Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621855 times)

Ahasver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »

I've had an arrow stuck in my hand for a while. The hand now functions, but how do I get the arrow out? I'm thinking about keeping it there as reserve ammo, but when the occasion arises, I'd like to know what to do.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2011, 07:15:14 pm »

Shift-(I)nteract with it.

Pullin arrows out causes pain, and may make you pass out, so it's better to do in safety
*Hugs*

P4N1C

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2011, 09:23:30 am »

While shopping I accidentally picked up the item above the one I'd just bought and didn't notice until I'd walked out of the shop into the next one and no one would talk to me. As soon as I realized I ran back and put it exactly where it had been... but they still think I'm a CRIMINAL! Is there any way to make peace (like leaving piles of coins around, i'll give them money if they'll be my friends again o_o) since I didn't actually steal anything?! (It's been a while since I last saved so I don't want to load the backup... T_T)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »

While shopping I accidentally picked up the item above the one I'd just bought and didn't notice until I'd walked out of the shop into the next one and no one would talk to me. As soon as I realized I ran back and put it exactly where it had been... but they still think I'm a CRIMINAL! Is there any way to make peace (like leaving piles of coins around, i'll give them money if they'll be my friends again o_o) since I didn't actually steal anything?! (It's been a while since I last saved so I don't want to load the backup... T_T)

If you have a big enough world, you could just never again visit that civilization.  There's no way to remove criminal status from your character.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2011, 10:20:28 pm »

do you get to have more companions more fame you get? i kinda want more then my 3 random ass peasants lol

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »

Yep. It also affects the quality of companions you can get
*Hugs*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »

Since this is a modding question for adventure mode only and it wasn't answered in the modding questions thread, I'll ask it here.

Are adventure mode reactions unable to improve an item by adding art to it? With the new improvements system, that is.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2011, 01:13:02 am »

Will eggs ever hatch?

They only hatch if they're put in nests or nest boxes (not just in the same tile, actually in the container), which I don't think you can do in Adventure mode.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2011, 02:22:49 am »

do you get to have more companions more fame you get? i kinda want more then my 3 random ass peasants lol
19 is a limit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2011, 07:09:52 am »

if I have bronze and bone arrows, how do I select which to fire?

edit: nevermind, found the right combinations of removes and puts
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:30:10 am by LoSboccacc »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »

I got a job to kill a big old tiger, so I went to the place but it was not there. I have been waiting around for it for like four days and the only change is a piece of leather appears to be crawling towards me well I sleep.

Anyone know how to find this cat?

Edit: A explanation of why some leather is trying to sneak up on me would be nice as well.

Edit: aaaand seconds after I posted this I found the cat.

The leather (now joined by sheets of skin!) is still creepy though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:45:58 pm by Criptfeind »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2011, 01:53:34 pm »

I got a job to kill a big old tiger, so I went to the place but it was not there. I have been waiting around for it for like four days and the only change is a piece of leather appears to be crawling towards me well I sleep.

Anyone know how to find this cat?

Edit: A explanation of why some leather is trying to sneak up on me would be nice as well.

Edit: aaaand seconds after I posted this I found the cat.

The leather (now joined by sheets of skin!) is still creepy though.

I think it's from the cat's kills. Megabeasts do that, anyways.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2011, 02:17:20 pm »

I guess that means the cat was killing things well I was sleeping next to it's lair? Man I am a sucky hero.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »

I guess that means the cat was killing things well I was sleeping next to it's lair? Man I am a sucky hero.

What kind of leather was it? It could also have teleported up from the underground where some beastman was hoarding it - those are pretty obvious, though. Because they are of things that don't exist above ground.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2011, 04:22:39 pm »

Is there any way to get back the walk-through-walls functionality of "ghostly" adventurers (mostly only available through hacking such as DFusion)? Was that a bug in the first place, and fixed? Or are we without WTW in DF now  :(
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 327