Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621821 times)

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:21 pm »

If you're a vampire, you actually can go in blades-shining if you don't attack the zombies. They won't attack you, because you're technically undead, too.
The necromancers, however, will attack you - unless you're a necromancer, too. So, the best way to do it is to forget your companions, rush into the tower, grab the nearest books and read them as fast as possible. If you can't avoid fighting necromancers, it's not too bad, but don't hit any undead or you will be doomed. The relevant books (the kind that isn't a commentary on some poem or something) usually have the word "death" or something related in the title. If you see a slab, grab that one. It was created by some god and always contains the secrets.

There is no way to cure vampirism (other than a STAKE THROUGH THE HEART), but you won't have to because you can still learn the secrets of life and death (provided you're not an elf).
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

DSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:37 am »

1- Currently, there is no stacking in the game. If you take something from a stack, you can't put the stack back together. However, with coins there is a little trick: you could buy something from a merchant using your individual coins and sell it back to him for some new coins. Of course you can't sell it for the original price, but at least you'll get a fresh new stack of coins.

3- These quests will linger in your quest log forever. There is no way to clear them.

Ah, thanks! Too bad about the stacking but I figure that will eventually be sorted. I'll try the shopkeeper workaround- I've only used a shop once and was a bit confused about the denominations and different currencies but I'll experiment a bit and sort it out.

I figured there was no way to clear the quests but I can live with that. Or rather, I'll probably die before I've got too many unfinishable quests lingering.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 13, 2012, 03:07:44 am »

To Trif:
So it is a good idea to become undead first then? Guess I have to try and find a vampire (Other than a band of bandits, which all my quests are comprised of...)
EDIT: is there an easy way to find a vampire?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:36:06 am by Artinnio »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 13, 2012, 06:45:34 am »

Oh, I assumed you already were a vampire. Becoming one would simplify the whole operation a great deal, but of course it's not impossible with a normal human/dwarf.
Finding vampires usually isn't hard, civilians give out quests to kill vampires to relatively weak adventurers. Of course, this only applies if there actually are any vampires around, but if you have at least 100 years of worldgen, there should be a few. Visit a few cities and keep asking for quests.

If you want to do it the hard way (or can't find any vamps), sneaking is your biggest friend. Zombies aren't very perceptive, so if you're good at sneaking, you should be able to sneak right past them. Again, make a beeline to the books and become a necromancer as fast as possible.
You could also try to lure the zombies out if you're fast enough. Open the door, run around a corner or a tree and sneak back in. The zombies should run outside and scatter, so you can avoid them easily.

Good luck!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:59 am »

Can a bronze colossus be shot to death? With adamantine bolts? Arrows? Bullets from the black powder firearms mod?
(Okay the last one I tested in the arena, 30 tried, failed. Wondering if other projectiles would fare well.)

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 13, 2012, 11:12:19 am »

No, just average human with iron armour.
I started the attack, my companions were slaughtered and I started sneaking around the zombies, managed to kill a necromancer.

I'm pretty sure you can kill a colossus with arrows, my military dwarves managed once

DSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:03 pm »

1- Currently, there is no stacking in the game. If you take something from a stack, you can't put the stack back together. However, with coins there is a little trick: you could buy something from a merchant using your individual coins and sell it back to him for some new coins. Of course you can't sell it for the original price, but at least you'll get a fresh new stack of coins.

Ah, thanks! Too bad about the stacking but I figure that will eventually be sorted. I'll try the shopkeeper workaround- I've only used a shop once and was a bit confused about the denominations and different currencies but I'll experiment a bit and sort it out.

Well, that didn't work out so well. *shrug*

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 14, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »

Ok this has been annoying me to hell lately HOW long does it take for a full moon to rise i been waiting as a necromancer for almost three weeks and yet to find a full moon!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:37 pm »

Ok this has been annoying me to hell lately HOW long does it take for a full moon to rise i been waiting as a necromancer for almost three weeks and yet to find a full moon!

A full moon happens once a month, or every 4 weeks.  Hopefully the werewolves will be more dangerous in coming versions.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »

Can an adventurer die of old age? What is it like?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:07 am »

I think they can, but no-one I think has had a adventurer live that long.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:59 pm »

so which is better pikes or spears?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 15, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »

IIRC, I believe pikes have better damage, but have to be wielded with two hands while spears can be used with a shield. You might want to go with a spear in most cases for the defense, unless you're fighting big, thick-skinned, or well-armored enemies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 15, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »

How do you equip a backpack? I can't find the command in the wiki.
EDIT: Wear was it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:18:43 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #854 on: September 15, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »

I think they can, but no-one I think has had a adventurer live that long.
An adventurer that lives for 5-7 years before dropping could demonstrate this rather nicely >:)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 327