Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621943 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1020 on: December 20, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »

Nerves aren't tissue, therefore don't have a healing rate.  You either have them in a tissue or not, and they are either intact or not.  If she came from a town and you remember where exactly she may respawn. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:05 pm »

I don't absolutely need her to walk again, since she's badass enough to kill just about anything even with her injuries, but it pains me to see her unable to walk even with a crutch when her legs are both intact.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 22, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »

I have a question about being a vampire.
I saw an axeman in a house. He wasn't legendary for any visible reason, but he was flashing.  Jokingly, I thought "Heh, maybe he cheated." And accused him of being a vampire. Guess what? He cheated. Everyone else in the building started to attack him, and a large fight ensued. I'm a wrestler, so while others had him pinned, I broke his arms at the shoulders to disarm him. I then took out my dagger, and I slashed him with it, drawing blood. After a while of stabbing, I was unable to kill him, so I took off his helmet and beat him with it. Eventually I was able to brain him.

If you don't want to know how to be a vampire, don't read:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After I did that, I went out in the wilderness. I had the little "Thirst" thing on the bottom, but it was red. And now I'm here. Does it have to do with being a vampire? Am I thirsty for blood?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 22, 2012, 04:38:19 pm »

After I did that, I went out in the wilderness. I had the little "Thirst" thing on the bottom, but it was red. And now I'm here. Does it have to do with being a vampire? Am I thirsty for blood?
Yes. Yes you are. The brighter the red the thirstier you are. To quench it find (or induce) an unconcious critter, hit 'e' and choose 'Suck X's blood' (should be at the top). If you are caught doing this to a civilization member (someone can see and is awake within range) that civilization will become hostile to you.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 22, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »

Yes. Yes you are. The brighter the red the thirstier you are. To quench it find (or induce) an unconcious critter, hit 'e' and choose 'Suck X's blood' (should be at the top). If you are caught doing this to a civilization member (someone can see and is awake within range) that civilization will become hostile to you.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I was looking under the 'x' menu.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 22, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

So... Um... I'm flying to an island near the edge of the world I'm in, and all of a sudden the entire ocean seems to be moving underneath me. This is true as deep as I can see. There are even open spaces among the water in the top Z-Level. What's going on here?
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »

My problems persist. I looked under the eating menu, but it still won't let me suck blood. I've tried withvthe corpses of a doe rabbit, a raven and a goblin. Halp.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 22, 2012, 07:38:19 pm »

Nevermind, the problem was they were dead. I knocked out a gobbo and sucked on him. Yays.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »

So... Um... I'm flying to an island near the edge of the world I'm in, and all of a sudden the entire ocean seems to be moving underneath me. This is true as deep as I can see. There are even open spaces among the water in the top Z-Level. What's going on here?

Anyone?
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 22, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »

Anyone?

It's likely just oceanic sections differing in water level. Water in DF will move down as far as possible and spread around as far as possible. When little bits of water are displaced on the top they keep shifting around until they land on a solid surface, oceans are really just empty space filled with water so the levels above the first will move when possible. Additionally the ocean has current and when some of it evaporates the shifts in water level placement can be really odd. It's even worse in the middle of the ocean.

Or it could be temperature pockets evaporating the ocean or a certain tiles in it making all the water rush to fill the space.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 22, 2012, 08:39:10 pm »

Anyone?

It's likely just oceanic sections differing in water level. Water in DF will move down as far as possible and spread around as far as possible. When little bits of water are displaced on the top they keep shifting around until they land on a solid surface, oceans are really just empty space filled with water so the levels above the first will move when possible. Additionally the ocean has current and when some of it evaporates the shifts in water level placement can be really odd. It's even worse in the middle of the ocean.

Or it could be temperature pockets evaporating the ocean or a certain tiles in it making all the water rush to fill the space.

So nothing to worry about? Besides FPS of course.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 22, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »

Nothing at all to worry about unless you are in an ocean that freezes. When they say the glaciers swallowed them they were serious, it really does happen. Only in freezing oceans though.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 22, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »

Nothing at all to worry about unless you are in an ocean that freezes. When they say the glaciers swallowed them they were serious, it really does happen. Only in freezing oceans though.

Phew. Too far south for that to happen. (It's mid-to-late winter anyway.) Moving on then. Thanks.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 22, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

Looks like it was indeed oceanic sections differing in water level. By quite a bit. In fact, I'm probobley at least 5 Z-Levels below where I started... And it's still going. I'm starting to see Mist now in fact.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:56 am »

So i'm fighting a deity in Adventure mode... where the added recently?
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 327