Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620820 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 03, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »

looked it up, its about 10% of the world's population is left handed
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 03, 2011, 01:33:50 pm »

Not that it matters when you can hold 15 swords and 6 shields in one hand and a whale corpse in the other.
*Hugs*

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 03, 2011, 01:38:20 pm »

i find it more beneficial to wear 1 sword and 5+shields in one hand and have nothing in the other so you can wrestle away items that would be harmful to you/stop you from murdering :P
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:15 pm »

Not that it matters when you can hold 15 swords and 6 shields in one hand and a whale corpse in the other.

i find it more beneficial to wear 1 sword and 5+shields in one hand and have nothing in the other so you can wrestle away items that would be harmful to you/stop you from murdering :P

heh yeah god bless that exploit ;P, I wonder if Toady will address it at some point.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2011, 02:52:06 am »

heh yeah god bless that exploit ;P, I wonder if Toady will address it at some point.

I hope he does...  :-X And I want to be able to multigrasp as well, that'd be great.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 05, 2011, 12:15:43 pm »

Would somebody mind explaining to me how adventure mode reacts with legends? Like how you can singlehandedly change the name of the age, and how to make cool legends that involve more than just a giant kill list.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 05, 2011, 12:38:56 pm »

Would somebody mind explaining to me how adventure mode reacts with legends? Like how you can singlehandedly change the name of the age, and how to make cool legends that involve more than just a giant kill list.

The legends mode is just to read all stuff that happened on a world, look up historical figures and such, you can't change anything with it, the age name changes depending on the year you're on, as you play adventurer or fortress mode time will pass and after a particular year the name will change , can't remember exactly when that happens though.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 05, 2011, 12:58:51 pm »

The age is based on the number of megabeasts and fantasy races.
Kill all but 2 megabeasts and the age will become "The Age of Megabeast X and Megabeast Y"
Kill all but one race and it will become "The Age of Megabeast type"
Kill most of the fantasy races and it'll become "The Age of Fairy Tales"
Kill everything and it will become "The Age of Emptiness"
*Hugs*

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:56 am »

I have a question... it may seem stupid. Can you actually encounter forgotten beasts underground in adventure mode? I fight titans all the time. But FB's don't have a specific lair. And they only seem to show up to attack in fortress mode. So can you actually find one if you wander the caverns long enough?

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 06, 2011, 11:36:09 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:51:44 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 06, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »

The age is based on the number of megabeasts and fantasy races.
Kill all but 2 megabeasts and the age will become "The Age of Megabeast X and Megabeast Y"
Kill all but one race and it will become "The Age of Megabeast type"
Kill most of the fantasy races and it'll become "The Age of Fairy Tales"
Kill everything and it will become "The Age of Emptiness"

There are lots of them.

Age of Myth is when there's a good amount.
Legends, less.
Heroes, very few.

All but two can be the age of legends.

One can either be "the age of the (megabeast name)" or "age of (megabeast species)".

There can be more than one age of a certain type; with the Legends of Forlorn Realms mod, I've had the twelfth Age of Myth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 06, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »

Yeah, I was giving those as an example.
*Hugs*

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 06, 2011, 05:53:51 pm »

is there any sort of disadvantage for wielding a two handed weapon in one hand?
or the opposit, is there any sort of advantage for multigrasping a one handed weapon?

i'd think using a two handed weapon in one hand would nearly half its effectiveness (they are damn heavy) and multigrasping a one handed weapon would add a little effectiveness (due to using two hands instead of one thereby swinging it harder then you would with one hand/arm)

this question came up due to me managing to grab my steel longsword with my left hand wile i was already holding it with my right.

if no one knows we'll have to find a way to add compleatly useless items to units in the arena, FOR !!SCIENCE!! i guess you could give them boots and add a third boot to the one that will be one hand wielding a two handed weapon to see if theres any effect

tl;dr > one handed two hander worse then two handed two hander?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:03:14 pm by Xotano »

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 07, 2011, 12:38:21 am »

well i didnt get an answer so i took to testing it, took 10 dwarfs wielding two handed swords with iron helms in there hands and 10 without iron helms in there hands and the ones without the iron helms ALWAYS won mostly unscathed, did it like 3 times, now i need to find a way to test multigrasping a one handed weapon, this will be fun
question 1 answered, yes wielding a two handed weapon in one hand gets you a disadvantage with said weapon, how much i duno but its enough that someone multigrasping the same weapon will win if evenly armored

multigrasping a one handed weapon doesnt actually make a difference at all 6 1v1 matches, 3 winners of each side, now ima test one handed two handed swords against longswords

8 1v1 rounds with longswords and twohanded swords with cat gut socks in the off hands. longswords won every time. you're best off with longswords if your going to use a shield/other offhand item.

actually the fact that dwarfs arnt supose to use two handed swords might make a slight difference, duno tho

tl;dr > two handed weapons are only good two handed, multigrasping one handed weapons makes no difference
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:51:07 am by Xotano »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 07, 2011, 03:54:21 am »

You cannot actually multigrasp a one handed weapon.

If you CAN carry a two-handed weapon with one hand, it reduces your attack roll.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 327