Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621934 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1440 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:22 pm »

I do not know if this is the correct thread to ask this, but is there a way for me to make a reaction to create giant serrated candy discs out of thin air? I do not have the patience to mine and smith my own fort since I really only play ~30 mins every other day or so.
It might and it might not. If you want them for your fort than yes yes it is. If you want it for your adventurer than DFHack has a create item plugin.
I will be nice and give you the code you will need to put into it once you have dfhack "createitem TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC INORGANIC:CANDY #" without the "", with CANDY being replaced with the true name of metal and # being replaced with the desired number.

Oberon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread - Joining Stacks - ??
« Reply #1441 on: July 15, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »

Hi all DF'ers, just a quick question about item stacks in adventure mode. Is there any way to join stacks of the same item type in your inventory?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »

Hi all DF'ers, just a quick question about item stacks in adventure mode. Is there any way to join stacks of the same item type in your inventory?

Nope.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Oberon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:55 pm »

Nope.

Right, ok.  Thanks.

soczke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

what is the chance of getting ambushed by animals/goblins while sleeping in the wilderness? it happens quite a lot to me

thgntlmnfrmtrlfmdr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 15, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing it wrong. Can someone explain to me step by step how to become a necromancer and or a vampire. I've killed and drank the blood of multiple vampires with multiple characters on two different computers, and have uninstalled and reinstalled df several times and yet still I cannot become a vampire. I haven't checked for werebeasts but I'm afraid they might not work either.

Also, recently I read an artifact book in adventure mode and did not become a necromancer either. Any help would be very much appreciated. Should I make a bug report?
Sid Meier's Tarn Adam's Dwarf Fortress: Civilization
Armok : Total (D)War(f)
Urista Universalis

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:36 pm »

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing it wrong. Can someone explain to me step by step how to become a necromancer and or a vampire. I've killed and drank the blood of multiple vampires with multiple characters on two different computers, and have uninstalled and reinstalled df several times and yet still I cannot become a vampire. I haven't checked for werebeasts but I'm afraid they might not work either.

Also, recently I read an artifact book in adventure mode and did not become a necromancer either. Any help would be very much appreciated. Should I make a bug report?
1. "Note: The game does not give you any confirmation that you have become a vampire.v0.34.11 The only way to make sure that you have transformed is to wait for twenty-four hours (enough time for any regular mortal to hunger for food.) until you get thirsty, which should show up eventually. To get rid of the thirsty tag, you MUST drink directly from another living knocked out, unconscious or sleeping creature. This could lead to hazardous mishaps if you're discovered/if the victim awakes, unless you beat your victim senseless first. Once you have fed on an unsuspecting victim, you will have a red icon denoting you are a vampire next to your name." taken from the wiki page on vampires.
2. Books dont give you anything other than the knowledge that the necromancer was full of himself. You need to find and read the Slabs.

thgntlmnfrmtrlfmdr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:11 pm »

1. "Note: The game does not give you any confirmation that you have become a vampire.v0.34.11 The only way to make sure that you have transformed is to wait for twenty-four hours (enough time for any regular mortal to hunger for food.) until you get thirsty, which should show up eventually. To get rid of the thirsty tag, you MUST drink directly from another living knocked out, unconscious or sleeping creature. This could lead to hazardous mishaps if you're discovered/if the victim awakes, unless you beat your victim senseless first. Once you have fed on an unsuspecting victim, you will have a red icon denoting you are a vampire next to your name." taken from the wiki page on vampires.

Yes, I know the game doesn't tell me "you have become a vampire" but what I meant was that I did wait 24 hours and I still got drowsy and thirsty and hungry and I did not get the option to feed on people when I pressed e when I was standing on top of them while they were sleeping.

Thanks for the information about the book though. I think that might solve that problem. I'll try to test it now to be sure that I can, in fact, become a necromancer by reading a slab. So thanks for that.
Urista Universalis

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »

2. Books dont give you anything other than the knowledge that the necromancer was full of himself. You need to find and read the Slabs.

While it is much easier to find slabs to learn secrets from, some books contain secrets.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 15, 2013, 10:49:49 pm »

While it is much easier to find slabs to learn secrets from, some books contain secrets.
Im willing to guess that he isnt finding those kinds of books. But slabs always contain the secrets of life and death. I actually never found a book that makes people necromancers. Just books about the vanity of necromancers.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: July 16, 2013, 03:09:47 am »

Hello.

If you have a waterskin, with water in it, pour out the water on the ground. Kill the vampire. Fill the waterskin with vampire blood by standing near the blood (remember to kill it in a gory way) and pressing 'I' (uppercase i), like when you fill a waterskin with water. Then pour out the blood on top of the water from before. This way always seems to work for me. Actually, you should get several waterskins, and then fill them up with the water-blood mix. That way you can then leave them in various fortresses or towns or whatever, where they'll be easy to get for your next adventurer.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

thgntlmnfrmtrlfmdr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 16, 2013, 09:03:34 am »

I've already tried dumping out the water and drinking blood from the waterskin, but I haven't tried mixing them on the ground before, so I'll get on that I guess. Thanks.

Also, do you find that it doesn't work when you don't do it that way?
Urista Universalis

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:41 am »

Also, do you find that it doesn't work when you don't do it that way?
Frequently, but not always.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

thgntlmnfrmtrlfmdr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:15 am »

Fuck Yeah!

I'm a vampire! Thank you all so much! Now I'm going to go to a tower, waltz in, read the slab (which I already checked in legends just to make sure it was there) and see if that will make me a necromancer! Thank you all so much! The water laced with blood thing worked! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been wanting to do this for so long!
Urista Universalis

thgntlmnfrmtrlfmdr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:32 am »

Necromancer works too! Much thanks to everyone who answered!
Urista Universalis
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 327