Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620786 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #675 on: February 27, 2012, 05:57:00 pm »

Anybody managed to complete a bandit-killing quest in the sewers?

Nexaduro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 27, 2012, 05:59:58 pm »

Why am I unable to butcher corpses or put on multiple cloaks/hoods?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Why am I unable to butcher corpses or put on multiple cloaks/hoods?

If you don't have a weapon with a bladed attack, you cannot butcher a corpse.  If the corpse was sentient in life, you cannot butcher it.  Not even if you are an elf.

If you cannot put on more cloaks or hoods, it is probably because you are already wearing too much stuff.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Nexaduro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »

I have a copper knife and a spear, both of which I've used to butcher before. I'm talking buzzards here, killed it simple as that and when I try to butcher it either in hand or on the ground the operation fails.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 27, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »

I have a copper knife and a spear, both of which I've used to butcher before. I'm talking buzzards here, killed it simple as that and when I try to butcher it either in hand or on the ground the operation fails.

Some animals are too small to butcher. I think buzzards are supposed to be large enough but I'm not sure. Also you need to make sure the tool you're using to butcher with is in your hand.

Nexaduro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »

Problem fixed through a reinstall... I'll try not to think about it too hard.

Does anyone out there have a titan-filled world they could share with me? Or a suggestion for advanced parameters to get a bunch of 'em?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:54 pm »

So...uh...

My batman vampire was cured of vampirism. I slept during fast travel (because I was tired of not being able to see the whole map, and it was night time), and then I wandered a bit in regular mode and a few steps in I randomly ceased to be a vampire.
I mean, it's cool-- I wasn't ready to be a vamp yet. But...uh...what's going on there? How do I avoid it later on down the road?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

KingPeonidas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:45 pm »

That kid, ur still a vamp, the icon just randomly disappears, as soon as you go back into a town it should come back.

BitWizeR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 28, 2012, 12:25:30 am »

So I just walked into a keep with a vampire as a ruler. There were a LOT of people in the keep 9like 12-15 on each floor so I assumed that they must all be vampires too. When I went around asking however I discovered they were all human (or whatever race they happened to be). I assumed this meant once the vampire revealed itself they would kill it for me. The moment I called out the vampire however, they all swarmed me. Are vampire followers a thing? If not, what is going on?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 28, 2012, 01:05:24 am »

Some animals are too small to butcher. I think buzzards are supposed to be large enough but I'm not sure. Also you need to make sure the tool you're using to butcher with is in your hand.

Buzzards are one of my most hated animals because they are so seldom butcherable.  I think I have butchered a buzzard once, despite killing about 100 of them across all the adventure modes I have played since they were introduced.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

PoodleIncident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 28, 2012, 05:57:41 am »

Is it possible to call out an actual vampire, but just get laughed at? I recently found a few people in a keep w/ the sentient jewelery, so I called them on it, but they made the standard herpaderp response. I do have a habit of calling out most people I talk to; could that be impacting my credibility? Am I dumping a stat that makes me more believable? Or is there another way to get the tooth and nail jewelery?

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:10 pm »

necromancer towers

Well first off somthing fairly simple. I spent about 40 minutes cutting down over 100 zombies one at a time making sure not to sever anything but legs at a necromancer tower. I go to climb up thestairs and boof, cant go up. Apparently a goblin zombie was blocking the way.
The problem is there is no way to atack this guy and he cant seeme either. how do i get up?

Second, a bit strtanger, unless this is somthig that always happens.

About half the times i go near this tower as i get close suddenly i get spammed with message "xenopfroglisis the human necromancer is caught in a cloud of flames"
regarding what ever necro mancer or often more than one is in the tower. if this message appears as im drawing close then the necromancers will alrady be dead when i get there.
this common?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 28, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

So my Batman Vampire and his Nephal Swordsman companion were hoping to do a little tomb raiding, but upon arrival we found...nothing.

Is it normal to arrive at a Tomb's supposed location, only to find nothing there but wilderness and flat ground?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »

So my Batman Vampire and his Nephal Swordsman companion were hoping to do a little tomb raiding, but upon arrival we found...nothing.

Is it normal to arrive at a Tomb's supposed location, only to find nothing there but wilderness and flat ground?

Might be bug #5474, where the tomb is is a short ways off from where the quest compass says it should be.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:11 pm »

What determines the likelihood of a kobold ambush?  I think it's some combination of being far away from human habitation and close to mountains, but that's just a guess.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 327