Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Win Moments You Had  (Read 6500 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Win Moments You Had
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 02:24:10 am »

I speak for everyone else who accomplished this: Completing a megaproject.

I even made an achievement to mark it down for others to use.

As for personal:
I think in the process of making a security device for New Wavehandle, I got an ambush alarm, and as it turns out, I managed to make 3 champion wrestlers and 1 champion crossbowdwarf. 0 losses after an entire raid. And I got to test out my spacer drawbridge-wall systems to buy time. They worked, as does the quick-clean system easy-pathing when they're down. Having engineered another thing that works = win in my books.

Hell, any simple solution to a seemingly complex problem is always a win in my books.

Another personal win is in Adventure Mode:
Speaking for everyone new to the .18+ system: Surviving at least a night against night creatures and bogeymen.

But anyway, Having taken revenge for a lost adventurer, I decapitated my killer, and used his head like a sock puppet to greet myself to his comrades. They ran away as I got them intimate with their leader by knocking one of them out with his head.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:33:12 am by Itnetlolor »

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 02:44:23 am »

Tonight, I used DF Reveal successfully, without unpausing it and opening ye olde canne of wyrms.

Yeah, yeah, small stuff.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 02:57:27 am »

My entire millitary force (four dwarves) was noobishly equipped with wooden raining weapons when a very fast troll ran into the booze stockpile and started goring cats (I can live with this). the military was partially armoured and sent to at least occupy the troll while I had some better weapons made.

However all useful dwarves were on one side of the troll and all resources were on the other and the military was tiring quickly. My hunter heading down the stairwell shot a single bolt without stopping his decent that disabled one of the trolls lungs.

The troll was winded and tired quickly then knocked unconscious allowing the millitary to take turns beating on him for a few weeks while a hauler made an iron axe then finished him off with it.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 05:15:30 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:38:05 pm by Bronimin »

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 12:03:08 am »

Making a wall just in time to stop two goblin ambushes in their tracks. Comprised of about 7-8 pikegobs and 6-7 Goblin archers. They left after awhile. Good thing too, because my military had taken a 70% death count in a seige before hand.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:16 am »

This (from 40d).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I had a Dwarf civ once that had a demonic hummingbird for their symbol.  That was pretty badass, as well as hilarious.
Sanity is for the weak.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 01:19:57 am »

That.....that's fucking cash, man.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 05:26:21 am »

I decapitated my killer, and used his head like a sock puppet to greet myself to his comrades. They ran away as I got them intimate with their leader by knocking one of them out with his head.
Sigged. Sigged so damn hard.
くコ:彡

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 07:56:08 am »

This (from 40d).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I had a Dwarf civ once that had a demonic hummingbird for their symbol.  That was pretty badass, as well as hilarious.
That's badass :3

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 08:01:33 am »

Everything here is awesome.
My first moments of win were successfully defending my fort from a siege using nothing but cage traps. Lots of cage traps. And then chucking 'em into the volcano.
Also, building a working drowning hall. Small but still win.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 09:04:54 am »

I have a plan for a magma hall if I ever import enough bauxite (40d still has my favourite fort, though I am sort of figuring out the new military system)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:31 am »

(40d) My fort was going swimmingly. Any demands the nobles had, I could fulfill. I had walled off a large section of the surface for my own amusement, and my wrestlers could tackle horses out from under their riders.

Then a dragon came.

Rather than risking a massive forest fire, I told my military to stay at the bottom of the entrance tunnel, awaiting combat. The dragon came running straight for my entrance... and got himself caught in a cage trap. I then had the dungeon master tame him. This ultimately payed off when said dragon single-handedly routed a siege some years later (via sweet fiery death).

In my latest fort, when a single, wimpy speardwarf, presumably in a fit of alcohol-induced rage, routed an ambush of goblin macemen by himself after killing only one of them. I don't know what was so terrifying about this dwarf, but damn that was awesome to watch.

A mild one in adventure mode recently, when I was caught alone at night by bogeymen while some 10 map-tiles away from town. What ensued was a frantic race across the plains that lasted almost until morning, with my adventurer lopping off a leg from any bogeyman that caught up to him. The message of "the cackling fades away" felt like sweet, sweet victory.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 01:14:07 pm »

I fought HFS while listening to this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 01:15:55 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 01:21:38 pm »

It was close, but yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4