Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621900 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1080 on: January 14, 2013, 02:40:59 am »

I'm having trouble making new races playable in the adventure mode of an existing game. I've tried adding:

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:TUNDRA]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:YETI]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]

to the entity_default.txt for that game's save, but no juice. What am I doing wrong?

That's more of a modding question, but I digress. Have you tried putting it at a larger-numbered tier? I remember having trouble placing my custom race in adventure tier 4 for some reason, but changing it to tier 5+ worked just fine.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:47 pm »

Fanks. Got another question:

Why is the FPS so much worse when travelling underground? I can stroll across a field just fine, but as soon as I descend into a sewer or dungeon everything crawls to a halt. It's literally not worth questing below ground it's so slow. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »

Fanks. Got another question:

Why is the FPS so much worse when travelling underground? I can stroll across a field just fine, but as soon as I descend into a sewer or dungeon everything crawls to a halt. It's literally not worth questing below ground it's so slow. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?
Dat good question.

I imagine because of pathfinding and LOS bits.  Just cuz you can't see them doesnt mean they canno see you.  Also I think it emulate across all z levels, including the surface (which is probably a town).
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
« Reply #1083 on: January 15, 2013, 11:33:55 am »

Question.

Halberd classifies as what kind of weapon? I really like halberds so I want to start with one/be good with one when I find one.
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »

Halberds use axe skill. Remember to multigrasp them for maximum effect.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:11 am »

Halberds use axe skill. Remember to multigrasp them for maximum effect.

And how the hell do I do that.
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:37 am »

Drop everything from your hands, then take the halberd out.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:14 am »

Tried that. If I remember correctly. I still had it in one hand. Which was left.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:41 am »

Strange, it works for me. Are you playing as a human? Nothing else in your hands? It should say "Multigrasp" in your inventory.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:33 am »

Strange, it works for me. Are you playing as a human? Nothing else in your hands? It should say "Multigrasp" in your inventory.

Yup. I have bronze halberd. Dropped the shield and it was still in left hand. Then I placed the weapon into my bag and pulled it out. Still left hand. Then I dropped it and picked it up again. Yet again, left hand.

Btw. Another question. How do I mod kobolds into the game? I kind of want to play as one.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 16, 2013, 01:19:20 pm »

try droping it, equiping a shield, then the halbred, then remove the shield.  its getting to the point of a bug.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 16, 2013, 01:47:14 pm »

try droping it, equiping a shield, then the halbred, then remove the shield.  its getting to the point of a bug.

...The halberd is now in right hand.

EDIT: Again, how do I mod kobolds into the game? Want to play as one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:35 pm »

Go to your DF folder. Then go to raw, then objects, open entity_default, and replace all the text from [ENTITY:EVIL] on down with the text in the spoiler below. Bam, playable kobolds and goblins. ^^^ It'll also give them human-like cities to be found in. I would've added dwarves and elves to that too, but character limit. :-\ Just find all the SITE stuff from one of the civs in the spoiler and copy/paste it over the dwarven/elven equivalents if you want them to have human-like cities as well.

Also, you'll have to generate a new world once you make these changes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 16, 2013, 03:43:46 pm »

Hm, generated two world. It gave me goblins but not kobolds. The second world have short history. I'm doing something wrong?

Also, still need help with the fucking halberd.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »

Hmm. It's possible that all the kobolds got wiped out during world gen, I'm not sure. It's working in mine. Try genning a larger world than you have been doing? As for the halberd, I have no idea. Unless your character is large him/herself to wield it in only one hand (usually I've only had that happen when playing as a modded race of some sort but I suppose it could happen with humans), you should automatically multigrasp large weapons. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about it; for survivability, having a shield is far more important than multigrasping a large weapon.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 327