Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622060 times)

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1110 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:07 am »

I believe you have to wait 24 dorfy hours before making a conclusion.
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1111 on: January 18, 2013, 05:19:04 am »

How will I know?
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1112 on: January 18, 2013, 05:30:56 am »

Also will smoke suffocate people if say someone were to light multiple camp fires in a house then more blocking their exit onto the street?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 18, 2013, 06:00:07 am »

How will I know?

I believe, you'll no longer get thirsty or hungry, but you'll need to feed on the sleeping.  If you get caught doing it, you get Fun.

QUESTION: Can humans and goblins be so in awe of me that they just stand around when they ambush me?  Unless I attack, I can even recruit them and accept quests from them.  O_o

My Outsider is so leveled, you'll be fortunate if I just take your head off with one swipe of my large copper dagger instead of sneaking up to you, breaking every bone in your body, and then biting you to death piece by piece.  So, I wouldn't be too surprised.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 18, 2013, 06:03:02 am »

Also will smoke suffocate people if say someone were to light multiple camp fires in a house then more blocking their exit onto the street?

You thought of it, why not give it a try?
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1115 on: January 18, 2013, 07:21:45 am »

Yeah I did, nothing happened haha

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 18, 2013, 07:52:11 am »

That's stupid, every question asked here can be solved by: "You thought of it, why not give it a try", so why not close this thread since it has no point now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:21 am »

QUESTION: Can humans and goblins be so in awe of me that they just stand around when they ambush me?  Unless I attack, I can even recruit them and accept quests from them.  O_o

My Outsider is so leveled, you'll be fortunate if I just take your head off with one swipe of my large copper dagger instead of sneaking up to you, breaking every bone in your body, and then biting you to death piece by piece.  So, I wouldn't be too surprised.
Yes, I think it's to do with being an outsider: they don't have any faction-related reasons for hating you (but they will hate your followers), and your reputation for killing unrelated local villains will often make you a hero even among bandits and goblins. My most awesome adventurer was a minotaur- he'd recruit everyone that ambushed him, and then his old and new followers would duke it out for the right to fight alongside him. (Until a routine lair raid had him run into some bleak men. Didn't end well.)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:39 pm »

Is there some kind of how-to for becoming a necromancer? I assumed you had to read the slab with the secrets and would then be able to raise dead, presumably via the 'x' menu (acquired power?).

Well, the slab i found said "The secrets of life and death", but no new options appeared in the 'x' menu and when i was spotted, all of the bloody corpses piled on top of me and merrily charged me all over the place (i savescummed, because fuck adventure mode).

Where did i go wrong? Was this some kind of joke slab? Do you need to read the stupid slab a hundred times? Do you need better than novice reading skill? Are elves forbidden from becoming necromancers? Do you need to use a super-special undocumented keybinding to raise the dead?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1119 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

That's stupid, every question asked here can be solved by: "You thought of it, why not give it a try", so why not close this thread since it has no point now.
Calm down. There is a difference between knowing an answer and not giving it, and not knowing an answer and finding it. Or at least helping others acknowledging there is no answer. Yet.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 20, 2013, 07:21:31 am »

Is there some kind of how-to for becoming a necromancer? I assumed you had to read the slab with the secrets and would then be able to raise dead, presumably via the 'x' menu (acquired power?).

Well, the slab i found said "The secrets of life and death", but no new options appeared in the 'x' menu and when i was spotted, all of the bloody corpses piled on top of me and merrily charged me all over the place (i savescummed, because fuck adventure mode).

Where did i go wrong? Was this some kind of joke slab? Do you need to read the stupid slab a hundred times? Do you need better than novice reading skill? Are elves forbidden from becoming necromancers? Do you need to use a super-special undocumented keybinding to raise the dead?
Elves can't become necromancers because they're already immortal.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:19 am »

Elves can't become necromancers because they're already immortal.

Ah, thanks. Welp, time to wrap up my adventure mode antics; until next version, i guess.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 20, 2013, 07:48:33 am »

New to adventure mode, is there any realistic way of obtaining armor better than bronze? Every civ I find seems to only use such armor (and the occassional alpaca wool hat).

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1123 on: January 20, 2013, 08:07:59 am »

New to adventure mode, is there any realistic way of obtaining armor better than bronze? Every civ I find seems to only use such armor (and the occassional alpaca wool hat).

I read that someone mentioned that only dwarves make armor higher... like if your looking for steel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 20, 2013, 11:48:59 am »

A fortress can make it and sell it.  And it can be modded in.  If you consider iron better there's that. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 327