Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621889 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1005 on: November 13, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »

Also with forts, you can abandon one with adamantine gears and have your adventurer get them.

Congratulations, you are now invincible (except to some retarded deaths, of course.)

Not to bolts nor arrows. But minor details :D
Normally I just sneak and decapitate the buggers before they do damage.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

Also with forts, you can abandon one with adamantine gears and have your adventurer get them.

Congratulations, you are now invincible (except to some retarded deaths, of course.)

Not to bolts nor arrows. But minor details :D
Normally I just sneak and decapitate the buggers before they do damage.

The problem comes from sneaking and WTW?  Where was that one?  (or Oops, were you standing there?)

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 12, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »

Garn makes strange gestures!
Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread shudders and begins to move!

is your agility cap higher if you pick high agility then if you pic above average agility?
I feel safe believing that other attributes would work the same way regarding hard stat caps

I noticed that after making a demigod adventurer with superior agility that my agility capped out very quickly giving me a speed cap of 1876, which is less than my peasant adventurer with above average agility had, 1901, for comparison, but I'd like to know if the peasant adventurer could've gotten potentially past 1901 if he started with high agility, even if just a little bit

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Yes.  It  is generally twice your initial attribute score.  Or 2k, if lower than 1000.  But don't quote me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 14, 2012, 01:59:52 am »

I noticed that after making a demigod adventurer with superior agility that my agility capped out very quickly giving me a speed cap of 1876, which is less than my peasant adventurer with above average agility had, 1901, for comparison, but I'd like to know if the peasant adventurer could've gotten potentially past 1901 if he started with high agility, even if just a little bit

Did you start with a higher strength as well? Higher strength increases your character's mass, which consequently decreases your speed proportionately. You'll know your speed will be effected when "s/he is muscular" appears in your descriptor. Fat too, but that's something else.

As an aside, I also noticed that your first werewolf transformation will drop your base form's maximum speed permanently as well if your character wasn't already muscular to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:02:33 am by ShinQuickMan »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 14, 2012, 05:02:19 pm »

Yes.  It  is generally twice your initial attribute score.  Or 2k, if lower than 1000.  But don't quote me.

I think it's twice your initial value, or the initial value + 1000, whichever is higher.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

If I strike an enemy with a misc. object, does the shape of the object has effects on how I hurt my foes? e.g if I strike with a tooth, horn or sharp stone, does it do piercing damage?
Until now I read that only misc. objects with a decent mass are proper for cambat. (Thinking of the corpse-filled coffin...)
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »

Until now teeth and sharp stones don't seem to do piercing/slashing damage and are used as a blunt weapon I guess. Only arrows/bolts get the "stab with..." option.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 20, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »

as far as DF goes every thing is a blunt object unless it is tag as have a cuting attack.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1014 on: December 20, 2012, 04:13:18 pm »

I'm getting the laptop ready to download Dwarf Fortress again, so I can "gift" it to my baby brother on Christmas day... and play more Cobar.

On that note, when you retire an adventurer do your companions go back to their home towns? Or do they disappear entirely?

And what about when you recruit a former adventurer as a companion? Do they go back to the town you retired them in if you retire your new adventurer?

One more: is it possible to change the healing values for nerve damage so that a character with crippled feet can heal and walk again? If so, where in the raws would that value be? My first companion is still with me, and she's awesome enough to deserve her own article on Badass of the Week, but I'm tired of seeing her reduced to crawling everywhere because one of her legs will never heal.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1015 on: December 20, 2012, 05:43:25 pm »

Is there anywhere that I can easily find and copy/paste recent reports from an adventure?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 20, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

I heard DF hack has a function, but I wouldn't know.  ask in Modding for third party stuffs.  It may be that w.e. you use would have to be on when the reports happened. . .
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 20, 2012, 05:51:31 pm »

On that note, when you retire an adventurer do your companions go back to their home towns? Or do they disappear entirely?

And what about when you recruit a former adventurer as a companion? Do they go back to the town you retired them in if you retire your new adventurer?

One more: is it possible to change the healing values for nerve damage so that a character with crippled feet can heal and walk again? If so, where in the raws would that value be? My first companion is still with me, and she's awesome enough to deserve her own article on Badass of the Week, but I'm tired of seeing her reduced to crawling everywhere because one of her legs will never heal.
1. I know they don't disappear because I once ended up fighting my old companions in the town I retired them in so I think they stay in the same place.
2. Nervous tissue will never heal because the tissues kind of aren't layers in creature bodies (with the exception of spines). Of course transformation will heal all wounds so that may be viable.
Is there anywhere that I can easily find and copy/paste recent reports from an adventure?
Gamelog text file in the game directory.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 20, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »

And instantly I regret opening my mouth.

In other news, over 2500 pages of log when put in word.
PKs DF Mod!

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1019 on: December 20, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

So there is literally no way to fix my companion? Because turning her into a werebeast is not an option I'm willing to take.

Surely there's something in the raws I can edit to make nerves heal.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 327