kiln, but there is no option to make any pots/jugs there nor any option at the craftbold's workshop under stone.

Disregard. Found what was missing in the entities.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:43:23 pm by Tanase »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2011, 04:59:29 pm »

*Sigh*

Toady really needs to fix up cave civs so they can survive.

In adventure mode, I just ran across a Lair (mound and everything) filled to the brim with Kobolds.  By my estimation (and the blood on my blade afterward), there must have been at LEAST 500 of them.  It took hours to fight them all, even with a warrior who was Legendary in everything.  They should have been a tasty snack for whatever creature they took the cave from, but instead, due to the fact they don't need to eat, they were of such numbers to overwhelm whatever megabeast lived inside.

If they needed to eat, there probably would have been 20 of them, tops.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2011, 09:03:03 pm »

I've noticed that my kobolds don't have the option to make clay jugs and the like. Anyone else having this problem or is there something I'm missing? I can have them gather clay at the kiln, but there is no option to make any pots/jugs there nor any option at the craftbold's workshop under stone.

Disregard. Found what was missing in the entities.

Actually, please tell. If it's something missing in KC, I'd very much like to know what's missing in the entity file.

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2011, 10:26:09 am »

Actually, please tell. If it's something missing in KC, I'd very much like to know what's missing in the entity file.

In the entity_default.txt, the following needs to be after instruments and before clothing:
Code: [Select]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NEST_BOX]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HIVE]

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2011, 01:25:02 pm »

Yeah uh... I think you must have missed those tags when installing the mod... cause they're already in there for me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26