Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621820 times)

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 11, 2013, 12:54:51 pm »

Right when I'm trying to do a quest to kill someone in some underground place or 'catacombs' where do I find the entrance? I've been running around the marked task area like a headless chicken with no luck the past day :(

Sorry going to quote this so it isn't lost on the last page, really need an answer I'm just stuck at the moment! :(

Yes I suck
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 11, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »

The dungeon is in the keep or center of the town.  The catacombs are in/under the church/shrine
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:45 pm »

The dungeon is in the keep or center of the town.  The catacombs are in/under the church/shrine

Thanks, I have no idea where to find those in each town though! :p  I'll check the wiki and see if that helps

Edit: Right the keep is in the centre of the town, should have known that... Where do I find churches/shrines???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:43:05 pm by Tibbz2 »
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 11, 2013, 02:00:46 pm »

Thanks, I have no idea where to find those in each town though! :p  I'll check the wiki and see if that helps

Edit: Right the keep is in the centre of the town, should have known that... Where do I find churches/shrines???
You can press 'm' in travel mode to change map settings. You'll find Shrines (and everything else) listed along with houses, shops, etc..
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 11, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

Thank you :)

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

I still literally have no idea where to find it, comes up sewer entrance in the map menu, but doesn't tell me where, and I have no idea where to look!  :-[

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

looking for a square building with no roof and a deep it in it.  A human with some ridiculous name like 'holy nut' will be there.  It should be listed as a church, not a sewer.  Does your compass tell you anything?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 11, 2013, 04:56:45 pm »

To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing at all... lol

I don't know how to use the compass or what it means, what to look for, how to get there etc... I probably need a full explanation, sorry!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 11, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »

The list of directions (NW, SW, E, etc) There should be symbols after them denoting various things like villages, caves, towns, and an asterisk thing that denotes a quest objective.
PKs DF Mod!

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 12, 2013, 01:36:44 am »

What skills affect the likeliness of getting a follower? 
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 12, 2013, 03:21:41 am »

The list of directions (NW, SW, E, etc) There should be symbols after them denoting various things like villages, caves, towns, and an asterisk thing that denotes a quest objective.

Oh yes I get the quest one on the compass, but it still doesn't tell me where the keep is etc :( I'm guessing I need to ask around

I'm not very good at this

Edit: Well I see the symbols on the compass but I have NO clue what any of them mean! Nothing on the wiki I can find to help :(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:29:19 am by Tibbz2 »

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 12, 2013, 05:47:01 am »

What skills affect the likeliness of getting a follower?
Empathy, and Social Awareness to increase the number. But attributes are much less important than fame, in this case. A Legendary Hero will basically never be turned down unless he's hit the follower cap, even if you have Very Low in both mentioned attributes. We're talking well over a dozen. If you've just started out and want to avoid boogeymen, know that different NPC's may have different requirements for them to join. Ask one guy in a house to join you and he might turn you down, ask another and he might join.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

soczke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 13, 2013, 12:32:43 am »

two questions:
1. is it possible to completely snuck up to someone? like standing right next to them and then slicing their throat when they don't suspect anything or choking them
2. is it possible to disable bogeymen? i don't travel at night anyway and when i want to travel alone they are just being a pain in the butt

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 13, 2013, 06:27:14 pm »

two questions:
1. is it possible to completely snuck up to someone? like standing right next to them and then slicing their throat when they don't suspect anything or choking them
2. is it possible to disable bogeymen? i don't travel at night anyway and when i want to travel alone they are just being a pain in the butt
1. Yes. With Ambusher in the legendary levels I have killed hydra without them even noticing me. That is 7 heads dead without being spotted.
2. Yes. Gen a world with advanced parameters and set the "Number of Bogeymen" to 0. Since no types were ever made none will ever spawn. Note that setting it even to as a low as 1 wont even put a dent in the number of Bogeymen that spawn. They will just all be clones of each other.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 13, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

I do not know if this is the correct thread to ask this, but is there a way for me to make a reaction to create giant serrated candy discs out of thin air? I do not have the patience to mine and smith my own fort since I really only play ~30 mins every other day or so.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 327