Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622048 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »

Is there a way to give people you've recruited specific equipment?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:12 pm »

you need to use DFusion. try the modding forum.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2011, 01:49:46 am »

Lost myself in a deep underground cavern for 2 days ,Seems i could never find my way back ,This huge dark maze really makes me sick and not even a single creature shows up . Is that a normal cavern ? I suppose there has to be some patterns to follow ,but it's totally chaos down here .every step I take just reveals more paths that leads to god knows where .
So guys ,what would you do if you're in this kind of situation ? I am so tired to check those endless corner and find myself in a deep shit .

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2011, 02:01:40 am »

not really. well you could remove the "Sapient", "Not_Butcherable" and other tags but that might affect gameplay (even stupider humans!) ;D

By sapient you probably mean intelligent, and I'm loathe to remove that since it will result in humanoids I can't communicate with. They don't have a not_butcherable tag either.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2011, 03:12:42 am »

not really. well you could remove the "Sapient", "Not_Butcherable" and other tags but that might affect gameplay (even stupider humans!) ;D

By sapient you probably mean intelligent, and I'm loathe to remove that since it will result in humanoids I can't communicate with. They don't have a not_butcherable tag either.

You can try whatever it is that lets elves butcher and eat anything.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2011, 03:20:51 am »

You can try whatever it is that lets elves butcher and eat anything.

Looking over their entity I found nothing that suggested anything about eating humanoids other than the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had changed those tags in my dwarf entry, making even the "unthinkable" values "acceptable" instead, and it changed nothing. Or rather it did change something: some dwarves are now wearing items made of humanoid (e.g. gremlin) leather. I'm still unable to butcher them, as before.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:33 am »

Ok i tried Adventure Mode for the first time, it would be fun if it werent for the Boogeymen.

I Cant do most of the Quests because they are too far away from a town where i could sleep savely and fighting them even as Demigod ends in me getting killed really fast. Is there any way to remove them?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2011, 10:35:53 am »

Is there any way to remove them?

There is some controversy about whether this even works, but I haven't yet seen any bogeymen in my latest world thanks to the following (though admittedly my testing has been brief): in your world-gen parameters, look for the number of night creatures and set it at zero. Bogeymen are apparently a species of those and it should eliminate them.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2011, 10:36:45 am »

that seems to work for me.
also try getting DFusion and DFhack to circumvent this slightly.
turn them into WAGONS OF DOOM! >:D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

Is there any way to remove them?

There is some controversy about whether this even works, but I haven't yet seen any bogeymen in my latest world thanks to the following (though admittedly my testing has been brief): in your world-gen parameters, look for the number of night creatures and set it at zero. Bogeymen are apparently a species of those and it should eliminate them.

Gonna try this out now and EDIT if it works for me too, ty.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

mwanafalsafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

So is there something wrong with trading in the latest release?

I tried to sell a bunch of stuff I looted... the trader agreed to my asking amount... but I didn't get any gold it just says that the trader owes my character X gold... I then tried to buy an iron great axe out of the debt he owed me and he wouldn't sell it or anything else to me... then when I did manage to trade some other equipment for the great axe it never appeared in my inventory... am I missing something here??

Also, the map shows a dwarf fortress by some mountains but when I went there I didn't find anything... what's up with that?

Thanks!

cancel.man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

Do companion bowmen/crossbowmen ever reload? Any way to make it happen besides DFusion?
DF version 0.34.05 Lazy Newb Pack

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

Do companion bowmen/crossbowmen ever reload? Any way to make it happen besides DFusion?

No, and anything that isn't DFusion would just be another utility or bug.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2011, 10:46:07 pm »

So is there something wrong with trading in the latest release?

I tried to sell a bunch of stuff I looted... the trader agreed to my asking amount... but I didn't get any gold it just says that the trader owes my character X gold... I then tried to buy an iron great axe out of the debt he owed me and he wouldn't sell it or anything else to me... then when I did manage to trade some other equipment for the great axe it never appeared in my inventory... am I missing something here??

Also, the map shows a dwarf fortress by some mountains but when I went there I didn't find anything... what's up with that?

Thanks!

1)  When you exit the trade screen, any money the shopkeeper owes you is put on a table in the back of the store.  Look for piles of coins without "$" around them.

2)  At the moment, there is nothing at the sites of dwarven, elven, and goblin settlements.  They still interact with each other normally during world generation, but there's nothing there in adventure mode.  You can edit the raws to make everybody build human-style towns, but we have to wait for Toady to re-implement unique sites for the other races.

Slade Beds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:02 am »

Didn't look through the 20 pages of replies, but:

Will danger rooms still work in Adventure Mode? I know there would be no one else around to pull the lever but I have one currently hooked up to a repeater in Fort Mode.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 327