Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621823 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1215 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:57 am »

Just do enough for their civ, gaining repute with them.  Actual skill doesn't matter.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 14, 2013, 10:51:37 am »

How do I get quests from Leaders, such as Law-Givers? When I ask them about service, they just say that I am too weak or somthing to that effect.

Until you've completed enough menial tasks for peasants and townfolk, nobility will not give you a quest.
When you move to a new region, you may or may-not need to up your reputation again due to political and geographic reasons.
Repeatedly discussing the surroundings with townfolk can reveal local sites such as camps, lairs, tombs and such to clear before you're qualified to quest for that site.  This can help boost your reputation faster.  You can also get leads on where to find elite companions from these discussions.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:16 am »

I think I've asked this question before; but is there anywhere safe to store your loot?
My current adventurer is carrying a Kobold civilization's worth of gear and its taking its toll on my guy

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:29 am »

I think I've asked this question before; but is there anywhere safe to store your loot?
My current adventurer is carrying a Kobold civilization's worth of gear and its taking its toll on my guy
Well if I am correct I think lairs are set to not have items scrambled around or dissipear

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 15, 2013, 11:35:48 am »

Well if I am correct I think lairs are set to not have items scrambled around or dissipear

Knowing the game scatters loot, I was placing my loot in a chest or bag and dropping it in front of the nearest town/city fortress (for easy finding).  I never thought more of it, but it doesn't ever move or scatter on me.
On the other hand, there's so little to buy with loot (for now), so what's the point?  Now, I only grab the shiniest jewelery for fun, and grab the best armour and weapons for Fun.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 15, 2013, 11:52:37 am »

Role Playing.  Also throwing
things with legendary throwing
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:21 pm »

Fun fact a lead pot filled with lead toy boats is not something to laugh at when thrown

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 15, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »

Knowing the game scatters loot, I was placing my loot in a chest or bag and dropping it in front of the nearest town/city fortress (for easy finding).  I never thought more of it, but it doesn't ever move or scatter on me.
On the other hand, there's so little to buy with loot (for now), so what's the point?  Now, I only grab the shiniest jewelery for fun, and grab the best armour and weapons for Fun.

Yeah, I'm playing as a Vampire with an obsession for Relics  8)
So if I stashed all my loot in a Giant Tiger's lair, it would all just stay safe till I come to collect later?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 15, 2013, 03:56:27 pm »

You can drop your loot anywhere, the game saves objects now. Well, using lairs or towers or whatever makes it easier to find later.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Lockem Shoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »

I FINALLY BECAME A VAMPIRE AND BECAME A NECROMANCER IN ADVENTURE MODE!

But I have way too many zombies. They keep killing things before I can drink blood.

When I try to attack one of my zombies, I have to click ALT+A or something to accept the attack. From my experience, this makes people of the same race turn against you.

Does this concept still apply to your own zombies? Will they attack you?

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 15, 2013, 09:41:33 pm »

It makes your zombies neutral towards you, so they won't attack or follow you. That should work for drinking blood, though you would have to get different zombies afterward.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:30 pm »

I FINALLY BECAME A VAMPIRE AND BECAME A NECROMANCER IN ADVENTURE MODE!

But I have way too many zombies. They keep killing things before I can drink blood.

When I try to attack one of my zombies, I have to click ALT+A or something to accept the attack. From my experience, this makes people of the same race turn against you.

Does this concept still apply to your own zombies? Will they attack you?

You need to use alt+a because they're considered friendlies.  Only the living get hateful when you attack them, and it's the civ/region, not the race.  Zombies lack emotion.  Being undead yourself, all your minions will do is suddenly stop obeying you while continuing their meals.  Zombies created afterward will behave normally.  There are several existing threads discussing all the ins and outs on necros, vamps, zombies, and every possible combination of.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »

I demand a weremancer thread!
PKs DF Mod!

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 16, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »

I haven't played adventure mode much, and was curious - can an adventurer tear down constructed walls?
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 16, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »

no.  not yet, at least
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 327